DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Reverse Engineer the Pitch

Kivam

So, I'm walking to work from Penn Station today, and on my way through Herald Square, some guy with a press badge directs me to walk 5 feet out of my way because my gate of choice is closed.  Now I don't like this - I've meticulously designed my walking route to be the most efficient way to get from Penn Station to 39th and Park, and that 5 foot digression means more effort for me.  So, obviously, I look around to see what's got me detouring.  What is it?  A stage set for a new TV show - Dance Your Ass Off, where fat people have a dance competition to lose the most weight.

Seriously.

Which gets me thinking about what the pitch for this show must have been:

Producer: So, it's fat people dancing.  Which is funny.  Plus it's a weightloss competition.  It's like So You Think You Can Dance - which people love - mixed with The Biggest Loser - which people also love.  It can't fail!

Network Exec: Championship!

*shudders*

Lets make a game of this - I'll name a show, you guys reverse engineer the pitch.  I'll pick the best one (by whatever standards I want - most likely true, funniest, whatever), and the winner gets to name the next show for everyone to reverse engineer.  And so on, until the sun collapses in on itself or we all lose interest, whichever comes first.

Here's the show:

The Ghost Whisperer

• Community Administrator

Aight, so we've been tasked to find a new market, and the market we choose was that of Morons. They are one of the largets untapped market in the world! So, we have this crazy guy who hears voices in his head. We have a lady who eats up anything he says as if its true, and we find a bunch of morons who'll believe he's talking to ghosts, and then all the morons watching the show who also believe in ghosts, will believe everything that is going on, Then they'll tell there moron friends, and BAM! You'll have yourself the highest ratings from morons!

Archived