DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TV] Top Chef Masters

Mendorah

I love Top Chef.  I'm happy to see a Masters version because it puts food with a charity competition.  When these competitions are for charity, they are always more fun.  Some of the guest chefs on Top Chef have been a bit jerky to the contestants, so I hope those chefs are on here.  It would be great to see some pay back. 

One chef this week is from Fort Worth.  I haven't been to his restaurant, as I've not really eaten in Fort Worth. I'm a Dallas girl so I usually stick close to home on the rare occasion I go out, but I've seen him featured in several places and I am really pulling for him.

In the Quick Fire, Hubert was the only one who thought about making the dessert for Kids.  Everyone else made their stuff for adults.  Seriously, a carmelized banana for kids?  Don't they know kids are super picky?  And I love fried food like nobody's business, but I can't stand behind hometown boy's chicken fried strawberry.

So the shopping segment for the elimination round was pretty funny.  I can't believe hometown boy froze his groceries!  Dunce!!!  But it looked like everything but the Kale was good.  I want the recipe for his pozole.  And For the Cabbage soup (can't remember who made that).  I'm surprised everyone was so surprised to find shrimp in the Mac and cheese.  It's not that different from alfredo.  I can't believe they pulled all of that off in a dorm room.

The Microwave segment was priceless.  As a non-microwave user, I can identify, haha!

I'll definately be watching this again, but I wish the format was more like regular Top Chef.  This format isn't as sucessful.  By eliminating all but one each week, we don't get to really form an attachment to any of these guys.

I think that it's pretty good actually.  You can really tell the difference between the Masters and the Top Chef schlubs.  I mean one of the guys was talking about how the bone helps with the moisture or something even though he was cooking on a hot plate.  If anything, Top Chef Masters makes me realize how much of a slacker the regular contestants are.

I watched this last night and enjoyed it. It would've been nice to see it set as a normal season (Where's Padma? :tug) I do understand that these Master chefs probably couldn't take the time away to do a full season and it does make it kind of interesting, different stakes and all.

On the episode, I liked the Texan but I actually liked the French guy more and I was happy he survived, his food looked good!

Archived