DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Another new fan

strayth

Hey there,

Just new to the boards, thought I'd stop in and say hello. Earlier tonight I finished Eye of the World, and tomorrow I'm off to get The Great Hunt.

Um. ... Matrim Cauthon / Moirane Sedai for president '08!

Guest Egwene

Hello Strayth, welcome to the boards :)

If you have only just started on the WoT series, you might want to avoid the book discussion boards. There is no way, that you will be able to avoid coming across spoilers.

The rest of the forum should be fairly safe ground though. I see you are into writing... there are several boards here that involve writing... Silly stories, the Writers Guild and of course there is a lot of story writing on the RolePlaying side. Why not give some of them a go 8)

wow a really newbie, just starting the books??

Good for you, let me guess already hooked on the series??? :D

It is really a good book, just like this is a really good site. Hope to see you around the white tower. Maybe join one of the ajahs and we will defend you from any spoilers. Blues got your back. lol

Stop by some time.

Yeah I wasn't really into the first half of the book (I'm afraid video-gaming and television has rendered me one of those "immediate gratification" kind of fellas) but by the end I was just locked on it.

Oh, and I work with a guy who spoiled a little bit for me but not enough to where I don't want to read the series. I mean, Moirane's finishing line in EotW was basically clue enough, if not even the little encounter Rand had a couple pages before.

:)

strayth:

Yeah I wasn't really into the first half of the book (I'm afraid video-gaming and television has rendered me one of those "immediate gratification" kind of fellas) but by the end I was just locked on it.

Oh, and I work with a guy who spoiled a little bit for me but not enough to where I don't want to read the series. I mean, Moirane's finishing line in EotW was basically clue enough, if not even the little encounter Rand had a couple pages before.

I am with you on the video game statement. I have been playing (More like obssessed) with vido games for well over 20 years. Oddly enough, when I first started to read Eye of the world at my uncles advice, is when my video game addiction started to lessen to the point where I don't have any intrest in games anymore.

Now, instead of people harassing me about playing so many games, they instead harass me about reading too much. It is a better addiction, I say.

I wanted to join a Role-play of sorts but... the rules! Maybe I'll be a casual observer or something, for a while.

Oh and I'm already void of a social life thanks to GRRM. This just seals the deal.

You're an A Song of Ice and Fire fan as well? I think you'd fit in just fine in the roleplay - the White Tower Div is practically run by Martin fans, hence the high incidence of maiming, betrayal and high drama. ;) Welcome to the boards! If you do want to get into the roleplay, just give me a buzz and I'll help you out. The rules are usually only there to prevent excessive accumulations of super-specialness, I like them because it gives the less-special a chance ... but different styles of roleplay appeal to different folks. You can find a slightly more relaxed roleplay over at Mirrors for example. Let me know. :D

Cheers,

Sirayn

Welcome to dragonmount! Hope you have fun. I have to agree with Raena, fiddlessticks is loads of fun! I also agree with you about Moiraine's finishing line, it gives me goosebumps to this day. I was hooked as soon as Rand saw the Myrddraal in the first chapter, though a friend at work had also told me a lot about the series already. As with Goldie, I no longer care about video games at all, though I didn't used to do much else. Anyway, have fun here and enjoy the books!! Hope to see you around.

I sent the stone portal world admin a letter for application and I still haven't received confirmation. This makes my inner nerd weep. Until the inner bully kicks him in the stomach and takes his lunch money.

Can you clarify what you mean by having sent the admin a letter of application? Have you, for example, applied to join the Dragon Reborn PSW usergroup? As far as I know this is still on automatic accept so you shouldn't need to wait for a response at all. Have you sent in a bio? Is there another stage you're stuck on? Tell me everything. :)

Guest Egwene

Strayth, looking at the Usergroups, you have not yet joined the Dragon Reborn PSW. Go to Usergroups under Forum Options (top right of screen). Where it says 'Age of Legends', scroll down the options and choose 'Dragon Reborn PSW'. That should do the trick :wink:

You're using the wrong site. The site dmpsw.com is our old roleplaying place; it's now shut down and the roleplay is housed on the Dragonmount forums, right here, along with the community. As Egwene says, please register for the Dragon Reborn PSW usergroup using this link. :)

Archived