DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ale for me, a girl for him: Adela and Adamin's Intro. (Open to all)

Eqwina

Adela leaned back against a large tree trunk by the rode, letting her horse’s reins dangle in her hands. Her back muscles were tight, and her backside felt as if it would have a permanent impression from the saddle.  For days now they had ridden from sun up to near dark, at her insistence, but now with the Shining walls in sight her strength was giving out. Opening one eye she watched Adamin almost most bounce with impatience. She could almost see him counting the sums of woman a city as large as Tar Valon could hold.

Pushing off from the tree with a groan Adela threw a rock softly at her brother. “Watch my horse you nit, I am going to go change.” Watching his mouth start to open she tossed him the reins. “The faster I dress the faster you have ale in your hand and a woman on your knee.” Laughing at the sparkle in his eyes she grabbed a clean short shift, with one of her personally created hip length off the shoulder dresses. She had run out of clean pants days ago, so she chose deep blue cotton to match the pants and boots she already wore. Ducking behind a small stand of bushes she quickly exchanged her stained, dust caked dress, for the fresh. Once she had everything tucked away and packed she remounted, already regretting not insisting on walking the last mile. “We only have enough money for one night, maybe two so we should make tonight as pleasurable as we can. I doubt the White Tower allows for much fun.”

Adela had always been the most serious sibling in her family, but she did have a devious streak and dry sense of humor. She’d also been known to curse worse than a sailor too if the occasion called. For all her beautiful deep blue eyes, tanned skin, and plump lips she’d never taken an interest in men. At least not to the same degree as her brother had with women. She enjoyed their company, and enjoyed gambling and fishing with them, but the idea of tolerating one beyond that was lost on her. There had been some talk at home that perhaps she preferred females, but any evidence of such a thing had yet to be seen. “Light, who knows…I will be so glad to be out of the saddle I may just find myself a girl for one knee and a well set up fellow for the other.” She and her twin had both always laughed off the rumors about her orientation, and they did just that as they crossed the last mile to the gates.

Gaining access across the bridges was neither as hard or as easy as they had expected, it only took a few minutes all told until they were both stopped staring in awe down at the waters below and back up at what lay ahead.

Unsure of where to go after they entered Adela took the lead, weaving them through the crowds until she found an Inn that looked acceptable. She had passed several already, judging them to be too expensive simply by the architecture. She quickly realized that all the buildings in Tar Valon looked sculpted from waves and creatures of the deep. Giving minimal instructions to the groom for her horse she waited impatiently at the entrance. The groom that came for Adamin’s horse had the misfortune of being a pretty young girl. Sick of standing there like a dolt she finally went over and pried the pair apart. “Adamin! How could you flirt so openly with this girl when I am carrying your child!!!!” With a squeak the pretty girl snatched the reins from her brother’s hands and went at a near run towards the stables. Doubling over with laughter Adela ignored the icy look her twin shot her. He should be used to her pranks by now, just as she was used to his constant flirting.

“Come on.” She said, drying tears from her eyes. “Let’s find us both a drink and you another play pretty.”

Adamin's scowl never quite left his face at his sister's comment. She'd pay for that, that much she could be sure of. "Another girl, sis? Fiona was a perfectly suitable one, wide hips... pouty lips..." His eyes glazed over a bit as he remembered her, and came crashing back to reality as his mind came to their abrupt departure. He grumbled the entire time as his sister led the way into the Tavern proper.

Immediately he fell in love with the place. It was well lit for one; a change of place compared to the dingy places that he and his sister had stayed on the road. He hoped it meant that the... problems he encountered out there would be left there. If one more man reached for his sister like that...

Adamin turned himself back to this surroundings, admiring the smoky atmosphere, and the sound of voracious laughing. He grinned squarely at his sister, who complimented it with a groan as they both noticed the small stage. A beautiful girl was singing in a stunning soprano over the sound of the men's laughter. They both knew what that meant; Adamin had to have her.

"Hey Del, you get the drinks, I'll find us a table." The twinkle in his eye confirmed it; it'd be one near center stage if he could manage it. His compact, nimble form weaved easily through the crowd as he set out on his chosen task. He was in luck; the table directly in front of the beauty was open. He promptly took it, gazing up at her with a twinkle in his nearly black eyes, and a grin on his lips.

She smiled back, and Adamin set out to wait, flirting without words until she chose to descend from the stage and join him. Hearing some curses behind him, he knew his sister was on her way through the crowd. A private joke flared through his mind; he seemed to have inherited the femininity of the pair, shown through his light feet and long nimble fingers, while she took after the father. The fact that despite the gender difference, they were almost of height, only served to aide the joke.

When his sister did finally find his table, he turned his disarming grin upon her. "So glad you could join me, Del. Oh, and you brought drinks!" He took it from her hand and tapped her glass, "Thanks, it was brutal getting up here, really made me parched." He chuckled, preparing to dodge a mug...

Arching an eyebrow and showing Ada her teeth she reached out and pinched the skin on the back of his arm. “Be kind brother or this whole city will learn of our baby.” Clapping him on the back with wide grin she turned her attention away from the stage. Just because she had grown accustomed to her brother’s fawning didn’t mean she had to watch him and this…girl make eyes at each other. The common room was near full, and seating was at a premium. A few men smiled at her and started to join them, but one pursed lipped look from her sent them away.

She had been pawed on and mauled in nearly every small village on the road and tonight even the most innocent of men would get the short shrift. Grudgingly she found herself tapping along to the music the girl was producing. As a general rule she took it upon herself to dislike the women Adamin conquered. When they had been younger she’d tried to befriend them, only to lose a friend and end up in a fight when he broke their heart.

Nudging her brother she threw her legs back over the bench and was disgusted to see the musician still winking at her brother. “Gah! I do not know what these women see in you. It’s disgusting the way they fall at your feet.” He didn’t even take his dark blue eyes from his prize; rolling her matching eyes she nudged him harder. “Watch my drink and my seat, and don’t you dare let any of these men set down. I am going to go get us another room for tonight. I have no desire to listen to you coo.”

Adela wove her way carefully as should could through the crowd, but still cursed when her full hips bumped a table or a man. Off all the things she had to get from her mother..

Once she had another room, and had handed over more coin she turned back to see another man at their table. Growling under her breath Del wove her way back through the crowd. She was going to knock her brother silly for this one!!

OOC: An opening for anyone  :)

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: *winces as he steps into the thread* Kura said to jump in, so don't thwap me to hard Eqw if D'Ashan wasn't supposed to be out in the City  :-\ Was hankerin for an RP anyway...yes, i just said "hankerin"  :D

IC: D'Ashan wandered through the streets of Tar Valon. Hall had shown him around a bit the other day, but he was still a little lost. He walked through the streets, oblivious to the people  he bumped against. The buildings swept to the sky like hands raised in prayer. Glistening white walls and spires reached as if to pierce the heavens. He was almost run over once for his carelessness but he could not help it.

Forcing himself to turn his eyes downward, he focused on his surroundings. The streets were still wide this close to the outer walls but cloak-wrapped people filled them as thickly as the smells. Some rode horses, some on foot. Here and there a hawker cried their wares, adding their voices to the symphony of city life.

He had a free day to enter the city and look around. To do anything he wished really. So far it had been a welcome break from the rigorous sunup to sundown training. Oh he enjoyed it to be sure, despite the difficulty. Breathing in the cold air he decided it was time to sit inside somewhere warm and have some mulled wine to chase away the chill. Eyeing some as he walked he passed them by. He did not have much coin and some of the finer inns would charge too much, even here in Tar Valon. Finally settling on one, he stepped inside.

Warmth and noise closed in around him like a fist in the smoky dimness. He grinned to himself as he looked around the common room. Laughter filled the room with echoing mirth as a singer's voice threaded through it all. He could almost make out the tune from across the room.

Making his way through the maze of tables and people, he headed for that soprano voice. Two men parted in front of him and he suddenly saw her. She truly was as stunning as her voice. For a brief moment D'Ashan just stood there until with a start, he realized he was in a serving girl's way. He mumbled his apologies and quickly pressed to one side to let her pass. She pursed her lips disapprovingly, sniffed and hurried past him.

He looked around for an empty table but it seemed that all the tables were full. The smoke hung thick along the rafters from so many pipes. It was acrid and his eyes were beginning to burn slightly. Lately it was hard to come by a good smooth leaf of Tabac. The sudden snap of cold had killed off any lingering plant that the unnatural heat had not killed prior. At least that is what he had heard a merchant say. Glancing at a table that miraculously held only one man he made his way over. Just as he got there he hesitated, glancing at the tables around him. Luckily the man tore his eyes from the singer long enough to notice him and after a quick glance at the tables around, realized his was the only one. Motioning for D'Ashan to take the bench opposite him, he grinned and cut his eyes at the singer.

"Beautiful eh?" He asked as D'Ashan sat down. His voice was pitched to carry over the din of the common room and, D'Ashan suspected, to the singer herself. He nodded to show his agreement and grinned. He would have to crane his neck to get a good look at the woman so he settled for waving down a serving girl. She looked haggard and tired on her feet. It was a busy night. The other man seemed content to promptly ignore D'Ashan and return his focus on the singer. Leaning his elbow on the table he waited for the girl to bring him his mulled wine.

OOC: *giggles and shakes head* I am happy to have you

IC:

Adela threw her legs over the bench and glanced suspiciously at her ale before pulling the cup closer. At one Inn a man had been so set on her pleasures that he’d reduced himself to putting carefully disguised herbs in her drink. They had been supposed to make her sleep, but instead had her up the entire night ill.  When both she and Ada had realized what the man had been about they’d thumped him to the one end of the village and back again.

Her midnight blue eyes were intense as she crossed her arms beneath her chest and stared at the stranger at their table. The din of noise made talk impossible unless she was willing to shout, or lean in close enough to be heard. Unwilling to do either she only stared at him until he bothered to take notice of her. When the fool finally realized she was there Del smiled widely, and leaned in companionably. “I am not sure who you are.” She said still grinning. “But I would like to know why you are sitting at our table. Don’t try to use the excuse that my brother asked you, because when he is fixated on a woman like he is this one I can guarantee that he doesn’t even know you’re alive.”

“Not that you are not pretty you understand, you are just not his type.” Her almost sultry grin was at odds with her serious voice, and she could see the confusion in the man’s eyes. In her book it was always best to keep them guessing, since that almost always kept them at bay.

As Dante walked in he noticed the place was already at capacity. Turning sideways to avoid someone leaving he bumped into what he thought was a pillar, only to see it was the extremely large Bouncer they called "The Black Bart". A name he had earned by using his fists to solve problems so often that his knuckles were black. The large man looked down at Dante only a moment before turning his eyes back towards the stage. Or rather a man sitting in the table in front of the stage. They had to be new around here. That table was left open for a reason. While the woman on the stage was not involved with any man, Bart was madly in love with her and had rearranged more than one pretty face that stared a little too hard at her. "Easy Barto." Dante said to him. The man answered with a growl.

Dante had pulled him off a man before but it resulted in a trip to the yellows with broken ribs. Bart respected him for it though and even more so when he pulled him off a second man. He knew the tavern maids and the owner here but even he avoided the pretty little thing on the stage. Walking in and weaving his way through the crowd at a almost unbearably slow pace he began to make his way towards a corner by the stage. He didnt like all these people with the most interesting mix of smells on some of them and more than a few with unknown fluids on their clothes brushing against his Tower Guard uniform or his crimson cloak but it couldnt be helped. Half way through the crowd he leaped at the feel of a pinch on his bottom and while rubbing the sting out looked back to see three of the tavern maids serving drinks behind him and each with a large smile. He quirked an eyebrow for a moment checking one last time if any of them gave something away before he continued to the corner.

He wouldnt have bothered and would have just let Bart have his fun with the man except... well... one of the trainees was at the table and Bart's fists likely would pummel him for good measure as well. So Dante waited, scanning between the people at the table and the bouncer. When a woman sat at the table Dante really wished the men were gone. She was definitely the type Dante would approach. Cute, big hips, a nice smile and with a hint of... smart ass he thought.

A tavern maid was quick to bring him a mug of wine and a large smile. She had tried to bring him to her bed once but Dante was skilled at deflecting such advances without hurting too many feelings. She later forgave him when he walked her home when she was sick. An act of kindness and she was happy again.

Standing there, he didnt care if the people at the table noticed his eyes passed over them more often than they should. He hoped they would notice the intense gaze of the Bouncer. However the young man had not turned his head once. Dante shook his head. "Its going to be a long night." he said outloud to no one in particular.

OOC Hope you dont mind me dropping in with some story :) I dont mind if no one notices him and the Bouncer of course wont do anything unless you want him to.

Adamin was doing his part admirably well. He managed to give her his full attention without leering, or seeming obsessive. His smile was a slightly crooked, sly seductive grin, with a hint of tooth to show off his shining white teeth. Still, he knew it was his eyes that were winning her over. Midnight blue, almost black. Those eyes, eyes he had only ever seen among his siblings and father, promised so many things. Passion, experience, but most of all desire… A desire to please.

He hardly noticed the other man at the table after he sat down, using him as a vessel to give her an off hand compliment. Only one thing shattered the trance that this woman had put him in. The voice of his sister. Always the charmer, Del. He turned from the singer, those eyes making another promise. I’ll be back in a moment. “Don’t mind her friend, a couple bad experiences on the road and a life with a wonderful brother like me as put her a bit off as to men.” Adamin chuckled, and patted the man on the back.

“Now, Adela,” he used her full name, god forbid the man tried to use the pet names the siblings had developed for each other. She was armed after all… “Just give the guy a chance,” his eyes moved to return to the singer, meeting eyes with a man in a shining red cloak for but a moment. The man unnerved him slightly, and it took a half heart beat to get him back on the ball. “If he tries anything fresh, I’m sure you’ll give him the normal star treatment.” Another chuckle rolled off Ada’s tongue, an almost musical note.

He turned his gaze back up to the singer, a hint of question now in those midnight blue eyes. Adamin didn’t like the way she smoothed her skirts. Ah… damn… From here he had two obvious choices. Those being rather to proceed and potentially having the time of his life for the last time in god knows how long, or to halt his advances and save himself a potential beating…

He searched again for the man who had met his eyes, finding him; he breathed a sigh of relief. His eyes were neither seething with anger, nor giving him an icy death glare. In short, it wasn’t his girl. He decided to reach out, and mouthed a single word. Who? A simple nod to a rather large man at the door caused Adamin’s heart to sink.

He turned his attention back to the singer, who was in the middle of a stirring song. By the light, she was beautiful… “Dearest sister, sorry to interrupt, but you remember that time you caught me with Rilke? At the inn a few years back.” It was a memorable night. She had caught them when ordering a room for herself, the inn keeper having chosen to show the pretty young girl the room himself. A kind older man, not trusting the local ruffians to leave her completely alone, he accompanied her for protection. Rilke was his daughter, and had taken a spare room with Adela’s twin…

Adamin nodded to the bouncer with a sigh. It was going to be a long night.

Del turned to stare at her brother and bared her teeth at him in what some might call a smile. Had Ada been paying any attention he would have known it was the same look she gave him every time there was a beating to be given. Try as he would, she always gained the upper hand.

Sighing she looked at the dolt next to her with a completely blank stare. “Keep your hands to yourself and you can share our table.” She had to fight the urge to mutter under her breath. It truly wasn’t that she disliked men, she had just been hoping for a last night of solitary, sibling only fun…..but since the girl had put paid to that she may as well salvage what she could.

Moderating her attitude, she tried to engage the man in conversation over the noise of the room. “Why are you in Tar Valon?” It was while she was speaking that she noticed a brilliant red cloak in the corner. Had she been the type to simper, Del would have. There was something about the uniform and the competent, confident, way he held himself that peaked her interest. She was about to nudge her brother and watch him gawk at amazement at her sudden interest in the opposite sex, but he spoke up first.  “Dearest sister, sorry to interrupt, but you remember that time you caught me with Rilke? At the inn a few years back.”

“Hmmm…?” Del was caught between staring at the uniformed man and trying to figure out how to speak to the mystery man. It was perhaps the most interest she had paid to men…ever, and her brother had to ruin it.

Rilke…?

The name tugged at her memory and suddenly she blinked and turned her full attention to her twin. “The man in red cloak?” Discretely she turned where her brother pointed and sighed when she saw the brute. “I swear Ada, one of these days your damn eyes are going to get us killed. Has he noticed your mooning?” It was a foolish question, every man within a mile surely noticed. “How do you know?” This time her brother did nod toward the guard, or officer, or whatever he was. “If he warned you, maybe he could help? And I am sure my new friend here would be willing to stand up with us”  This time she gave a warm smile to the still nameless stranger.

“It couldn’t hurt to ask Ada, invite him over.” Her brother gave her a strange look and seemed on the point of commenting on her behavior. With a swift motion she kicked him in the shin. “Do it Adamin, you got us into this, you can help get us out…this time.”

She remembered how he had been of very little use, naked as he was, with Rilke’s father.

D'Ashan was staring after that serving girl wondering where his wine had gone when he noticed with a start that there was a woman sitting next to him. She had the most beautiful eyes and was one of the most beautiful women he had ever seen. She leaned in closely to be heard over the crushing noise. Her grin was just short of suggestive, and definitely friendly.

“I am not sure who you are. But I would like to know why you are sitting at our table. Don’t try to use the excuse that my brother asked you, because when he is fixated on a woman like he is this one I can guarantee that he doesn’t even know you’re alive. Not that you are not pretty you understand, you are just not his type.” She said, her words at odds with her grin.

D'Ashan blinked. Not his type? Suddenly it dawned on he felt his cheeks flood with a crimson mix of embarrassment and flustered heat. He sputtered and stammered trying to get something sensible to come out of his mouth. Or he would have if the man who had invited him to the table had not mercifully jumped in.

“Don’t mind her friend, a couple bad experiences on the road and a life with a wonderful brother like me as put her a bit off as to men.” He chuckled and patted D'Ashan on the back. “Now, Adela, just give the guy a chance, if he tries anything fresh, I’m sure you’ll give him the normal star treatment." The man chuckled again and turned his gaze back to the singer.

D'Ashan turned his wide-eyed, innocent gaze on the woman. He spread his hands wide and shook his head. He knew his face must almost have a look of horror on it but he couldn't help himself. He had always been passionate for sure with women who had shown interest, but he had always been the epitome of polite. He was truly horrified at the suggestion that he might be otherwise. An exchange passed briefly between Adela and her brother. The man had forgotten to introduce himself, he was simply to enthralled with the woman on stage.

“Keep your hands to yourself and you can share our table.” Once again his eyes widened in innocence. "Why are you in Tar Valon?" Before he could answer, her brother spoke. “Dearest sister, sorry to interrupt, but you remember that time you caught me with Rilke? At the inn a few years back.” He nodded towards the door and sighed.

It confused D'Ashan to no end but he spoke up as he spotted the woman finally weaving her way throught the crowd with his mulled wine. "My name's D'Ashan, i'm a trainee of the Warder's yards." He hadn't spoken loudly enough it seemed and no one had heard him in the din of the room. He was about to try again when Adela spoke again.

“The man in red cloak? I swear Ada, one of these days your damn eyes are going to get us killed. Has he noticed your mooning? If he warned you, maybe he could help? And I am sure my new friend here would be willing to stand up with us." She gave D'Ashan another smile, this time seemingly genuine and he nodded, wishing Thera - the Mistress of Trainees he corrected himself, had not taken his scimitars. He shrugged uncomfortably, suddenly aware of the lack of their weight.

"It couldn’t hurt to ask Ada, invite him over. Do it Adamin, you got us into this, you can help get us out…this time.”

Except for the lack of sweat and flowing hair not held back by a bit of twine, she could have come straight from training.  Blouse tucked into breeches and spatha across her back, Addison managed to feel only marginally ridiculous as her heavy new boots made loud thump!ing noises as she plodded through the streets of Tar Valon.  Thus far, she still had not accomplished grace in boots.  Nor was she more than useless with the sword strapped proudly across her back.  Despite her unfamiliarity with the gear, Addi was preposterously proud of her status as a Tower Trainee and the bag of coins, the meagre earnings of her first week of employment, foolishly displayed at her waist – even the safest city in the world, unless you were a Whitecloak or criminal, had pickpockets.

She tried not to show nerves as she entered the tavern, praying to the Light no one realised this was her first time in such a place.  Her father had been adamant that the Rusty Scythe, back in Bradon’s Hill, was no place for any daughter of his.  Jon Thwait had never kept alcohol in his home, only drinking it for especially special occasions.  Thus it had come to be that Addison had never had more than a single cup of watered-down wine in a single sitting.

This probably should have set warning bells off in her head.  Unfortunately, it didn’t.

Ordering ale at the bar, she scanned the crowd for people she might recognise from the Yard and took her first sip.  Bloody hell!  People drank this stuff?  It tasted like... swallowing lamp oil, while it was burning!  Trying not to gag, Addi finally spotted one boy who looked familiar, sitting with a pair that might have been twins.  She did her best to swim through the crowd and managed to arrive at their table in the front after a great deal of tripping, bumping, elbowing, drink spilling, and possibly one or two hands not-so-unintentionally grazing where they should not have been.

However, it seemed her timing was no better than her ability to part a crowd.  The twins, it seemed, were hissing at each other with rather nervous looks towards a man near the door.  So, instead she approached the trainee.  “You’re from the Yard right,  I’m Addison.”  She stuck out one hand in greeting and automatically took a sip from her drink.  Blah!  Damnit, she’d forgotten it was that disgusting stuff they called ale.  “What’s with them?”  The words were barely discernible as she choked.

Dante quirked an eyebrow when he saw Addison walk up to the table. She was his favorite view for all of the week they were trainees together and now she was at the table with the other beauty. As any self respecting male would do. He immediately set about comparing the two in his mind.

While the beauty at the table has already seen him... and smiled... and oh how he approved of her smile. Dante knew that he looked too much like his brother for Addinson to tell them apart without knowing Sandre had a brother here. She had looked at him once and gave him a look of anger only Sandre could bring out of someone.

This night was either going to be really good or really bad... but likely funny in either case.

Edana paused inside the door, taking a moment to get a feel for the place before proceeding further in. She was exhausted, but more than anything, needed to be far away from the Tower for a little while. After she'd bathed, she headed out. The place was getting stuffy and she sighed, wishing Sandre were back from his blasted training.

She settled at the bar, waving to the tender for a drink, her long braid swaying behind her. "If you'll make it tall, I'll pay double," she laughed. That usually got her a wink from the bartender and this one was no different. Only when there was a comfortable grip on a mug of ale did she turn around and really watch the crowd for any length of time. She shook her head, settling back to watch the fireworks...

~Edana

While still trying to convince her brother to man up and ask for help, Del saw the red cloaked mystery man eyeing their table and she decided to take matters into her own hands. Giving the new girl an appraising look she decided that perhaps she was pretty enough to take her brothers mind of the red adder on the stage.

“Adamin, greet our newcomer. I am going to go take care of you…..once again.” Taking a long pull from her mug before leaving it behind Adela slowly began to weave her way through the crowd; Until she was standing face to face with yet another stranger. It was beginning to seem that Tar Valon would bring many new experiences and faces.

“Tell me…” Suddenly she was struck by not knowing what to call the red cloaked man. Fumbling for a complement she settled on Captain. No man could be mad at the flattery, if put in the right way. “Captain, why did you warn my brother of the man? There was no need for you to interject.” In her own mind the words were casual and flirtatious, but her midnight blue eyes made her stare penetrating and her voice intense. She often did not realize how powerful her gaze could be.

With his usual friendly grin he watched as the woman came closer.

“Captain, why did you warn my brother of the man? There was no need for you to interject.”

He wasnt sure why she was so concerned he did warn the guy. So casually he looked her in the eyes with his smile never leaving his face. "Nice to meet you too. My name is Dante Kaldun." he said as he held out his hand. It often surprised him how just being nice to someone could throw them off. He was very aware that shaking hands would not be easy because of how close they had to stand to both hear each other and not be bumped by the amount of people nearby.

"I warned your brother because Bart is not an easy man to pull off of someone who stares too hard at the little lady on the stage even though they are not together. Hes disfigured more than one face over her and he hits hard." He said the last as he unconsciously touched his ribs. "Ive pulled him off of two others and dont care for another broken rib but likely he would have hit anyone else who interfered which would likely include you and the other man who is a Tower Guard trainee."

He gave a mischievous grin to her. "Have more than one reason to make sure no one gets hurt at your table obviously." He looked her in the eyes. Midnight blue meeting pure light green. (But just one good reason to stay.) he thought

The thought of asking another man for help with a woman, or at the very least an issue over a woman, rankled the deep sense of pride that the male twin held onto... He hadn't even used a wingman in...No, don't think about him. "But sister..." He was stunned to see that she cut his normal charade of begging short, opting to speak to the man herself. Adamin blinked. Twice. Oh my...is my sister...? He chuckled to himself. "Well, well D'Ashan, looks like my sister finally found someone to..."

At that moment he noticed Addison, and thought that the shock of seeing his sister chasing a man must be affecting him more than he originally theorized. He was about to introduce himself, but found her already deadlocked in conversation with Adamin's new friend. Now, say what you want about the man, but Ada would never steal another man's girl; as long as he was aware of the relationship ahead of time.

Still, his choices for enjoying the last night outside the yards were getting fewer and fewer. His sister was chatting up some new toy, this other man was in conversation with a pretty girl, and the previous object of his affections would get him beat with a ham-sized fist. Adamin sighed with his typical stage flair, seeming to shrink three sizes with the movement.

He looked up to the stage, seeing her looking down at him with a puzzled expression. By the Light, she is pretty... His smile was suddenly back on his face. He knew how badly Del wanted this to be a night for them, a twin's last stand, if you will. A last night where one could get the other in trouble, and they could run away laughing, her slapping him on the back of the head, before giving her slightly younger brother a hug as soon as they were out of the immediate danger.

So he turned the charm back on, again using those beautiful midnight blue eyes to their full effect, motioning for her to join them. "D'Ashan, just do me one favor, when the bull at the door leaves for this table, give me a bit of a warning." He ribbed the man playfully, tossing him a friendly smile. When he turned back to the stage, he was exuberant to see her apologizing, saying she'd be back again another night, and climbed down. Adamin's smile grew wider, again showing her a hint of perfect teeth, flattering her as she approached.

To Ada's complete surprise, she got the first word in. "You’re three kinds of fool," her voice was light, her tone playful. Still, the twin knew she was right. "You know all about Black Bart, and you’re still chasing me?" Ada's answering chuckle had a musical note, "Well, I'm going to study at the Warder's Yards, didn't think now would be a good time to start being intimidated." She laughed; he laughed, it continued for a bit like that.

She broke the usual, flirty conversation first. "The Yards, though. It's a shame." Ada motioned for her to continue. "Yeah, they'll ruin that pretty face of yours... Suppose that means I'll have to enjoy it while it’s here?" The man knew his cue, and let off another chime of laughter, "Suppose so," and leaned in for the kiss.

It was at this moment that he felt himself being lifted into the air by his coat collar. "Oy there pretty boy." A baritone, big hands, strong as an Ox in mating season. Didn't take a sharp wit to know it was Black Bart. "What do ya' ken your doin' with ma' girl?" The singer, what was her name again... Ah! Right, Cassie, such a plain name for such beauty... Back to the present Ada! Yes, Cassie spoke up for him. "I'm not your 'girl' Bart! Now set Adamin down!"

"Oh, I will..." Again, Ada knew his cue; his nimble hands drew the dagger at his side, and put it to its ghastly work. No, he didn't stab Bart, though someone undoubtedly should, he used it to cut open his coat and shirt, and promptly slipped out of the ruined garments, the dagger discarded for the maneuver. Ada came out of a roll, and stood with a flourish, having picked up the dagger half way through, and sheathed the blade. It was... a well practiced move.

His temptation to take a bow was over ridden for the concern of his own immediate safety, as the big burly bouncer charged at him, much, to Adamin's amusement, like the bull he had been compared to in the younger man's mind. The agile twin dove to the side, enjoying the tendency of people to form a circle around combatants for its increased room to move. "Now now, come on... Bart, was it? I'm new to town, didn't know you had any claim to Cassie..." A blatant lie, but he hoped Bart didn't know that. "Her name is Cassandra!" He roared, advancing and throwing one of those previously mentioned Ham-haymakers.

Ada jumped back, having barely missed being laid out. Damn her... gave me a pet name to start. This was never good when dealing with a particularly slow jealous bull; it implied a closeness that simply didn't serve the flirtatious newcomer. To put it simply, there was no chance of Ada talking himself out of this one, and after another roll, he tossed his twin a wink. It was an old gesture for the two. She'd know now why he got into this mess, and likely slap him twice for it.

The short wink however, took a moment to long, and Adamin took a fist to the gut for his efforts, a fist that sent him flying back a couple feet. Winded, he still tried to scramble away, as the bigger man approached him, a malicious smile on his lips. This is going to hurt...

What was “with” the twins quickly became apparent.  Her fellow trainee hadn’t even gotten his name out before the brother stole the room’s attention.  Addison watched, alternating between sipping and choking on her ale, as the big man barrelled through the crowd and attacked the boy.  Apparently the big man was confused as to whom the singer “belonged” to – idiots, thinking a girl belonged to anybody.  The singer seemed rather upset that her “knight in shining armour” was about to toss the poor boy out a window.

Addi was so engrossed in the fight that she managed to forget how bad the ale tasted.  A flash of metal caught her breath in her throat; the sensible reaction would have been to draw her sword but she still wasn’t quite used to it yet.  However, it seemed as though this wasn’t the flirtatious stranger in a similar situation.  Before she realised what he was doing, the boy was standing bare-chested while Sir Can’t-Talk-Properly held his clothes.  This did nothing to help Sir Can’t-Talk-Properly’s temper.  The object of his wrath doubled over from the force of an undercut to his gut.

Finally her supposed “warrior instincts” kicked in.  While it would amuse her greatly if the womaniser got what was coming to him, Addi doubted the Yard would look favourably on a trainee that did nothing while a man was beat half to death in front of her.  Thankfully, Cairma had spent all day teaching her to draw and sheath her sword without accidently cutting herself.  Her arms still ached from the effort of yanking three pounds of steel out of the sheath on her back and as of yet, she still couldn’t hold the thing with only one hand – not steadily, anyway.

She drew her spatha using a technique Cairma had called Unfolding the Fan, Addison stepped between the angry man and wheezing boy.  Lacking any knowledge of what to do, she planted her feet and pointed the sword, two-handed, at the man’s chest.  To any of the trained soldiers in the tavern, the girl must have looked ridiculous.

Dante had barely took two steps when Addison stepped between Bart and the male twin. He stopped and a large smile came over his face as he folded his arms and leaned against a building post. The second twin was right behind him and looked at him like she was wondering why he wasnt helping when Dante decided to explain.

"Shes drunk and drew steel against someone the tavern owner wants here bad enough to tolerate these jealousy fights. She has her arm fully extended meaning she cant thrust if she really did need to kill him. She put herself in the situation where its a matter of if a drunk trainee can pull back her arm and thrust several pounds of steel faster than Bart can deflect the blade away with his bracer and punch her in the head. The object of his affection is already behind him and your brother in front of him so Bart already has what he wants. However he cant very well give the impression that its ok to draw steel on him either. She will be lucky if he just twists her arm behind her back, throws her over his lap and spanks her before he throws her in the trough out back... then again... she still will have to deal with Thera."

The amusement never ceases. He had not noticed that the entire tavern was quiet and had heard what he said. Including Bart who was smiling and Addison. Bart hardly seemed to care about the man that had been looking at the object of his affection. Though thats not to say he wouldnt once he was done with Addison. He just looked at the other trainee and the twins and hoped they didnt do something stupid.

Edana turned at the sound of the mess behind her and felt her smile stretching across her lips. Nothing would take the edge off her irritation more than a good bar fight. Especially when a handsome face with a smile that's far too easy seems to be getting trounced by a really big guy with a chip on his shoulder. She sighed, shaking her head as Addi stepped into the fight. When a familiar head slipped in the way, she wrinkled her brow.

Wait... Sandre was supposed to be in the Borderlands! She set her mug down, but didn't rise. He hadn't seen her. He seemed really comfortable, though. He didn't appear travel worn... Edana gritted her teeth. Her fingers curled tightly around the glass and she muttered, pushing herself up out of her chair. Why was he hiding from her? She pushed her way closer, her eyes pinned on him. It was only when she heard his voice that she paused.

She was too close to hide her intent, however she was much taller than the women dear old Bart was probably used to. She took a moment to look at the man she'd thought was Sandre. She smiled. He wasn't, that was pretty obvious. They had to be related, though. That would have to wait for later.

She grinned, tapping Bart on the shoulder. "Why don't you pick on a woman you're own size?"

~Edana

D'Ashan watched as a pretty girl came over and sat at the table.

“You’re from the Yard right,  I’m Addison.” She stuck out her hand while almost choking on her ale. D'Ashan grinned broadly before leaning in to answer over the noise.

"Yup, just a few days there so far. how 'bout you?" Before she could answer, Adamin said something about a bull and chuckled. D'Ashan missed it in all the noise and was about to ask him what he had said when he noticed the singer making her apologies. D'Ashan grinned into his wine as the singer came to the table to join them. Adamin leaned in for a kiss when suddenly a large man grabbed him by the collar and hoisted him in the air.

"Oy there pretty boy.What do ya' ken your doin' with ma' girl?" The man rumbled. D'Ashan glanced apology at Addison and swung his legs over the bench, getting to his feet.

"I'm not your 'girl' Bart! Now set Adamin down!" The singer retorted. It sounded a familiar scenario and D'Ashan felt bad for Adamin. The place had started to quiet slightly but not everyone had noticed the commotion in all the...commotion. Just then a flash of steel and Adamin made an impressive move ending up bare to the waist and looking as if he should bow like one of those painted fools always tumbling about.

"Now now, come on... Bart, was it? I'm new to town, didn't know you had any claim to Cassie..."

"Her name is Cassandra!" The big man roared. He swung a fist close to the size of D'Ashan's head at Adamin which the man narrowly avoided. He tossed a wink to his twin and got a fist in the gut. The aforementioned fist sent him flying and D'Ashan's pretty friend from the yards stepped in between the two. D'Ashan cursed himself mentally for not coming into the city armed, but hadn't thought it had mattered. His respect grew slightly for the woman and he briefly wondered if he might see her again. D'Ashan would not have pulled such a daring move but he was definitely not want Adamin hurt, he liked the man. With the draw of steel the remainder of the patrons were alerted and fell silent, just as a tower gaurd's voice rang out into the silence.

"Shes drunk and drew steel against someone the tavern owner wants here bad enough to tolerate these jealousy fights. She has her arm fully extended meaning she cant thrust if she really did need to kill him. She put herself in the situation where its a matter of if a drunk trainee can pull back her arm and thrust several pounds of steel faster than Bart can deflect the blade away with his bracer and punch her in the head. The object of his affection is already behind him and your brother in front of him so Bart already has what he wants. However he cant very well give the impression that its ok to draw steel on him either. She will be lucky if he just twists her arm behind her back, throws her over his lap and spanks her before he throws her in the trough out back... then again... she still will have to deal with Thera." He said with amusement. Suddenly the man seemed to notice everyone had heard him. He actually looked as if he wanted to laugh.

This was getting interesting...

Del shook her head slightly before taking the man’s hand. How could she have been such a fool!! He wasn’t that pretty. It had to be the uniform.

Her unshakable calm and confident demeanor when the man smiled a slow, knowing smile at her. His words suggested more than they said and for the first time Adela found her face coloring from the words of a man. It seemed as if Tar Valon would change her more than she’d expected. Perhaps she would find another miracle and it would change Ada too.

Smiling up at the Guard and using her most winning look, something she had practiced in a mirror when she was alone. A look that she had copied from her brother. “I am Adela..I would be honored if you would jo……” Deal turned around just in time to see her brother slip from the large man’s hands and hit the ground with a thud. It was a trick her had used on many occasion to get away quickly. Suppressing a sigh and giving her brother a long suffering look Del pushed her way through the already forming crowd to watch her brother try and dodge his newest mess.

She only listened with half an ear to the pretty man in his uniform. Most of her attention was locked on her brother, trying to find a way to help and wondering why the guard wasn’t.

Sizing up the tough she decided that he large man looked rather like a bull, but much slower than a real bull ever would have been. Dodging should be no problem…..

It was if her thoughts brought retribution and Ada took a fist in the ribs. Grabbing at her knife Del rushed to defend her brother, or give him time to get away, but the pretty little trainee got there first. Seeing the brute distracted Del knelt by Ada and added her own punch to his ribs.

“You fool!! You light blinded idiot of a fool! I should keep you pinned here and let Ol’ Bart take his whacks at you once he gets past your pretty little body guards.” Rolling her eyes she pulled her brother to his feet. “ Light man! How did you get women you barely know to fight for you. You’re not that pretty!! Glancing back she saw the Tower Guard looking down at them and wondered what he would make of it if they decided to slip out the back? She couldn’t say why, but she suddenly cared what the near stranger thought.

“What do you say we get you out of this mess, and into another shirt before the rest of the women in Tar Valon decide to fall at your feet.” Her brother’s eyes went wide and hergave her his most innocent look.

“Oh Light!” Del groaned quietly as she followed her brother through the crowd and towards the woman who had started this mess.  Cassie With all the stealth of someone used to stealing small trinkets and toys they slipped past the slow witted bull and back around to the singer. Grabbing one hand while her brother took the other they pulled the beautiful woman through the crowd and out towards the stables. Her brother couldn’t keep the girl of course, but he may as well get another kiss for his trouble.

“You had better get out of here” Del heard Cassandra urge as she came out of the stable with her brother’s horse and her own. Apparently Ada’s kisses had left the girl nearly breathless, because the words came quickly, and between deep breaths. That…and her brother looked like the cat that had stolen the cannery.

The decision to stay or go was taken from them when the back door to the Inn burst open and the bull and the female bodyguards, with the trainee and the guard all burst out. Along with about every other patron of the Inn, including the old Innkeeper. It seemed as if it was going to be a loooong night.

Strangely, Del was suddenly happy about the ciaos. This was so like all their other nights together. She was getting to have her twin fun. 

Seeing Cassie go out the back door Bart didnt seem to bother with the two women threatening him. He walked through Addison and out the back door. They all managed to stop him and stood as a group between him and the young man who had started all this. "Bart its over. Hes leaving the bar we all are." Even Cassie was standing beside him with her arms folded and a sour look on her face which reminded him of an onion for some reason. Addison still had her sword out and Dante grabbed her by the shoulder and guided her behind him, she resisted about as much as he expected. He flipped the man a gold mark which Bart caught. "Your drinks are on me tonight Barto. You didnt win Cassie this night but at least you can indulge your second love." he said with a casual smile. Some the other patrons began to try and half convince and half push Bart back in and Bart craned his neck to get every last look at Cassie he could, and one last sharp look at the man who tried to take her away.

He turned back towards the cute little thing that had approached him earlier. "Im sorry we were interrupted. Im Dante Kaldun of the Tower Guard. The trainees chose to get involved so I was rather tied to let them learn their lesson about starting fights they cant finish. My apologies.. I wouldnt have let anyone get hurt... badly." He said with a smile.

An irritatingly familiar voice rang out above what little din was left in the room; everyone had gone silent to watch the gratis entertainment – everyone except the idiot that never seemed to know when to shut his mouth.  Addi’s face was an unfortunate shade of red, a combination of humiliation and fury, while the whole tavern watched.  She felt minimally better when Edana stepped out to join her in the centre of attention, yet it seemed the woman had no more confidence in Addi’s skills than Sandre.  Truthfully, why should she?  Addison could barely hold the spatha straight without her arm trembling from its weight but did everyone really need to announce her incompetence for every present person to hear? 

Blood and ashes, she was going to need another drink.

The big man, apparently named Bart no Sir-Can’t-Talk-Properly, shoved her out of the way with no regard to the “threatening” sword.  As if she hadn’t already embarrassed herself enough, the force of his push was enough to knock the blade out of Addi’s pathetic grip.  Snatching it up, she fought her way against the crowd of people streaming out of the building after Bart, Cassie, and the Flirt.  Finally reaching the bar, the bartender poured a bottle of something into a tiny glass and slid it across to her.  The farm girl considered just asking for ale instead but the man’s smile egged her on.

She shrugged, muttered “Bottoms up!” and tried to drink the liquid... promptly choking and spewing it everywhere.  The bartender laughed, still dry – for the sake of Ms. Thwait’s pride, hopefully this was fairly normal occurrence.

“You don’t drink much do you?”

“Do you need to ask?” hissed in between coughs.

“No need to bite my head off.”  The man poured two more shots and threw one back.  “Trick is not to taste it, swallow it before it hits your tongue.”

Addi stared at the glass, disgusted.  She could hardly become the first Warder unable to drink hard liqueur, though, and so tried to do as instructed.

It took another four shots to get the technique down.  When the fifth hit her stomach, it took everything back up and out with it.  The bartender shrugged and laughed.  “I think that’s enough for you, tonight.”

“Oh c’mon, one mooore!”

“Save it for tomorrow night, champ.”

“Fiiiine, ‘ll go s’mplace else.”

The man snorted as Addi had to hold on to the bar to keep from falling.  She stumbled her way outside, her eyes immediately focusing on Sandre – to the best of their drunken ability.  Ignoring the female twin with him, a finger pointed accusingly at his chest.  “You’re a jerk!”

Adamin had to resist the temptation to laugh as everything unfolded. He was being defended by two women, two rather attractive women at that, from a burly bull of a man. It was deliciously ironic, truth be told however, it did rankle his pride a fair degree. . Still, he decided to take his sister’s path though, and used his natural talent of stealth, trained through years of being a black market supplier.

When his sister picked up Cassie, an odd mix of emotions filled up. Glee, of course was present, after all she was a stunning soprano, however a bit of some strange emotion crept in. It wasn’t jealousy exactly, just a sense that she shouldn’t be there. This was the twin’s great escape, their last moment of glory before a life of swordplay and hardship, maybe even being separated if some whimsical Aes Sedai decided to he liked Adamin’s well turned calves…

Of course this didn’t mean he wouldn’t capitalize upon the situation.

He stole a few moments between saddling the horses to steal that kiss he had wanted, literally sweeping her up off her feet, and throwing her against a support beam. He felt that sense of pride stir in him when he set her down, leaving her breathless. He tossed her another flirty wink, and each escorted a horse out to meet back up with his sister.

He watched the scene behind him with a hint of disinterest, faked of course considering his life could be on the line if Bart decided to charge like the bull Ada had compared him to. He mounted like he did most things in the presence of women; a bit flashy, without being overly dramatic about it, and making sure to show off his well muscled frame. Something made considerably easier with the lack of a shirt.

He rode off with his sister, pulling a shirt from his saddle bags somewhere along the way. He laced it reluctantly, grinning over at his sister. Not the flirtatious smile he had demonstrated for the singer, no, a genuine smile that he reserved nowadays almost exclusively for his sister. “Quite an interesting night, wouldn’t you say Del?” His sing-song voice turned up at the end, giving it the same fox-esque qualities that his sincere grin was taking on.

He took the rebuttal he knew he’d receive with a laugh, and steered his horse closer to his sisters, using exclusively his knees. He lashed out, grabbing his twin around the hips and pulled her onto his horse side saddle on his knee, every now and then having to reassert that was in fact the male of the pair.

He cut off her protests, “What do you think is ahead of us, Del?” She’d have to grow serious; how could not, when her brother’s similar moods were so rare. They chatted about it for a while, Ada holding his sister’s horse’s reins with one hand, the other looped around her waist. He snuggled up to her and sighed, “I love you Del…” He waited for her response before adding, “But where are we going to sleep?”

Dogs howled, cats yowled, and birds fluttered as she screamed his name into the night…

Del watched with a kind of wry impatience as her brother finished his ‘cuddling’ with the girl. After all she couldn’t stay too much, it had been her idea to drag the girl along. Much as she cursed and ridiculed Ada’s sport she did always seem to play a role in bringing the lovers together. She had always considered herself the responsible one, but compared to Adamin that was not hard to do. Could it be that she was really as big a trouble maker and lay about as he?

She was so caught up in herself doubt she hardly noticed that the Tower Guard was standing next to her. Making a complete fool of herself she leaped back and stumbled into her horses flank. "Im sorry we were interrupted. Im Dante Kaldun of the Tower Guard. The trainees chose to get involved so I was rather tied to let them learn their lesson about starting fights they can’t finish. My apologies.. I wouldn’t have let anyone get hurt... badly." Blushing a deep red Del introduced herself and tried, unsuccessfully, to keep from fidgeting with her reins.  She tried to emulate all the times she’d seen her brother casually flirt. “There is no need to apologize. You tried to warn my brother, which is more than he deserves. Perhaps if I let him get thumped once or twice he wouldn’t be so free with his smiles…or kisses.” Having said the word ‘kiss’ Del couldn’t help but notice the small smile on the guards face, and she speculated that his lips were very soft.  Not that he would have any interest in kissing her… “It was a pleasure meeting you Dante, but I think Adamin and I should get going. I do not think the bul..I mean Bart will like us sticking around. I very much hope that I will see you again.”

Del turned and mounted her horse with as much grace as Ada and little of the flash. Keeping half an eye on the still smiling guard she steered her horse over to her brother and started to herd him along. She had no notion of where they were going now, but she had to get away from his knowing eyes.

When her brother tried to call their night interesting, Del took the high road and instead of filleting him as she usually did she simply leaned from her saddle far enough to slap him in the back of his head. “Interesting may not be the word I would have used for it, but…I suppose there are worse ways of describing it.” The man in the red cloak had certainly been a perk she had not been expecting.

Staring down the street, taking in all the fantastical buildings built like waves and creatures of the sea, she was so distracted her brother managed to steal her from her seat before she could react. Opening her mouth to give him the tongue lashing he deserved, she cut short at his serious expression. Serious was not an emotion her twin adopted often, and she took advantage when he did. Shifting to get more comfortable on his knee Del chewed her lip at bit before answering. It was a habit that made her instantly irresistible to men, by drawing attention to her full lips, that she had no idea she did. “I have no idea Ada, anything could be waiting for us in the Tower.” She refrained from saying that she hoped the man in the red cloak would be waiting. She was regretting not getting to speak with him more. “Then again since when have we cared what was waiting ahead?”

“I love you to Ada” Smiling genuinely at her twin Del turned to give him a big hug. Truly this evening had been like so many others they had spent together.

D'Ashan was half ushered out into the yard out back in all the commotion, at least Bart had taken it outside. Looking at the others he figured they were getting ready to leave. One glance at Bart, and admittedly the Tower Guard, D'Ashan figured it probably would not do to be found standing around her and ducked back into the crowd.

He pressed, prodded, and apologized his way back through the crowd. Feeling a little like a salmon he emerged out into the common room. Wondering how to salvage the night he caught sight of the pretty Tower Trainee from earlier.

“Oh c’mon, one mooore!” she slurred.

“Save it for tomorrow night, champ.” The barkeep responded, chuckling with amusement.

“Fiiiine, ‘ll go s’mplace else.” Addi looked like she was about to fall over, in fact she almost did. Bumping a poor patron on her way to the back door. D'Ashan sighed and followed her, he hoped Bart wouldn't take the sword draw personally. Once outside Addi stumbled over to where the Tower Guard stood and pointed at him and squinting slightly.

“You’re a jerk!”

D'Ashan had to stifle a chuckle. It would not do to chuckle at a Tower Gaurd in full uniform. He leaned against the wall and tried to remain out of sight to watch how this would play out. If she stumbled off alone he would follow and offer to walk her back to the barracks. His honor would not allow anything else and truth be told, he did think she was pretty.