DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

In need of a Thief-Catcher(attn Visar)

Eqwina

Kabria realized that her fingers had a death grip on her silk skirts, and were digging rents into her legs. Releasing them as best she could she waited the agonizing moments it took Jural to spill his news.

He’d found her…….

Perivar’s hand reached out to her shoulder to steady her swaying. It was only then that Kabria realized that Jural’s hands were outstretched as if he meant to catch her when she fell. Her head felt stuffed with wool and she was shaking almost uncontrollably, but her voice was steady when she asked how soon they could leave.

“We will accompany you to the manor. I will of course pay you whatever you feel necessary to leave Tear. I will provide your travel expenses too, whatever you require, but I want to leave tomorrow.” Jural leaned back in his chair, but Perivar did not move his steadying grip. For which Kabria was glad, she was not sure she could have sat up on her own.

(ooc: sry this is short)

Jural noted with surprise that Kabria was strongly affected by the news, swaying.  He made as if to catch her if she fell, but Perivar got to her first and steadied her.  After she collected herself, she replied with her decision.

“We will accompany you to the manor. I will of course pay you whatever you feel necessary to leave Tear. I will provide your travel expenses too, whatever you require, but I want to leave tomorrow.”

Jural leaned back in his chair, pleased that the lady was willing to provide for travel expenses.

"Very well, my lady.  By your leave then I'll prepare for the night and meet you out front here first thing tomorrow?"

Jural rose and waited for her permission to leave.

Concerned over Kabria's reaction to the news he dismissed the thief-catcher with assurances that they would meet him at first light.  As the door clicked shut he turned to Kabria.  "I do not like seeing you like this.  Are you sure you are up to it?" 

Perivar had seen Kabria over do it when it came to channeling or fighting the Shadow but he had never seen her react to news this way.  Clearly this was weighing on her more than he suspected.  "There is no harm in resting for a few days if that is what you need.  You do not have to be part of the search.  Let the thief-catcher do the work, you are paying him well enough.  I can send word to him to travel without us.  He can send word if he finds her, then we can meet up with him."

Kabria archd her eyebrow at Perivar and shook her head slightly. "If I wait I may decide not to go. There is a part of me that knows that I must do this, and yet still I find myself wanting to turn and run away as fast as I can." It shamed her to admit such a weakness. The Green Ajah required its members to be tough, and have a steel core, and yet here she was falling apart because of her mommy.

"We leave tomorrow." Her tone said that there would be no more discussion.

(the next day)

Jural covered his mouth as he yawned, still a little sleepy. He led the horse he had purchased through the streets to the inn, holding his bamboo staff in his other hand to keep him steady in case he slipped on some mud.  He preferred to walk in Tear most of the time, the muddy streets could be perilous to riders sometimes.  But since he was leaving with the lady and her bodyguard, he would need to start with the horse.

Jural had a few days' supplies he managed to scrounge for himself, and the maps to find the place, packed in water resistant oilbags.  Usually this time of year it rained in the afternoons, but the weather decided to rain during the morning too.

Finally, he arrived at the inn, where the lady and Perivar were already waiting, saddled up.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." Jural said, lifting his conical straw hat slightly to show them it was him.  He mounted up carefully, stripped the wooden clogs from his feet and storing them away, and nodded to them, letting them know he was ready to travel.