DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TV] Legend of the Seeker

Verbal32

Ok, I'm going to admit that I now watch this.  I was flipping channels, saw a repeat of this, and checked it out.  I have NOT read the series.  Apparently, this show is only loosely tied anyway, but they apparently follow the main storyline.

The acting is ok, but the action is very good.  Lots of fight scenes, and some good moves thrown in.  And the magic is pretty good as well.  The only issue I have is that the fight scenes tend to be a little repetitive, with Richard using many of the same swings and swipes in every fight he's in.  Which is a lot - the dude can't stay out of trouble.

I've started watching the episodes online last night in order to catch up.  To be honest, it's not that bad.  Actually, I sort of like it.  And Bridget Regan, who plays Kahlan, is smoking hot.  My favorite "You're so cute I'd like to frame you and put you up on my mantle" actress had been Deana Russo from the new Knight Rider show, but since that's being cancelled, I needed another actress.

I have chosen Bridget Regan.  You all can't have her.  She's mine.

I've read most of the series (unfortunately), and I watch it too.

I know, I know.

You can definitely tell that its a Sam Raimi production.  Not only is the feel the same, but the guest stars stepped straight out of Hercules!  Its perfect fluff for putting your mind in neutral and indulging your lower brain functions.  Don't look for plot holes; its too easy.  Don't look for the differences between the series and the show; its too easy.  Just lean back, relax, and let Hulu turn your mind to mush.  Mmmmmmmmmm.

*points to above post*

My name is Verbal and I endorse this message, as long as you all leave Brid alone.  Yes, we are now on a first name / nickname basis.  She calls me Kiki, and I call her Brid.  It works.  Leave it alone.

It has been a roller coaster for me.  I have read the series.  I be watching and like, "good, good, not part of the story but still good, oh god no that is WRONG, okay that was okay."

I understand that because of TV v Books that they can't make it exact, but they should have tried to follow the history and mythology of SoT better.

Has some real good episodes.

Well, Sirayn, a lot of the fighting is Bridget Regan in flowing white somehow routinely downing chain-mail clad swordsmen with a pair of about four-inch paring knives.  So, I can see how he might enjoy it, without really thinking its technically realistic.  Actually, without thinking at all!  ;)

Sounds about right for a hack who rips off other hacks.

(Yeah, I actually hate Goodkind more than Jordan. I know, it's surprising, isn't it?)

If you like saying SoT was a cheap rip off of WoT then lets talk about WoT being a cheap rip off of Dune, hmm?  There are more similarities between the latter pair then the former.

I'm going to pretend that Verbal's comment about enjoying the fight scenes in Legend of the Seeker was an April Fool's joke.  :'(

No, it wasn't.  But I wasn't being specific enough.  But Robert sums it up perfectly:

Well, Sirayn, a lot of the fighting is Bridget Regan in flowing white somehow routinely downing chain-mail clad swordsmen with a pair of about four-inch paring knives.  So, I can see how he might enjoy it, without really thinking its technically realistic.  Actually, without thinking at all!   ;)

Bolded for emphasis.  Did I mention I love Bridget Regan?

Archived