DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Looking lost... (open RP)

Belig Zu'Katsu was lost.... He had been wandering around Tar Valon for the last couple of days, letting the winding streets take him. However since he decided to become a trainee he had one major issue... All the streets looked the same to him.

"How the blood and ashes does anyone make their way around this place! Ugh!" Belig muttered to himself. Then a thought occurred to Belig. "Where am I even supposed to go to become a trainee???" Sighing Belig walked into a tavern that he was passing and took a seat and ordered a drink from the bartender.

"Where to go now..." Belig thought to himself, "where to go now?"

Visar made his way methodically around people in the streets.  By now, he wore his maile and sword much more comfortably than when he had first started training with them, and the reaction from people around him was noticeable.  The first glimpse of armor or sword would make most people tend to step out of his way.

Thankfully, since the first time he had once gotten lost in the city, Visar had learned his way around most of the main avenues of the city, and could deliver messages or parcels to almost all businesses associated with the Tower.

He had just delivered an unwanted message to the armorer, feeling it was appropriate for him to wear arms and armor to get the message across that the last dozen blunt steel practice blades delivered were unsatisfactory according to Tower standards.  Visar was only beginning to drill slowly with blunt steel, and he didn't handle the ones in question, but apparently the steel in some flexed far too much.  No matter, he had gone and delivered his message, and he had the armorer's promise in writing that they would deliver another batch free of charge.

On his way back to the Tower, Visar caught quite a thirst.  He had not been given too strict a time to return, so he decided he would order a drink at a nearby tavern.

Walking in, he adjusted his sword, shifted his maile a bit, and took a seat by a large man, a northerner by the look of him.  Visar noticed that the man seemed distraught about something, but paid no heed to it initially.

"I'll have a biscuit if you have some and a pint of ale, nothing too strong.  Thank you" he said to the bartender, knowing that he did not have a very high tolerance for alcohol.  It would not do to stagger back to the Tower drunk.  He had heard terrible stories of trainees being punished for that sort of thing.

The man told him they didn't have biscuits, but would a couple of plums do for a snack?  Visar nodded, not caring what it was as long as it was food, and eventually a plate with a few shriveled plums and a good pint of ale was brought to him.

Visar sipped, and glanced over to the tall man sitting next to him, who had not touched his drink yet.

"Are you alright, goodman?" Visar asked politely.  "You don't look like you're from around here."

Visar smiled inwardly at the irony.  Neither do I, really.  My stature, skin, and accent all scream Tairen.

Belig noticed the man who had just walked into the tavern. He took even greater notice in the fact the man was wearing chain mail and a sword.  He looks like he's ready for a fight. Gotta admit though, doesn't look too menacing. But then again I've seen bandits that look scary... Belig took a swig from his mug and returned to ponder over his wanderings of the day. "Lets see here, I took two left's, a right, then another left... Bah! that's not it!" Belig muttered.

"You all right Goodman?" the man in chain mail asked, "You dont look like you're from around here." Belig nearly jumped out of his skin. He hadn't noticed the fact the man sat down next to him. Bloody ashes I think I let all these directions go to my head! Jumping out of my skin cause a guy sat next to me! Light! "No I'm not from around here, hehe. I'm from Shinear actually and this is my first time to the white city. I've seem to become a bit lost."

"No I'm not from around here, hehe. I'm from Shienar actually and this is my first time to the white city. I've seem to become a bit lost."

Visar frowned, taking this information in.  A Shienaran, which was not too unusual in Tar Valon, but still, he knew that some of the best warders and tower guardsmen were originally Shienaran soldiers.  And yet the man had become lost? He had thought Shienarans had a reputation for being able to find anything and anyone.  But perhaps not everyone fit the stereotypes, and although this man certainly looked strong, Visar wasn't certain whether the man was a soldier.

"I know the city better than some, though I've gotten lost here before." Visar began.  "Surely I can help you find wherever you're going, or I can direct you to a Tower Guard that does know.  Where do you need to go?"

"I know the city better than some, though I've gotten lost here before." the man in the chain mail said,  "Surely I can help you find wherever you're going, or I can direct you to a Tower Guard that does know.  Where do you need to go?"

Belig was taken a bit aback by this generous gesture, he wasn't used to having some be so polite. "well the thing is, i dont know too much myself. I'm trying to find wherever I have to go to become a warder trainee at the tower. Although I haven't a clue where to start looking! You wouldn't happen to know where i need to go would you?"

"well the thing is, i dont know too much myself. I'm trying to find wherever I have to go to become a warder trainee at the tower. Although I haven't a clue where to start looking! You wouldn't happen to know where i need to go would you?"

Visar was in the middle of a swallow when he heard this.  He abruptly spewed out part of his ale, and then clenched his jaw, trying not to laugh.  The man was trying to get to the White Tower, and was lost?!  Every person in the city could find the White Tower!  Even without asking someone for help, one had to be blind not to see it dominate the skyline.  Most major roads went to the Tower, too.  But tempting though it was, Visar tried to maintain a straight face and answered the question as politely as he could manage.

"A warder trainee?  Well I happen to be one; you're in luck.  Furthermore, I happen to be heading back to the White Tower after I finish this.  You can follow me there if you want, it's not hard to get there from here.  I'll take you right to the Mistress of Trainee's office."

Visar bit into a plum and chewed.  They were a little over ripe, but it was still tasty to him.  He wolfed down the rest of them and drank the rest of his ale, belching for good effect afterwords.

"Alright, I'm ready, let's go.  I'm Visar by the way, what's your name, Shienaran?"

"Alright, I'm ready, let's go.  I'm Visar by the way, what's your name, Shienaran?"

Belig got up and stretched a bit, pretending not to have noticed the reaction that Visar just had over the question. How was I supposed to know that you go right to the tower to be a trainee? I thought they would keep it seperate.. Shaking off his train of thought, Belig turned to Visar.

"Belig is my name. Belig Zu'Katsu. Thanks for taking me where i need to go, as I'm sure you can tell my sense of direction stinks when I can't orient myself. How do you city folk figure out which way is north without any mountains?"

"Belig is my name. Belig Zu'Katsu. Thanks for taking me where i need to go, as I'm sure you can tell my sense of direction stinks when I can't orient myself. How do you city folk figure out which way is north without any mountains?"

They left the Tavern, Visar leading the way down the crowded streets to the White Tower.  With two armed men (ooc: I'm assuming Belig is armed, but I don't know what else he has on him)

"I grew up in another city, so it didn't take me too long to get to know my way around this one.  Compared to Tear, Tar Valon's set up makes a whole lot more bloody sense.  The White Tower is in the center, or close enough.  Most of the major avenues and streets go to it eventually. And you can almost always see the Tower itself, as long as you're not right under some rich's palace.  See, there?"

The great white bulk was just barely visible over the walls of a well-to-do moneylender.  Visar continued talking, excited that he was bringing a new recruit, and perhaps a new friend and comrade, to the Tower.

"There's your mountain, if you need a reference.  Sure, there are other ways to find your way around, but that has helped me the most.  Other than that, you ask around.  Most people don't mind giving trainees directions.  And they even have maps at the Tower of the whole city, down to even most of the alleyways.  Not to worry, Belig, you'll learn what you need to know soon enough."  he finished encouragingly.

They went for another few minutes at a brisk walking pace, and finally they were within sight of the Tower Grounds, a relatively small stone wall surrounding the whole colossal place.

"Here we are.  Home." Visar said with a grin as they reached the gates.  He gave his name to the guards standing there, and let Belig give his, telling them he was an interested recruit.

The guards smirked, but let them by.

"Mistress Thera's the one you'll be wanting to go to, she runs matters with us Guard trainees.  Here, I'll take you to her office; I have to report to her too anyway."

They made their way to the office, and Visar knocked on the door three times loudly, waiting to be asked to enter.

(ooc: yea Belig is armed with a sword and a few other things in his pack)

Belig listened as Visar spoke while the walked. This guy's got one heck of a love for the city, but thats a good thing As Belig and Visar grew closer to the gigantic tower, he noticed that the wall around it wasnt that big. I guess they dont have a fear of theives, who'd be dumb enough to rob a gigantic tower with barracks and everything?

Belig followed Visar up to the great wooden door, and watched as Visar knocked three times on the door rather loudly. Well I guess this is it. Now to take my first step forward.

Thera looked up and glared at the loud knock at her door. She could eat her boots if it was not a trainee with a new recruit. Before she could take a few days off Dragar had gotten called away for at least a week and so Mia had conceded to allow Thera to do her job; so kind. After the last several months were spent complaining about not being allowed to work, she was now despising her job.

Her belly had grown to the point where she could not longer button on her sword without loosening the notches and all of her clothes were too tight. Grudgingly she’d had more made, with looser blouses and larger coats that hid her condition as much as she could. Thera was not ashamed of her child, only concerned that her condition would undermine her with the new recruits and the younger male members in the ranks of trainees. So far no one had uttered a word, but it would happen any day now she was sure.

Sighing she bellowed for the owner of the rude knock to enter and shook her head when she saw Visar with a new young man. At least she would not have to eat her boots. “Thank you Visar, I will see to him now” After the door clicked shut Thera sat staring at the young man with a hard blank stare.

“Well boy, do you have a name? and you might as well tell me where you come from?”

“Well boy, do you have a name? and you might as well tell me where you come from?” Said the woman who Belig now stood before. Even walking in the door he could tell the aura of dominance and command seeming to eminate this woman. Belig could tell that the woman was trying to hide the fact that she was pregnant, and she was doing very well at it too. Most normal people wouldn't notice, but that sword belt is obviously made for a slimmer shape and the clothes seem freshly sewn. Bah! snap out of it wool head!

Standing erect and coming into an attention stance, Belig quickly saluted in the fashion his father had taught him during the small amount of training he had. "I am Belig Zu'Katsu from Shinear my lady, Son of the Soldier Kain Zu'Katsu, and Scholar May Zu'Katsu. May I ask to know who I'm addressing Ma'am?" Belig said in a respectful and controlled tone.

Another Borderlander? Thera sighed again and shook her head slightly. They were always the hardest to handle.

"I am Thera Trakelyn, the Mistress of Trainee's and your boss for the next few years should I choose to accept you." Leaning back she arched an eyebrow.

"Now, tell me why I should accept you?"

"I am Thera Trakelyn, the Mistress of Trainee's and your boss for the next few years should I choose to accept you." Leaning back she arched an eyebrow.

"Now, tell me why I should accept you?"

Straight to the point, this should be interesting. "Ma'am you should accept me because I promise to see my training to the end and then beyond it. My skills of observation may also come in handy if you need it, and I have already had a bit of training with a sword and shield, making the training easier for you or whomever is going to train me to stick. Those are the reasons I feel that you should accept me Ma'am."  Belig maintained his at the ready stance, watching for any visual clues from the mistress of trainee's for a sign of disapproval or approval. He had meant every word he said, Belig felt that his skills would be put to better use here, and that was the whole reason he wanted to be a warder.

Thera had heard better and she’d heard worse, but either way she was in no mood to push this child further. He would get off easier than most.

“ I accept your answer child, if only because I do not have the strength or patience to press you for more. You can consider yourself enrolled. I will leave the tour of the yards to you, but here are the rules.” She spit them out by rote, hardly having to think to recite them.

“If you have no questions that you can be on your way.”

Belig listened intently to the mistress of trainees as she explained the rules. after she was finished she dismissed Belig, and so he saluted and backed out as politely as he could.  well that could have gone better. But at least I'm in. Belig wandered the yards trying to soak in as much info as he could. "Well, I guess these are the first steps of my life."