DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Attention lovely ladies of the Southern States! Need Fried Chicken recipe!

Tigara

I just beat a few eggs, dip your chicken in them and then roll it around in flour and then put them in the pan with a little oil. Low heat. If you do hi heat it will cook the outside but not the inside. When you think they are done, let them cool for a little bit and then cut them next to the bone to make sure they are not still bleeding.

I know you asked for fried but this is a really good chicken wing recipe:

2 1/2 pounds chicken

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/2 cup honey

2 tablespoons ketchup

1/2 teaspoon of ginger

1/2 teaspoon of garlic

-Preheat oven to 425F; have ready a shallow baking pan that you've lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.

-Arrange chicken wings in prepared pan; lightly sprinkle both sides of wings with salt and pepper (go easy on the salt).

-Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.

-While wings are in oven, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, ketchup, garlic powder and ginger;

-After the wings have baked for 15 mins, remove from oven and drain off any accumulated fat.

-Pour the sauce over the wings and return to oven.

-Bake for 20 more minutes, turning wings over in sauce frequently (I do it every 4 or 5 minutes), so that they are thoroughly coated.

-Wings should be well glazed and sticky when done

Recipe calls for wings but this will work on any type of chicken. Really really good. Even my picky kids will eat it.  ;D

*grins and hugs Tig*  those eyes of yours...anything you ask for dear!

Torrie those wings sound awesome!

Ok Tig this is about as easy as it gets...and I get pretty rave reviews usually!  And a bit the same and different from Torrie's!

Defrost your chicken of course..then rinse it in water..(I used to use an egg and milk mixture as well, but it adds calories and carbs and that stuff not good for you)  Take a plastic storage bag..like the gallon size.  Put in a couple cups of flour, a sprinkle of salt from the shaker, and then shake in pepper..enough to cover the top of the flour, but not make it black.  I also like to add some sweet basil flakes.  Mix it by shaking.  Then as you rinse each piece of chicken in water, shake it in the flour mix and then place it in the frying pan!  IT's better to do one peice at a time.  And if you like the crispies of the batter..when you finish shaking your chicken..add water to the flour bag, squish it up and then grab some in your hand and dribble in the hot oil.

Now..I like to use hot oil.  Definilty enough to cover the bottom of the pan.  Usually about an eighth of an inch deep or a bit more depending on how much chicken you are cooking.  I use an electric frying pan..and start my chicken at 400.  HIGH and HOT!  On the stove it would be the high setting.  You are not going to cook the whole thing at this temp.  THe high temp and hot oil gives you a good sear on the meat and batter, seals in juices and makes a great crust!  Usually about five minutes or so..you can look at it and tell if it is golden..then turn it over! and turn down the heat to cook..usually about 300 to 350 or medium.  The second side will still sear in the hot oil..but as the temp drops your chicken then cooks too and doesn't burn.

Then after about oh twenty minutes to a half hour..cut into the meat near the bone and see if it is white or pink.  WHite is done..pink means you need to cook a bit more!

GOOD LUCK TIG!

Archived