DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Has anybody read Brian Jaques' Redwall series?

Karana Majin

i used to love these book till i was about 13....then i got the new book,read it,and lo it was exactly the same as all the other books,with new characters.then isasid i'd read the other new one,just to see,and it was again the same.great,books,but at this stage i could nearly write one

I was obsessed with Redwall in middle school. I still have all of them, just for nostalgia, really. Maybe something I'd want to read to my kids someday. I got kind of tired of them because I over-read the books.

They're cute, but the plots were getting sort of repetitive. (The whole 'quest/the "one warrior"/riddle/sea voyage thing.) I'd say my favorites would have to be Mossflower, (it's an older one, and still has some of the charm of the first book), Martin the Warrior, (Noonvale is barely ever mentioned again after this one), Marlfox, (the funniest book), and Taggerung, (which dealt with issues that weren't in many of the other books.)

I also liked Brian Jacques other series, Castaways of the Flying Dutchman. Much more interesting.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i used to love redwall, its great for young readers. unfortunatly i out grew it in middle school and now i cant focus, its to simple, my favorite was taggerrung, i mean come on, otter raised by evil pirates then turns good and saves redwall, plus he was so cool with his dagger. prince of the pirates forever

After reading all my favorite books 5 times, a friend of mine gave me some Redwall books. They were good books for filling up a dry spell. However, if one of my favorite authors put a new book out...I would definatly sit the Redwall books aside for a while.

Archived