DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Beginnings of the Tower

Guest dragonsworn1991

Guest dragonsworn1991

I was thinking about an rp on the early years of the white tower, discovering the warder bond, the three oaths, and a bunch more stuff... If there is already an rp goin just tell me, are any suggestions feel free to post.

This is an open Rp to all poeple who want to play as aes sedai, warders, shadowspawn, or darkfriend.

It is the oppening of the white tower, after the breaking in the 3rd age, most sisters have taken the three oaths, and a decree has been issued that all sisters come to the tower.

Current players:

Dragonsworn1991 - Jenai Sedai - Aes sedai: Blue ajah

Jehaine - Nirinla - Jenai sedai's warder

Winterwinds - Alus Ravenswood - Bandit turned general

Dracius - Sady Al'Fevre - Student of Alus

Guest dragonsworn1991

First Post: This Rp takes place at the end of the Age of Legends after the breaking. It is set in a newly made ogeir wonder, a large white tower, a beacon of hope against the shadow, which lies near Dragonmount.

Jenai Sedai, a sister of the blue looked out with great expectations, she gazed over the novices in their white about to enter the newly built white tower. Jeanai Sedai was a beautiful women, with long flowing glossy black hair framing her milky face. Her deep black eyes set off her beauty in her face along with a sharp nose and a slender mouth. Looking at her people might say she was twenty, thirty, or even forty but the truth was she was much older, her ageless face made it immpossible for people to tell she would be approaching her three hundred and seventeenth naming day. She shook her self a little still getting used to the constrictions of the three oaths, she was one of the first sisters to take those oaths but a few still have not. There was a much frowned upon rumor going around about those few sisters. You could hear the words whispered in corners, but barely even them, those whispers named them Black Ajah, an ajah totaly dedicated to the dark one.

Jenai Sedai had chosen that as her cause, to erradicate the black ajah, and shadow spawn. Many people thought her a fool, yet she knew that shadow sworn would flock to anything of the light in hopes to diminish its splendor. So she set herself on the hunt. Yet since the three oaths bound her she could not just use the power to interogate any woman who she expected to be black, also the notion that an arrow in the back could kill an aes sedai just as quick as anyone elsegave her the notion to hunt for someone to watch out for her while she hunted the dark friends.

Her priorities were clear she needed to find someone to help her find dark friends first and foremost, then she would continue her coarse on erradicating the world of shadow sworn.

Jenai left the procession, her mind filled with duty. She had plush apartments in the ajah quarters, yet sleeping in an inn for a night or two wouldn't hurt. Besides not many people in her ajah would question her since she was the head of the blue. Jenai went to the roughest inns in town, searching for someone who might fit her requirments for protector. She bounced around Tar Valon for most of the day, and as the sunset she began to notice something strange, someone kept following her, they had the hood of their cloak drawn up so she could not see their face but she knew they were following her.

Night began to touch the city, abbandoning the idea of sleeping in an inn Jenai, headed for the tower, but she was on the outskirts of the city and had a long walk.

OOC: Pics found here and here

Nirinla walked up to Jenai, the Aes Sedai that had Bonded her as her Warder. She spared a glance to their destination, the White Tower, now clearly visible as it rose above the buildings of Tar Valon standing between them and it. She adjusted the armored robe she was wearing with her one arm, used to the missing limb for several years now. Her red hair marked her as having Aiel blood, which made the sword on her appear oddly out of place. Most of those that had stood before her had underestimated her for it. Most of them were dead because they had.

Had she been reminiscing, she would have been reminded by how familiar this seemed the first time she had gone to the White Tower. How she had lost her left eye to a Darkfriend, and later her right arm to a brigand attack before hearing that the Aes Sedai could heal anything short of death. How she had gone, hoping, expecting them to cure her eye and arm, only to hear they could not.

Rather than turn away, she had instead trained with the Warders, too stubborn and proud to 'curl up and die under a bridge', as she called it. Though her missing arm gave her a disadvantage in a drawn out battle, she had developed several techniques and specifically trained to end a battle quickly. It had been a small surprise when she was approach with a request to be Bonded, though she could beat a majority of the Warders it hadn't much occurred to her how much of a reputation she had made for herself.

But Nirinla wasn't reminiscing, the situation didn't allow it. Not until they were in the Tower, and even then the threat of the Black Ajah hung in the air like an unspoken threat. But regardless of the number and strength of the enemies they were up against, she would watch her back, as she had done from the start of their Bond. As she would do until the end.

Nirinla

half-Aiel

OOC: right then, might as well jump in I guess.

IC: Alus Ravenswood looked over the ranks of ragtag men that stood before her and laughed quietly to herself. She was supposed to teach them the ways of battle?

She was standing in the what was going to be the towerguard training grounds for the Tar Valon, the White Tower. She had walked in about three or four days ago, long before the first to train under the Aes Sedai made their way into the city.

She looked over her shoulder and gave the two plaitmail wearing mercenaries that had been tasked to guard her a smile, she had been pulled out of a cell this morning and told to teach the rag tag band of civilians, she had ofcourse refused at first, but then when the Aes Sedai said she would get a full pardon from her....past, she had been more then willing to teach what she knew.

She had best get down to it then, no sense in stalling any longer. She then turned to the group who was attempting to stand at attention, and failing horribly.

"Alright, let me get one thing clear, I dont want to be here, in fact, I would rather be in my cell." She then smiled, a devious smile, "Many of you may know me from my picture on the wanted posters plastered all over this city, but just in case you dont know, I am Alus Ravenswood." She then looked at the guards that were guarding her, "I was a bandit that prayed on small villages and sometimes cities if my force was large enough." From behind her she heard people whispering "Its the shadow walker bandit" Good so they did know her.

"I have been tasked with teaching you," she said as she turned around, "I will teach you thinks I learned from my father, who was taught by his father, and so on and so forth, in the end my ancestors where guards at the Hall of Servants before its fall. It will be a hard road, and anyone who thinks they cannot take it had best leave now," No one moved, "Alright then, shall we start with open handed combat?"

It was going to be a long day, but by the light she would teach these roadents, the other choice wasn't as appealing.

Alus Ravenswood.   

Sady al'Fevre listened to the Alus with a slightly angered look on her face, which was by most men's standards to be slightly pretty. But right now she looked like a beggar with her torn clothing and chipped wooded staff in he hand. When she had asked to train there the they had though she meant as an Aes Sedai. And it was hard enough convincing them she would make it once they decided she didn't meant that, but she did not expect that when she signed up for this she would be taught by the person who had once robbed her village. "Alright then, shall we start with open handed combat?" Alus said in conclusion to her little speech. Seeing no one move Sady then stepped forward and said, "Well I guess I shall be your first victom." Taking off her cloak and laying her staff on it, she faced Alus ready to defend herself.

Guest dragonsworn1991

Nirinla was a great comfort to have while Jenai walked up the streets to the tower. Many people thought her week for her handicap but Jenai knew better. She had saw many people fall to Nirinla's sword. As they began to get closer to the tower Jenai herd a loud bang behind her. Before she could blink Nirinla was fighting with three of what appeared to be cut purses or brigands. Opening herself to saidar Jenai went to help her warder, and friend.

She began to weaves clubs of air to strike the fiends but Nirinla had already incapacitated them.

"Well friend you did it again."

Nirinla looked behind her, giving Jenai a simple nod in acknowledgement. The fighting style she had developed was built around drawing and attacking too fast for the enemy to react, some of the people she had fought had barely had the time to draw their swords before they found her blade at their throats.

- "We're almost there, let's keep moving."

Not bothering to spare the bleeding cutpurses a glance, she walked away, heading to the White Tower. She missed their vital spots, they'd bleed out some but were likely to survive. Of all the things she could be called, gentle was not among them, and any attempts to find out why were met with complete silence. Her history was her own, and despite having been friends with Jenai for several years now she still knew nothing of the Warder's family, or her hatred of bandits.

Something that, if she was concerned, wouldn't be happening for another couple of years still.

Quickening her pace, she waited for the Aes Sedai to adjust her own walking speed accordingly before heading towards their destination, clearly visible just a mile or so ahead of them. She longed for some rest after a few weeks of travel, and even though there was nothing about her appearance to show it, the feelngs sent back through the Bond were less forgiving when it came to her secrecy.

Nirinla

Warder

Guest dragonsworn1991

Jenai loved her warder like a sister, but there was one thing she could never understand, Nirinla's secrecy. Jenai had been completely open and she always considered it to be something that she needed to say to her warder, like it was her fault for them her not to be open.

As they passed through the tower's doors Nirinla began to move towards the warder's quarters, "Wait Nirinla." Jenai said, "I want you to spend the night with m, I would feel much safer, and my apartments, have a spacious guest room."

Jenai felt a touch of something in the warder bond, was it shock, resentment perhaps, she could not tell because it was gone in an instant, back to the usual blank sheet of awareness that usualy occupied Nirinla's side of the bond.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised at her Aes Sedai's request, Nirinla turned her attention to the Bond, feeling small traces of guilt trickling across to her before Jenai regained control of herself again. She hoped it wasn't because of her past again, despite being good friends there were some things she simply didn't wish to let her know.

Hunting the Black Ajah, that was Jenai's task as much as it was hers as a Warder to protect her. But given that they knew so little about their enemy -- save that they could channel, of course -- she knew every distraction to be a potentially fatal one, and didn't want to burden the woman with her past no matter how close they were. She felt it was her weight to carry, her burden to bear, taken physical form in the sword at her hip.

- "...As you wish, Aes Sedai."

There was a small pause before she answered, spent scanning the Aes Sedai's face for emotion out of habit. She believed she could guess the reason why Jenai would have asked what she did, but confronting her in public about it was something she was not willing to do no matter what, not in sight of the very place the Black Ajah believed to be their center of power. Like the Tower, they too would have to remain whole and unbroken if they were to survive this.

Nirinla

Going quiet again

Guest dragonsworn1991

The walk to the blue's corridors was quiet except for a few sisters talking with each other in the corners. In its ways the blank sheet of Nirinla's side of the bond was a comfort. It let Jenai know that at least one of them was unafraid. Unafraid for the task to come. The black ajah was a mountain before, however insurmountable it appeared to be there must be a way to defeat them.

Yet her warders coldness worried her, but she knew with time her warder would reveal what it was that troubled her. Until then she wasn't going to pry for on openness forced would be soon closed again and that was a shore as the sun rising in the east.

When Jenai and her warder reached her room she wove a ward that would let her know if anyone tried to enter or probe and listen in on her conversations.

The group of 4 Aes Sedai entered the newly founded city.  The centre of Aes Sedai power.  Tar Valon.  Made of white stone, and reinforced with the One Power, it was somehow gradiose and beautiful.  Visla, Nenera, Kemai, and Nareoai had helped in the beginning.  But other duties had called, and they had been pulled away from the task of completing the city to hunting down renegrade Aes Sedai.  They had been back to the same place several times, but this was the first time they were looking on the newly completed city.

It was a wonderous sight to behold.

All of them were of the Green Ajah, sworn to battle the shadow and keep it at bay.  And they had done so for the past decade at the borderlands as well while hunting down renegrades.  A circle of 4 was far more deadly than simply adding up the strengths of 4 sisters.  And they specialized in different areas.

Visla was a Cloud Dancer of immense skill.  Much of what she had learnt was through constant experimentation, especially on trolloc hordes.  Nenera was a Wave Dancer, due to her strength in Water.  Kemai was an Earth Singer, and had talent in Earth, while Nareoai was good at Fire.  Together they were more powerful than the sum of the parts.

And they were the Sisters of the White Tower.

Visla, Nenera, Kemai and Nareoai

Air, Water, Earth and Fire

Sisters of the Tower

Of the Green Ajah

Visla

Strength: 33, Skill: 38, Potentiate: 71, Air: 10, Earth: 4, Fire: 6, Spirit: 5, Water: 8

Nenera

Strength: 29, Skill: 34, Potentiate: 63, Air: 5, Earth: 7, Fire: 3, Spirit: 5, Water: 9

Kemai

Strength: 26, Skill: 29, Potentiate: 55, Air: 2, Earth: 10, Fire: 7, Spirit: 4, Water: 6

Nareoai

Strength: 34, Skill: 32, Potentiate: 66, Air: 7, Earth: 7, Fire: 10, Spirit: 4, Water: 6

Janai heeled her grey mare forward. She wove through the crowd with little difficulty but she kept her eyes on the gleaming tower she was heading for. A beautiful sight. Is it worth all this though?She sighed and tried to keep her mind on something besides what she was sacrificing to gain more respect and power in the world. She knew that she would join this so called Green Ajah and she would start eradicating as many Trollocs as possible before the Last Battle came to be.  Her hazel eyes tightened when she thought of those bloody Oaths. “Why we have to take those flaming Oaths is beyond me but if it must be, it must be.” She mumbled as she rode into the stables. She shook her long, wavy black hair out and handed a groom the reigns as she dismounted. “Brush her down and feed her an extra helping of oats, she has carried me far today.” She said, her voice calm. She turned and squared her shoulders as she glided to the Tower. Not much managed to frighten Janai, she had grown up without being afraid, but this Tower made her feel a small ball of ice in her stomach. “Light let this be worth the sacrifices.” She whispered as she took the step that brought her inside the White Tower.

Guest dragonsworn1991

ooc: I think I let this sit long enough.

IC: As the suns beams streamed through Jenai's window in her apartments in the tower, Jenai began to awake. She got up and strode over to the window and stared out at the bustling city. Already river boats were being readied in the harbor, and shopkeepers were opening up shop, and hawkers were walking through the streets calling out their wares to anybody with half an ear to hear them. But none of the bustle below held her attention for very long. What worried her was her warder was somewhere in the city, and the creator only knows what she was up to.

Nirinla walked out of one of the alleys of the poorer districts of the city. Behind her, the bodies of the brigands that had attacked them the night before lay dead, not far from where they had started their ambush. Much as she suspected, they had wanted to take revenge for her injuring them, which in turn had caused her to seek them out, giving them an opening by thinking to overrun her while she was without Jenai. Rather than risk them firing an arrow from hiding, she had opted for luring them out in a preemptive strike.

They never learned.

Feeling a bit better after waking up well before dawn, she proceeded to walk back to the Tower. With a little luck, she would arrive in Jenai's room before she would wake, though she didn't put much faith in it herself given the feelings she was getting through the Bond. Taking a deep breath of morning air, she felt confident in that not even a single drop of their blood had stained her clothes, and started to look in the direction of the Tower to look for signs of Jenai.

Nirinla

Almost home

Guest dragonsworn1991

Jenai passed the room, distraught over her warder and made it up into her mind to search it out. Using the warder bond Jenai, knew the direction of Nirinla and she left her apartments to search her out. The day promised to be warm, with the sun rising and no clouds in the sky, but the atmosphere of the tower was that of a storm breaking over the horizon.

Fastening on her belt knife, Jenai felt a shiver role up her spine. "Little good this will do." Jenai muttered to herself, it wasn't the power of the blade, as a weapon she valued it was the little bit of mental security it provided. With all her things in order Jenai set down the hall her apartments, gliding towards the entrance of the tower in her blue silks, fit for a royal ball.

Barely acknowledging the other sisters in the tower she had her mind set on her warder. If anything happened to Nirinla, Jenai could never be able to forgive herself.

Nirinla winced as she noticed the increasing worry from the Bond, and judging by what she was feeling she was on her way to meet her. Quickening her pace, she intended to be on the Tower Grounds when that happened, knowing all too well that a number of people in Tar Valon still nursed old wounds from previous clashes between Aes Sedai, and despite the power they wielded were still mortal like any other.

Jenai was her Aes Sedai, the one helping her channel her anger into a weapon against the Black Ajah. If anything happened to her, she'd likely not be able to stop herself from going on a personal crusade against brigands and thieves, leaving a trail of bodies behind her. Light, she wasn't even sure she'd want to stop herself. More anger bubbled up outside of the Void as she thought of brigands, and she bit back a curse, realising she'd still be angry by the time she'd run into Jenai...

Nirinla

Still a bit ticked off

Guest dragonsworn1991

In-between Jenai's worrying and her decent down the tower she noticed something in her bond with Nirinla. Anger, it burned on the bond. At least she is showing some emotion, Jenai thought with relief. She wanted to skip a few steps with this revelation. Yet the moment of relief could not out weigh her worry. She thumbed the hilt of the knife and saw the Tower's main entrance.

Jenai stepped out into the sun and picked up the pace of her walk, and she set out to meet her warder.

Nirinla entered the Tower Grounds, a thankful few seconds before Jenai would have left. In the small gathering of petitioners at the gates the risk of a hidden blade was too great of a chance to take even with a Warder, let alone without. Light, if she had gotten herself injured...

After delivering a growl to the poor gate guard when he asked her for indentification, it took her exactly five seconds to stand in front of Jenai, effectively blocking her way to outside. At this point, she really wanted to avoid walking around outside of the Tower grounds until her mood cooled some. Motioning for the Aes Sedai to follow, she made her way back to her room, stifling a yawn every now and then. There were a couple of things she left there that she would be needing if they were to go out, and catch up on some sleep if they were not.

Nirinla

A bit tired.

Guest dragonsworn1991

Jenai got to the gate outside of the tower and Nirinla seemed to come from nowhere. Jenai looked her warder in the face and could see the tiredness that framed it. Jenai moved in behind her warder as they went back up through the tower. Not stopping until they reached Jenai's apartments, she said to her warder, "You shouldn't have left with out telling me, but whats done is done, and we can't change it now. I can heel you and take the tiredness from you, just promise me one thing, promise me you will tell me if you plan to do something rash, I can help if you let me.

Jenai, looked at Nirinla's face, which was a perfect mask of calm, almost coolness, and she wondered to herself just what was her warder thinking.

- "Just a few nightmares, i can handle it."

Nirinla staved off the offer to be Healed, knowing it would do little good for her problems. She had had bad dreams for years now, and the Aes Sedai's protection that came with the Bond would not be able to shield her from the cause. The simple fact was, that the cause of said nightmares was something that had happened to her in her past, and since they weren't sent from outside there was preciously little the Bond could do about it. You can't run from yourself...

- "Also, those bandits we met yesterday won't be troubling us any longer. I didn't trust it, so i went out to see if they were setting up a trap. They did, and they died for it."

She stretched, using her left arm to loosen a muscle in her neck. The prospect of getting some sleep sounded good to her at that point, and with the 'removal' of a threat she hoped she could at least rest assured for an hour or two, maybe even three before the dreams would start again. Regardless, after a week of similar short nights she needed to catch up on sleep, as much as she hated it...

Nirinla

Used to having bad dreams.

Guest dragonsworn1991

"Just a few nightmares" That simple statement worried Jenai. If the bond could not protect from them, then they must be truly personal, and very horrifying. Although her warder's saftey was important, finding the Black Ajah was paramount, and Jenai had gotten a lead. A sister of the red ajah, jenai could not quit remember her name, seemed very shifty, and something just didn't seem rite with her.

Jenai, saw her out of the corner of her eye on several occasions, and she seemed to take to the shadows, and was very drawn in. When her warder slept Jenai was going to do some searching herself.

Nicolia, a raven haired beautiful woman looked out her window from her apartments in the red quarters. She gazed out on the city of Tar Valon, with her dark eyes that seemed to drink in the light. She had managed to avoid the three oaths all of these fools were jumping to take, but for how long could that be managed? Wrapping her milky knuckles against a small table in her room she tsked bitterly to herself.

The only thing Nicolia hated more than men who could channel, was stupidity, and if she could sum up what she thought of these tame sisters, giving up their freedom, was stupidity.