DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Switching Roles... (Open to all)

Jehaine

(Bryon hasn't posted in a while, maybe we should just move on, end the spar, and if he really wants to he can catch up and fill in the gaps)

Visar's thrust managed to land, though he hit Llewelyn much harder than he anticipated, and the lad fell down.

One down, but there's one more!  Visar thought, and he quickly turned to deal with Bryon.  As Veria and he were still going at it, Visar rushed behind Bryon, and gave a loud shout as he aggressively struck at his exposed back with the lathed sword.  Either Bryon would be struck a 'lethal' blow, or he would turn from the shout and be distracted from an attack from Veria. Either way, it would be only a matter of time before he was overwhelmed between the two of them.

(ooc: I'll leave what exactly happens open)

When the team spar was over, Visar strode over to where Llewelyn had just recovered.

"You had me here Visar."

Visar gave a slightly meek grin.  "Sorry I should have pulled that thrust a bit.  That could have cracked a rib if the lathes didn't give as much as they do.  You alright 'L'?"

After making sure Llewelyn was alright, albeit in some pain, Visar followed his glance to Melenis, who would tell them what to do next.

• 2 weeks later...

Melenis nodded as Visar looked at her, signaling the spar had come to an end. She was still holding the axe she had picked at the start of combat, despite still not being quite confident in how she held the weapon. Nevertheless, the spar gave her a good indication of where her students were standing in terms of skill.

- "Very well. Keep in mind that after being promoted to Tower Guard you will be sent out in groups to gather experience. Warders can be expected to face danger alone and survive, but you cannot. Therefore, knowing how to move and fight as a group is essential in order to improve, and become a good Warder."

She hefted the axe, the wooden blade of the weighed weapon pointed towards the group of Trainees in front of her. Though she longed to use the ashandarei on her back, she needed to take a different approach this time, as the long reach of her favored weapon would strike down any opponents before they'd be able to get into range.

- "Your next task is to work as a group again, this time facing me as your opponent. I have never held an axe before in my life, so the gap in skill shouldn't be that large. Remember to work as a team, and watch each other's backs. Begin."

She slipped into a stance, and waited for them to close in on her. The axe felt odd to her, strange, as if she needed to be someone she was not. That was the reason she chose the weapon herself, as it would teach her a number of things on opponents that held axes, knowledge she deemed important as they could potentially chop her weapon in two with an aimed strike. The more she knew about axemen, the better she would be able to anticipate them.

Melenis

Game on, boys

OOC: This can count as Evaluation, but those of you that have it as a req already can choose another weapon and go for Secondary or Tertiary weapons training. Melenis will be offering you advice during the spar, so have fun trying to hit her for stalling this thread for so long ;)

OOC: And girl. ;)

IC: Veria listened to her teacher and When the time was right...she took her stance. She and the rest of the students fanned out and took places of advantage. Veria stepped lightly as Melenis moved around and struck out at different students and even Veria herself.

After a few minutes Veria saw an opening and she took it. Melenis was distracted by an other student and Veria thrust with her lathe...but she found herself on her back with the air knocked out of her. Coughing she pushed herself up and then felt the bruise on her stomach coming in. Melenis had seen her and kicked her some how.

Veria did her best not to let this keep her out of the spar for long. She jumped back in and began to work with the others.