DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hearty greetings from the heart of Europe

Idril

Hi there you fellow readers. As the title indicates I´m part of a rare breed of people who dwell in the mountainous regions in the middle of Europe (called 'Austria' by some).

I´ve been reading the WoT-series for some 3 1/2 years now, starting with the German version, however, starting with the 4th book I switched to English for two reasons: Only the first 3 books are published as German versions, all consecutive English books are split in 2 - 3 volumes in the German version, which, honestly is completely awful (I didn´t have to read one of the split-books, thank god). Also, I study English and naturally have some interest in the language and in reading in it.

Anyways, I had some back and forths adventuring and exploring through the series (especially with the books 4 - 6 I suffered some major pushbacks in reading). However, in the course of the last 6 months I completed the last 4 books of the series quite quickly, which now leaves me feeling confident to join discussion about this magnificient piece of Fantasy literature.

I have to say that I´m - to some extent - frightened of the publication of the last volume since this series really tends to make me breath- and thoughtless (in a positive sense, of course) when reading them (except for maybe 'The Silmarillion' and Stephen King´s 'Dark Tower'-series). I really don´t look forward to this emptiness which will establish itself due the lack of a WoT-volume - I carried one with me at nearly anytime for the past 2 years, I think.

Whatever, I think I´ll be glad to join discussion and meet fellow people, who are as crazy and sensible about the series as I am. :)

Welcome my friend to the Mount  ;D

You seem interested in talking about the books so I would say you should check out the general wheel of time discussion, were you will find people who live for nothing but talking about the books.

But, in the interest of being fair you should also check out the Orgs half way down the forums, they offer discussions on a lot of stuff that might interest you.

Also, if you are into the Roleplaying side of stuff there are the Divs at the bottom of the forums were you can find the PSW that hosts the Role Playing fun.

Anyway, if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask, and have fun storming the Mount  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to DM!

Austria, well, Vienna anyway, is one place I really, really want to see. I was really quite jealous when my parents went last winter.

Anyway, I hope you arwe enjoying the site and are not too lost! Please ask any questions or concerns you may have, and we will do our best to help you out. :)

Archived