DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What do you want to see from the Band of the Red Hand ORG in 2009?

Corki

In order to make the Band of the Red Hand ORG a better place and more accessible for non Banders, I am looking for comments and views from non members of the ORG as part of our firstly annual review (we are holding an internal one as well). I am interested in seeing what you would like us to offer for 2009 that would make you post more on our boards. I will post a few possible ideas, as well as plans for early 2009, and I would like to hear your feedback.

ORG Overview

For those of you that don't know, the Band of the Red Hand ORG is DM's music and travel ORG.

Plans for 2009

Below is a list of activities I plan for 2009 on the Band's public boards for all of DM. Please read and comment - any views will be taken into consideration.

1. The main project for 2009 is finishing our wiki site. This will include all valuable information about the ORG, and depending on my net access over the festive period, it could be open for DMers early in January. The site will also include all our reviews done by Banders, covering albums, gigs, holiday locations around the world as well as restaurant reviews. The wiki site is going to be a massive database, and hopefully a useful tool for all of DM.

2. I also plan to continue with the weekly "Tune or No Tune" thread that occurs on our public boards. Any feedback on this weekly column would be appreciated - what would increase your participation? Do you enjoy it? Any ways it could be approved? Anything and everything - I want to hear from you.

3. I intend the Band to host another Battle of the Bands for 2009. This seemed quite successful earlier on in 2008. The current format is the Band's 3 Regiments pick a champion for the 16 different music genres I decide upon. The winners from each genre then go head-to-head in a knock out competition until 1 group/singer is left. Do you want to see a similar format for 2009 (i.e. Regimental choices), or would you like the Band's Senior Staff to nominate their champion and vote from that? Please let me know of how you would like to see this run.

Link to the 2008 Battle of the Bands contest

4. Using a similar format to the Battle of the Bands concept, I want to do a Favourite Holiday Location Tournament. The idea is the same as above, except I would pick the locations and you would vote for your favourite until a winner is found. Any ideas for running this competition would be taken into consideration.

5. At the moment, I am running a simple knock out competition to find out DM's Favourite Christmas Carol. For 2009, I am looking for run similar small threads, concentrating on finding DM's favourite song for a particular artist (for example, Michael Jackson, R.E.M. etc etc) as well as a favourite group of a genre or sub genre (i.e. pop, folk, metal, symphonic metal). It would follow the same format as the Christmas Carol knock out, with a maximum of 16 songs (or 8, depending on the artist). The aim is for these threads to be short and snappy, lasting no more than a fortnight (2 weeks). Would this be a popular idea?

6. What are DMers' views on having threads on individual artists? I've tried introducing this in the past, but would it be popular?

7. Random Top 10 threads created by me on various music and travel aspects to comment on?

Your Ideas

What ideas do you have to make the Band of the Red Hand a place you would look at more often? Please outline them here, and I will do my best to incorporate them into our plans for 2009.

A Final Word

I appreciate your time in reading this, and your comments to make the Band of the Red Hand a better ORG at DM. It should be a place for all DMers, and I hope that this can be achieved in 2009. And the only way that can happen is by your comments. Oh, and there is nothing stopping Banders commenting on this thread either - your views are just as important! :)

Many thanks!

Corki

Marshal-General

Band of the Red Hand ORG Leader

• 2 months later...

Well I'll take the opportunity to bring up the whole pranking thing again. Just gotta keep it fresh in everyone's minds. After the recent shakeup too it might be a good time to look into possibly bringing that back. After all, I remember one of the newest recruits that joined said they did so because of the promise of pranking. The ideas for how to regulate it have already been pretty thoroughly discussed...just needs someone to officialize it.

Archived