DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Morgase's treaty with the Whitecloaks

42Bonzo88

I didn't get any answers to this the first time I put it out, so I thought I would try it again. I think it could have alot of bearing even after Elayne became Queen for the children to show up on her doorstep with that piece of paper in their hand.  Not Pretty

I think it is unlikely that anything will happen with the treaty.  With the Seanchan invasion, the White Cloaks are no longer a great power.  They are only a few scattered groups at the moment.  Plus except for a handful of people, everyone else thinks Morgase is dead, or missing. Even if the few White Cloaks out there somehow have the treaty (which is not likely with the Seanchan), they have no significant power to enforce it.

These to me would be the possibilities::

-The paper still in the document room where it was put.

-Balwer stole and destroyed the paper before he rescued Morgase and her companions from the Seachan.

-The Seachan captured the building and thus preventing Whitecloaks from regaining the documents.

Guest The Thin Inn Keeper

I think the treaty will be pretty much null and void, two reasons.

1. Valda was killed by Galad. Galads challenge and subequent duel was motivated by the fact that he believed Valda had killed his mother, held her captive, and raped her.

I doubt that any treaty signed in that atmosphere/under those conditions, would be upheld, especially given that the Captain Commander was then killed, according to CoL custom.

2. Galad is pretty much the defacto head of the CoL. .... Why would he be interested in the treaty with Andor, given that his sister will (sometime in the next 50 years) be on the throne....?

The CoLs relationship with Andor won't really depend on the treaty and, despite the relationship Galad has with Elayne, will surely improve.

Thank you very much for the replies. I still wonder if it could be a possibility for problems. As quick as we have had two Commanders to the Children, there is always the possibility of Three. Galad is very formidable and dangerous with the sword, but we have seen people go down from an arrow or someone better. With the signature and enough witnesses of the children seeing Morgase at the Fortress, I could see the Children getting a toe hold untill Elayne put a stop to it, and when you get a toe it's hard to get rid of it completely.

Also, with the Seanchan, who's to say they might send a group of Children to enforce the treaty to give the Seanchan rights to Andor? You have to agree that stranger things have happened. Again, thank you for your replies.

Guest The Thin Inn Keeper

2. Galad is pretty much the defacto head of the CoL.
Isn't he the de jure head, now?

I couldn't remember if he had been legally signed off. It's been a while.

With the signature and enough witnesses of the children seeing Morgase at the Fortress

The majority of the Whitecloaks in the FoL were either killed or captured by the Seanchan. Methinks they won't be up to much any time soon.

Also, with the Seanchan, who's to say they might send a group of Children to enforce the treaty to give the Seanchan rights to Andor?

I'd say that's pretty unlikely.

Galad leads the CoL, he was appointed legally.

Anyone else trying to enforce a treaty would be sent packing.

Well since we have not read the whole treaty we have to base it on what we know.  The one fact that jumps out at me was, The children have to help Morgase take the throne back from the dragon reborn. Now, a few facts that will void that treaty,  1.  Rand no longer controls Andor.  2. The children have 0 chance to remove Rand, nor even Help Elayne take back Andor.  3.  Morgase gave up the crown.

The children even with the Seanchan help have 0 leagal right to Andor at this time.  As for the seanchan giving the Cildren help to enforce that treaty, not a chance in hades, the seanchan hate the whole idea of the children, they are certianly never going to help them take over a country that they will want to bend a knee to them.

2. Galad is pretty much the defacto head of the CoL.
Isn't he the de jure head, now?

I couldn't remember if he had been legally signed off. It's been a while.

I'd hazard a guess that while, yes Galad's defeat of Eamon Valda makes him the Lord Captain Commander of the CoL, whether or not he holds onto that authority will depend on how convincing Asunawa was when he fled to the other Lords' Captain, and how many of them were 'his men' from the get go...  :)

Again, thanks for all of the posts. I hope most of you are right, I too don't think that anything will come of it, but pieces of paper sometimes come back and bite you where you would rather not be bit. Something else to consider what happens if Asuanawa's band captures Morgase and has the paper? Just an interesting thought.

The whitecloaks split up after Galad became head.  The majority stayed with Galad because his plans are to seek help against the seanchan and to fight the last battle.

The questioners and the super stupid AS haters kept with the seanchan.

Galad and crew were last seen by fliers heading to Andor.  The banner general comments about them breaking oaths.

In the prolouge of KoD we saw what happened to the questioners and crew.

Archived