DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Questions about the doorframe ter'angreal

Mashiara Sedai

We know Mat loses half the light of the world to save the world, i took this to mean him marrying Tuon, helping unite the Seanchan behind Rand and then after TG going back with Tuon to Seanchan, thus losing half the light of the world, tho i can see how many people believe he will lose an eye.
How does that amount to losing half the light of the world?

As for Mat losing an eye:

"And the other one [Mat]--a red eagle, an eye on a balance scale, a dagger with a ruby, a horn, and a laughing face."

-The Eye of the World, Strangers and Friends

Mat, placing his own left eye on a balance scale.

-The Dragon Reborn, Questions

Mat throwing dice with blood streaming down his face, the wide brim of his hat pulled down low so she could not see his wound, while Thom Merrilyn put his hand into a fire to draw out the small blue stone that now dangled on Moiraine’s forehead.

-The Fires Of Heaven, What Can Be Learned in Dreams

A Viewing and two Dreams, to go along with the Aelfinn's answer, all indications of an eye loss to come, along with Mat's parallels to Odin.

As in, he can only see with one eye now, so he can only see half of the light? I dunno.
So marrying Tuon means he can only see with one eye? Or is it going back to Seanchan that does that? You didn't read my post properly.

We know Mat loses half the light of the world to save the world, i took this to mean him marrying Tuon, helping unite the Seanchan behind Rand and then after TG going back with Tuon to Seanchan, thus losing half the light of the world, tho i can see how many people believe he will lose an eye.

As for Mat losing an eye:

"And the other one [Mat]--a red eagle, an eye on a balance scale, a dagger with a ruby, a horn, and a laughing face."

-The Eye of the World, Strangers and Friends

Mat, placing his own left eye on a balance scale.

-The Dragon Reborn, Questions

Mat throwing dice with blood streaming down his face, the wide brim of his hat pulled down low so she could not see his wound, while Thom Merrilyn put his hand into a fire to draw out the small blue stone that now dangled on Moiraines forehead.

-The Fires Of Heaven, What Can Be Learned in Dreams

A Viewing and two Dreams, to go along with the Aelfinn's answer, all indications of an eye loss to come, along with Mat's parallels to Odin.

I meant Mat losing half the light of the world by leaving Randland and going to Seanchan, but Danya and Mr Ares are both correct in what they said about Mat/Thom viewing, i had totally missed that, so thanks fot the heads up ;D

As in, he can only see with one eye now, so he can only see half of the light? I dunno.
So marrying Tuon means he can only see with one eye? Or is it going back to Seanchan that does that? You didn't read my post properly.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't read it properly. I didn't see you were referring to the Seanchan bit in the quote, I just saw the losing an eye bit. Looks like I'm going half-blind myself. ^^

I don't know how marrying the Seanchan results in losing half the light of the world though. Maybe by giving up half the land in the main continent? But the Seanchan aren't all darkfriends so, that doesn't seem likely.

Danya, are you drunk? Quick--put your finger to your nose and recite the alphabet backwards.

Of course I can't do that sober, but meh. lol.

Is it the nose or the alphabet that gives you the problems?

Yeah i was thinking Randland and Seanchan on other sides of the world, but since i was prob wrong about Mats eye that is prob wrong too...oh dear another view shot down in flames :'(
Even if they are on other sides of the world, how does that constitute giving up half the light of the world? How does it save the world?

Did you just assault Luckers Mr Ares?, or was it to Danya?
My post was quite obviously to Luckers, but it wasn't an assault.

It's the nose. Damn thing seems to move around. Of course that may be because you've assaulted me.
Wasn't me. I haven't assaulted you. Yet. Might it have been a kangaroo? They can out-box Ali, so a reliable source informs me. Just imagine what one could do to your face...Or it could have been Cockta. He's just trying to pass the blame.

Archived