DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Class I: From Student to Teacher

Jehaine

"Of course you walk in the Light, I'd expect nothing less. I walk in the Light as well, all of us do. There's something i'd like to know though, if you want to tell me... Why are you so afraid of channeling?"

She opened her legs a crack to see her right on her desk. Her eyes went wide. She replied in high-pitched whispers. "Channeling is not for those who walk in the Light. Only Darkfriends do that. I walk in the Light, so I must not channel. It is not for me to wield. It's the Creator's power!"

Jerenia made a small move, but it was all Allri needed to burst into panic mode. "No! Don't touch me!" she shrieked as shepushed herself away from the desk. Her chair fell over backwards and she was on the floor. Light, he back hurt from that. Suddenly it was there. That light...no, she mustn't touch it. But it was coming with the pain. The pain she deserved for being able to channel. Suddenly, it filled her for just a moment. That sweet, sweet feeling of life, but better.

No sooner was it there that it was gone. Gone by her own doing. Realizing what she had just done, she gave off a scream and burst into tears once more. "It called to me. It feels so good, but I mustn't touch it. No...no...noooo." she wailed though her sobs, still on her back on the floor.

Allrianne Viventi

Well, she touched it...

Kembial nearly shot fifty feet in the air at the sound of the scream, and then the ringing slap. She watched, mouth agape, as  Katiana made her attempt to leave the room, only to be detained by the Accepted. What had her fellow novice been <i>thinking?</i> Being balky was one thing, but to actually <i>hit</i> a teacher! And an <i>Accepted</i> at that? The girl shook her head in total disbelief. If this had happened back home, the methods her superiors would have used would have been far less gentle - the restraining would have been the most gentle part, truly told!

Accepted Jerenia had things well in hand, though, so she closed her eyes during a half-second of peace...only to have her concentration broken again as Allrianne lost it. "Oh, for Light's *sake*," she grated under her breath, and whipped around again, her annoyance actually visible. She was never going to finish this silly exercise if she couldn't have quiet.

Satin couldn't help but to jump with the sudden slap she heard. At first she didn't realize where she was. She was still in the aura after releasing the Saidar, she felt like clawing her way back to it, greedily. She finally turned to the disturbance and with a 'tsk' and a frown.

Its not like she hadn't touched the power before, but never in this way. It was... the Creator's own love... it just had to be.

Her Mentor was on bended knee speaking to the girl that had lost control. She admire her mentor at that moment for her ability to not lose control and slap her silly.

Yet... the presence of Saidar seemed to be calling to her, strangely. Once it was gone it was said that we would have remorseful feelings, briefly but this wasn't what she thought it should be. She felt something else, like being, compelled. She shook it off for first day jitters and focused on her classmates. They were all irritated at the outburst, waiting to get back to either their rooms or out of the Tower for good.

Jerinia continued to speak in a calm and gentle tone with Allrianne. Though she didn't try to reach out to her given the girl's reaction earlier, she just gave the girl a warm smile in response to her sobbing. As she heard the reason why Allriane was so afraid of channeling however, she couldn't help but grin. Some of her own ideas concerning Aes Sedai had been quite off as well, most Novices -- and almost all of those not being brought in by an Aes Sedai -- generally seemed to have some degree of being influenced by one story or another. She just figured that sometimes, the story that was known wasn't necessarily a good one. Still, this wasn't anything she couldn't handle... hopefully.

- "Oh come on, now you're just being silly. Why in the Light would the Creator allow Darkfriends to wield his power without being able to do anything to prevent that? On average, only one out of fifty people is born with the ability we have. I talked to a Child of the Light once, and she said Amadicia had laws against channeling, not channelers. Though they tend to make trouble for us, we're not breaking any laws just by being who we are, for having what we are born with. Still..."

She got up, holding out a hand to help Allrianne up as well should she accept it, and walked back to her desk. Noticing the annoyance on Kembial's face however, she channeled again briefly, and the Sea Folk would suddenly find all sound in the room dampened. While in effect it was just the sound around Kembial that was lessened by the weave, it would at least give her last student a chance to pass the assignment so she could end the class. Should Kembial look at her, she would see Jerinia give an amused wink before leaning back to wait again.

Truthfully, the class had already ended up lasting longer than she initially had guessed it would have, but given that this was her first time as teacher she really wasn't all too good at planning yet. Oh well.

Great Teacher Jerinia

Figures her first class is almost over now...

• 2 weeks later...

Allrianne reluctantly offered the help to get up. But Light, her back burned now. She picked her chair back up and sat back down. She pondered about what the Accepted said. Why would the Creator allow Darkfriends to wield his power so freely? It does seem like a sporadic thing, so why not use it? No, I mustn't think like that! Should I? She put her head in her hands and moaned. This was so complicated and she was getting a dreadful headache.

She supposed she had done the assignment, so she just held her head in her arms until she was dismissed. Light, why did it have to be her? Why did that Blue have to abduct her? Why did she have to channel?

Allrianne Viventi

The seed is planted...will it grow?