DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Class I: From Student to Teacher

Jehaine

Jerinia looked at the empty classroom, taking a couple of deep breaths to get rid of the nervousness she was feeling. How long ago was it that she had sat in that very same classroom herself, sitting at one of the tables as the Mistress of Novices tried to teach her how to grasp saidar for the very first time? Well, actually it would have been the second time if one counted that gem thing they had used to test people, but that was beside the point. Heh, she recalled sitting at that table when she accidentally set fire to... *ahem* Anyway, time to check her notes again.

No, the true reason she was feeling nervous was not because of old memories, but new ones in the making. Today, she was supposed to teahc her first class as an Accepted, tutoring those that had come to the Tower seeking to become an Aes Sedai much like she was still aiming to reach her shawl. She knew there would be an evaluation for her waiting at the end of this, one that knowing her doubtable reputation for unintentional disasters would be looked at with skepticism.

A knock on the door almost made her jump, and she had to clear her throat to get her voice back to normal before giving permission to enter. Going through a list of people, she tried to figure out who it was even as the door cracked open. One of her Mentees? Or maybe Larindhra Sedai for some last minute advice? Or perhaps...

Great Teacher Jerinia

Is feeling a tad nervous

Satin had waited for weeks to gain entry into one of the classes so that she could begin her journey to become Aes Sedai. She was dressed in her freshly washed Whites and had her hair in a small clip to hold her hair back.

She was nearly to the door as a calm crept over her. She tilted her head back and closed her eyes just briefly as she welcomed the feeling. Then, she walked the last few steps to the door and knocked.

"But I don't want to channel! I walk in the Light!"

"We all do, child, but you are still going to to learn how to channel. Hurry up, or you'll be late for your first class."

The brutish-looking Accepted hurried Allrianne along the hallways to the class. The only reason Allrianne moved was because she didn't want one of these witches to touch her. There was another girl in whites identical to her own standing at the door. She walked up next to her and looked every bit as disgusted and nervous as she felt. The Accepted gave the other Novice a quick "Make sure she goes in." before trotting off. She eyed the girl nervously before they went in.

Allrianne Viventi

Emo girl

Satin eyes, the fidgety young girl as the Accepted turned an quickly marched off. Satin's stare usually offended others but she had been practicing not to stare so intently. She moved her eyes back to the door, and reached to open it, "You had better go in first," She wasn't really asking her, not in the tone of voice she used.

Allrianne shrank as the other novice stared at her. It was the most unnerving stare she had ever seen from anyone not full Aes Sedai. The girl put her hand on the knob. "You had better go in first." Allri's eyes went wide and she swallowed hard. She gave a hoarse whispered "No, it's a trap. Those witches want to kill me. You go first."

Satin could see that this young girl, certain believed her fears. "If Aes Sedai wanted to kill you, you would be dead already, wouldn't you agree? There now," Satin gave her a firm and guiding hand that moved her into the room, following right behind.

"If you die in the next few minutes, then you can say, I told you so." She gave the girl a nod. "Come now, what is your name?" The girl seemed nervous and unsteady so she thought to keep her in conversation.

Allri gave off a shriek as the other girl touched her. She did -not- like channeling women to touch her. Nevertheless, she was guided into the room. She rather felt like puking, but she managed to hold it in. "My name? It's...Allrianne." She sheepishly replied as she watched the Accepted sitting behind the desk as if it were a poisonous snake.

Kembial frowned slightly as she came to the door herself, trying to remember if she'd followed the directions given her exactly. This Tower had such ostentatious design in places that, to her, the grandeur bled into *everything* making one archway seem very much like another. The young Atha'an Miere could be walking into a meeting of Aes Sedai by mistake.

That, she thought, would not be pleasant.

With a sigh, she pushed open the heavy oak door with a dark-skinned hand, peering inside. Two - no wait, three - in white. Perhaps this was the right place. "ah...excuse me." Her hand went up in a greeting salute on instinct, but before fist hit chest she corrected herself and bobbed a very awkward half-curtsy - wait, was that correct? Larindhra Sedai had explained the ins and outs of that silly shorebound nonsense not three sunrises ago, and she still didn't understand all the nuances. "Is...this the Novice class?"

Struck by a bit of self-consciousness for such a question, she dropped her gaze to the floor and her hands drifted down to smooth out her skirt, a motion that was becoming something of a habit for her.

Jerinia waited for the Novices -- her students! -- to enter the classroom, grinning at them to hide some of the nervousness she was feeling, vaguely wondering if they were feeling the same way. They probably were. Being Raised a relatively short while ago, she was still feeling a bit uneasy at being curtsied to, but she figued she'd better not tell them not to or they'd just get in trouble for it later on.

"Is...this the Novice class?"

She turned from her other two students to the door, seeing a dark-skinned Novice standing there. Probably from Tear, judging by her skin color, though the accent sounded a bit off as far as she could tell. Thn again, Tear was a fairly big country after all, so it could be she was just from a different area than the couple of Tairens she had talked to up until now. Anyway...

- "Yup, feel free to pick a seat, we're almost ready to start. Umm... We're still short one person, so if you have anything to ask before we get underway, now's the time to do it. You can ask me about anything you want, and i'll do my best to answer any questions you might have."

She glanced on her list, seeing four names be written there while there were only three Novices in class. She didn't want to start off by sending someone to see Larindhra, so she decided to stall the start of class a little. A few minutes certainly wouldn't hurt, but she knew she wouldn't be able to do it forever, and the last person to join her class would need to show up soon or she realy would end up writing her down as tardy...

Great Teacher Jerinia

Feels awkward at sending people to the MoN

The young skittish girl, said her name was Allrianne but she wouldn't take her eyes off her Mentor and teacher, at the desk. The fear reeked from her skin.

She followed the girls eyes somewhat to read her fears. They were signs of a forced entry into the Tower. She hoped this girl would find her courage to be here, someday.

As soon as the girl in the doorway spoke, Satin's head came up and her back tightened. Tear. The always watched and ever present, neighbor to Mayene. The history was long, between their countries. Fortuantely, Mayene has no discerning accents to give away her State. She found this situation to be delicate. And she would make good use of it.

Jerinia's suggestion to find a seat prompted her to look for the desk she wanted. Middle I think. Where I can see everyone, including the teacher.

She gave the skittish young girl a hard moments stare and said. "I suggest you find your center and get used to this. It is your life now."

She made her way to her seat, and eyed the girl who had just talked to Jerinia. So as not to draw attention, she looked to Jerinina and remembered the blue dot.

Kembial didn't notice the reactions one whit. "Thank you," she said softly. "I was hoping I was not lost." She paused, then snorted. "You could place a raker in this Tower and still have room left over."

With that, the darkskinned girl espied a free chair near one of the windows. She did not walk to it as much as strode, a less than feminine stride that didn't work with the simple white skirt. She grunted, paused to straighten it out again, and settled into her seat. Sharding dresses! the Seafolk girl thought irritatedly, tucking a beaded braid behind her ear in  before it hung in her face.

"I am sorry, but I would not know the first thing to ask, right now," she told the teacher. Bands of color. Ah, right. An Accepted. "When the class begins, then I will have questions."

Katiana balled her hands into fists and then pressed them against her mouth to stifle the scream she let out.  She knew such behavior was unsavory and not befitting one of her standing, but this place was just too much to deal with sometimes and this was one of those times.  She felt a little bit better after the scream and hoped that she had stifled enough that she wouldn't end up visiting that witch again today.

She shoved the door open and saw the room she was supposed to report to for her first lessons already inhabited.  Oh, Light! Was she late to this class too?  Katiana had to school her expression into a mildly apologetic one and then dropped into a chair close to the door and as far from the power-wielding witch who was supposed to teach her how to become an Aes Sedai.

There was no use fighting it, she could channel and that had changed her whole life.  She wouldn't be able to go back to the handsome Lord Terava, the man had broken off their relationship on the day of their wedding because of that blue-shawled busybody and she didn't have anything to go back to.

She took a steadying breath and laced her fingers delicately together atop the desk and made direct eye contact with the freakishly tall woman in the banded dress. "What?"  She scowled lightly and then reminded herself that she was going to learn to channel and didn't have much say about it. "Lady Katiana Lucia Carreras ne Terava."  She spoke the name with cold authority, even though she was not enrolled by that surname and had been robbed of the right to use it.

Lady Katiana

Noblesse O-bite-me.

OOC: Right people, actual classes start here. Since this OP Class Req is cut into four threads, you only need to post at least once with a 250 word post, though i'd always encourage more of course ^^.

IC:

Jerinia gave a relieved smile when the door opened, showing another Novice that was to attend her class, but judging by the scowl she wasn't all too happy about it. There had been several Novices like her back when she was still one herself, but Larindhra had managed to set straight most of them. The ones she couldn't had long since left. Still, hearing the name Katiana gave made her frown however, and she pulled the list in front of her again before grabbing a feather and some ink.

- "Hm? That's odd... Oh well. 'Ne Terava', is that with one or two r's? Right, thanks."

After correcting the name on the attendancy list, she put the feather back in the inkwell and looked at her students. One was her Mintee, another tried to make herself small like a frightened little bird, the third one appeared to be having as much trouble to adjust to the Novice dresses as she had back in the day and the fourth... Well, she'd learn to settle in a bit during the course of the lessons. Hopefully. Still, she stood up and walked around her desk, allowing her students a clear view of her.

- "Well, greetings all of you, welcome to the White Tower. I'm Jerinia Zaralyn from Malkier, and i've been assigned to help you learn the basics of channeling saidar so that you may become Aes Sedai as well one day... And maybe teach a class or two in the process. As i mentioned earlier, if any of you has questions feel free to ask them."

Breaking the ice was hard, she knew, but hoped a joke would get the others to relax a bit, and feel more comfortable with what they had found out they were capable of doing. It was enough to turn their lives upside down, as it had for her and everyone else in the Tower. Including the Warders, come to think of it, and they couldn't even channel.

- "Right, the first lesson will be knowing how to embrace saidar. Before we start however, i'd like you to please keep in mind that, like with everything, there are certain dangers involved. While your potential ability to channel is undoubtedly there or you wouldn't be here in this classroom, it's not like you'll have access to all of it yet. It needs to be refined, cultivated before you can manage even the simplest of weaves. Draw in too much, try to weave beyond your ability, and you risk burning yourself out. What this means is that you permanently lose the ability to channel, and you will be put out of the Tower with enough silver to support you for a year. So please, don't try to do anything fancy without Aes Sedai supervision, okay?"

She looked around at the various people present, waiting a few seconds to make sure the information sank in. She had seen too many Novices, friends even, be put out of the Tower for overestimating their own ability, ruining years of training with a second of carelessness. She left out the part about weaves getting out of control, it wasn't yet important at this point anyway, though she made a mental note to bring it up in one of the next classes.

- "Now, there is more, but i want to have you experience what it's like to even do as much as hold saidar, so you know what the true danger is. All of you, close your eyes for a second, and imagine a flower. Any type of flower will do, really. Now start to breathe slowly, thinking 'calm' when breathing in, and 'relaxed' when breathing out. ... Good. Imagine yourselves as being the flower, opening softly to the first rays of sunlight. Allow it in, the gentle carress of the light, as your petals start opening..."

Her voice was warm and soothing, attempting to emulate how Larindhra had talked to her back in her Novice days during this very same class. Still, she suspected the Mistress of Novices to have a couple of shields woven in case things were threatening to get out of hand. If someone should manage to touch the Source, she'd place a hand on the girl's shoulder to deliberately break her concentration, and softly tell her to wait until the others would be ready. In more urgent cases she'd shield them before placing a hand on their shoulder, but given the amount of students it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Great Teacher Jerinia

Almost, but not quite, just like an Aes Sedai

"What this means is that you permanently lose the ability to channel,"

Katiana sat bolt upright in her seat, eager hopefulness changing her features, surprise dominating her expression.  She probably looked agitated and shocked, but what she was feeling, or just beginning to feel, was pure joy. There is a cure for channeling!  If she could just grab hold of this Saidar and then draw in as much of the wretched substance as she could, the thought sent a shiver down her spine that would likely be misinterpreted as fear, then she could fix the ability to channel and she would be able to go back home and return to Lord Terava and become his bride!

So excited was she that she barely heard the rest of Jerinia's warning and when bidden to do so, she closed her eyes tightly and imagined a lovely yellow rose, much like the ones that had peppered her bridal bouquet, and swiftly sped through the process of it opening up to the sun.  She waited, and waited, forcing the rose to open and take in the sun or whatever it was, but felt nothing whatsoever.  By Jerinia's tone, she had expected to be able to know when she had grabbed Saidar and she opened one eye to peek at her teacher to see if there was any reaction.  When she saw only patient waiting in the Accepted she gave a huffed sigh and closed her eye again.

She took a deep steadying breath and tried to listen to Jerinia drone on, but it was all so boring!  She wanted to be done with this whole thing and go back home, and if the best way to escape this place was burning herself out, she wanted to get on with it.  She envisioned the rose again and tried to let the light warm the blossom into opening, but she grew impatient with each repetition and forced the imagined rose to blossom by her will, not the Light's.

Katiana Carreras

Going about this the wrong way.

The moment the girl sat down Satin, reassessed her. She was far to dark of flesh to be from Tear. She must be from another area. Perhaps, Seafolk? Ah... Class instruction was just beginning.

Embracing Saidar... she had heard that term from a few Novices before now. She would try but...

She closed her eyes, she imagined a deep pink rose. She further imagined dew drops on the stem and peddal. Calm... relax... in and out she breathed slowly. She felt her hands slipping from the desktop and had to regain control all over again. She moved her hands to her lap as not to have a single distraction.

What was that noise? She peeped open her right eye. The timid girl beside her was making such aweful noises. Strangling and whimpering. Satin hoped no one else could hear it.

She shifted in her chair again and threw her entire soul into the void.

The pink rose. Its peddles so tight against one another. Silence fill her head and the beat of her heart began to slow and drawing air through her nose became its own sound of comfort. She was alone with the rose in the pitch black. It shown like a beacon of bright pink as the color intensified. The first peddle bagan to shift and then, another. She could feel her chest rise and fall slowly. But something else was happening. The rose was beginning to change color. Was that supposed to happen?

The rose turned blackish red and the dew on the rose changed to a bloody drop. As the blood began to seep down the rose's stem, Satin jolted out of the trance.

Here eyes were as wide as tea saucers. She tried to recover her vision, leaving such a black space, coming back into the light.

She exhaled deeply. What... what was that? The frown on her face didn't reveal much to anyone looking at her. She didn't betray her real feelings.

After a few moments, she began again. This was class and so she must get on with it. She moved her head around to relax her neck and began all over again.

OOC: Way to take my idea, Q! :P :D  :-*

Her ears perked up as the Tairen girl announced herself. A Tairen noble? From her tone, she seemed about as pleased to be here as Allri was. Except more angry. Much more angry. She would have to talk to this girl later when they had the chance. Maybe between them and a similar motive, they could get out of this Light Forsaken place.

Allri tried her best to ignore the Accepted. From the snatches she heard, it was the same thing she had been taught by Solia Sedai. It didn't matter who it came from. She didn't want to channel. She squeezed her eyes shut as tightly as possible and covered her head with her arms. Block out the blasphemy. It was all blasphemy against the Light. The Light and the Creator.

Catching glimpses of the instructions, she gathered that the other fool girls were trying that flower exercise. She shuddered. Twice now she had embraced the One Power. For the short time she felt it, it did feel like new life. That is why she should not touch it. It was the Creator's alone, not hers. Peeking out between her arms, she saw Jerenia looking at her with the oddest of looks. She gave off a squeak and buried her head further into her arms.

Allrianne Viventi

Not making it easy on Jerenia

Kembial closed her eyes. A flower, eh? A light purple anemone bloom came to mind; she'd remembered seeing that in a vase of flowers in the Sailmistress' cabin one day, sent as part of the gift of passage by a boarder. It'd been such an unusual color, the memory of it'd stayed with her till today.

So. The anemone bloom. She imagined herself standing on the deck of her home ship, twirling the flower in one hand as the sun slowly rose in the east. She took a breath, forcing her hands to unclench from her skirts as the sun rose higher in her mind, rays skimming over the ship's side, reaching out towards her and the bloom. Out. In. Calm. Relaxed.

A tendril of sun touched the bloom, and she willed it to open.

And...nothing.

If she had channeled anything, she definitely had not felt it. After a moment, she cracked open one eye to peer at the Accepted watching them all, checking for any sort of sign that she'd succeeded. When no such assurance seemed to be coming, she sighed, and tried again.

This time Kembial concentrated on the flower itself, blocking out the images of the ship, the deck beneath her feet, the wind-tossed sea. Those were probably distracting her, but it was hard to just imagine a flower without context! The young novice narrowed her focus down to the single purple bloom, closed once more.

Imagine yourself as the flower. That made no sense, but the Sea Folk girl tried anyway. Imagine it opening to the first rays of sun. She saw the bloom unfold and expand in her mind's eye, taking in the sun peeking through the clouds.

And for a moment...she felt it. Something similar to what she'd felt that day when she'd been tested in the Mistress of Novices' office, but the instant she focused on that to study it, it vanished like seaspray on the hottest of days.

... relaxed, calm, relaxed, calm, rela... There is was. The rose was fluidly being embraced by the smallest tendril of liquid sun. It slowly danced caressed each flower petals edge. It was like milk and honey at the same time, in the glowing warmth of the sun's light. It bathed the rose like a lover's glove.

But still, it felt far away from her and not a part of anything about her. She couldn't feel it like she has before. Her concentration went deeper and she, in her mind, reached her soul out to the flower.

The image waiverd, for a moment...  then it pulsed as she drew nearer. The ecstacy of it's potiential was near enough to make her laugh out loud. Something she had done less times in her life than smile.

Jerinia looked around at the students of her class, realising that this... was going to be tougher than she had anticipated. Though her own first class was nothing short of disastrous -- several people channeling, and she had actually set fire to one of her chores -- having someone in her class be afraid to channel was just something she'd have to work with. Satin and Kembial were close to it now, Katiana certainly had the enthousiasm to learn and Allrianne... she would need to have a talk with her later on if this kept up.

She started to walk to her desk when she felt something coming from Satin, causing her to walk to her Mintee first to place a hand on her shoulder. Leaning over to her so as not to disturb the others, she whispered in her ear, though she would still be clearly heard by the Mayener.

- "Relax, you did great. Now, try to remember what it felt like and wait for the others to finish as well."

Giving her a wink, Jerinia patted her on the shoulder before walking away again, her attention on the others in her class again. She decided to wait a bit longer before talking to Allrianne, maybe something in her past happened to make her afraid of channeling? Satin had reminded her that she would still keep an eye open for her other students though, so she'd have to make that her priority for now.

Great Teacher Jerinia

Looks out for her students

Katiana tried and tried, her emotions wrapping themselves up tighter and tigheter in a desperate plea to be able to take the source, to be able to draw on this sunlight, whatever it was, and let its healing light cure her of that which she never wished to have.  Her fists tightened into balls on her lap and her face was a deep scowl of concentration and mounting anger.  With a sudden scream of pure fury she crossed her arms on the desk and dropped her face to them and sobbed.  She couldn't do it.  They told her she could channel and she'd even managed to fail at this, as she had failed at her marriage before it even began.  When she felt someone beside her she reached out and shoved the Accepted back, not wanting comfort or care from one of those horrid women who had done this to her, had put her into this position.

Crying was cathartic, as it usually is, and it released the pent up emotions.  With her eyes still closed and the tears streaming out amidst rather unladylike sniffles and sobs, she still envisioned the yellow rose and she pleaded with it, rather than forcing it, to open up to the light.  She imagined it covered in sparkling tears like dew drops, giving over her own pain and resentment.  She focused on each drop of water, salty like the tears she could taste at the corners of her mouth, and thought about how sunlight dries up the dew.  Her storm of emotions had been violent but relatively brief, and she lay with her head on the desk mostly silent, ignoring the rest of the classroom around her.

And just as she gave up her emotions and simply watched the rose, it started to unfurl.  She actually felt the warmth of the light instead of merely imagining it asa visual aspect.  She was the rose, and as she relaxed and submitted, she felt the warm light of Saidar smoothing her emotions and comforting her.  It was the most amazing and incredible sensation she could even imagine.  She sat still at her desk, hardly even breathing, as she embraced the source and held it.  Her fear of it was muted and she didn't even have a thought of drawing as much as she could pull of it until Jerinia's hand fell on her shoulder again.  It snapped her out of whatever spell the seductive Saidar had cast upon her and she sat bolt upright and stared at Jerinia as the source left her in a sudden rush of emotion.

"I had it!  I had it, you blasted fool of a witch!  I was very nearly clear of this curse and you ruined everything, you Aes Sedai always ruin everything!" Katiana shot to her feet and screamed in fury as she slapped Jerinia and then turned to run from the room.

Katiana Carreras

Will be seeing Larindhra soon

Katiana wouldn't get far however, because as soon as Jerinia recovered from the unexpected slap she channeled Air, and Katiana found herself suspended in midair. Though still an Accepted, her strength in Air and Fire were already starting to form, twhich honestly came in useful at times like this.

- "Now you listen to me, Lady Katiana Lucia Carreras ne Terava! Correct, you had it. And, like i told you from the start, i'd make sure you didn't actually burn yourself out, having you experience for yourselves how seductive channeling is, how it beckons you to draw in all of it, to immerse yourself in what feels like the Light itself."

She planted her hands in her sides, looking more upset than angry at Katiana, still facing her as she appeared to stand upside down on the ceiling. Her face was starting to turn red from the blood flowing to her head, but it would be an inconvenience to her at best, especially cosidering te short amount of time it took her to finish her lecture.

- "You see, burning yourself out is the least that can happen. You could end up injuring, even killing yourself, or others near you, even if you don't mean to. Oh, you could leave the Tower and return home, not knowing how to control your ability. One slip, and someone close to you could die. One slip, and the Children of the Light will arrest and torture you. One slip, for doing something you were born with."

She looked around, gesturing at the room, the other students, and the Tower as a whole, before turning back to the rest of class. hough she was speaking in general, she was still holding on to Katiana with her weave. From their position, the other students would be able to see a red handprint start to form on Jerinia's cheek, but the Accepted didn't seem to pay much attention to it. She had been through much worse at the hands of Larindhra Sedai back when she was a Novice to be bothered by something like that.

- "This, all of this, isn't about power, it never has been. It's about control, mastering your inborn ability to keep it from spinning out of control. With the right skill, you could Heal anything short of death itself, douse the flames of a burning building, make crops grow when there's a drought. You could also set fire to that house with it, destroy rather than create, but as you will learn later on there are life Oaths placed on them that no Aes Sedai is capable of breaking that means they can only attack and kill Shadowspawn with it."

She walked back to her desk, grabbing a piece of parchment that the names of her students were written on. Katiana was released, and gently floated down to the ground where she would need to hold on to a desk to catch her breath.

- "Now then, since you are in a hurry to leave, you will drop by the Mistress of Novices on the way. You will explain what happened here, and request a penance, and if you leave things out i will double it myself. I have overlooked your tardyness, i have been patient, and would even have forgiven your outburst just now as well since you were upset. But slapping your teachers is something i will not tolerate."

As Katiana left, Jerinia shook her head, taking a deep breath. As much as she had wanted to keep from sending one of her students to Larindhra only a short while into her first class, here she was doing that very thing. Looking at the list again, she could be heard mumbling the names to herself before putting the parchment down and looking at the remaining three students.

- "Right, that was more or less what i'd wanted to say after you touched the Source, after you discovered firsthand what it felt like. Saidar isn't inherently evil, nor is it necessarily good. What it ends up doing is what its wielder wants it to do, but as with anything powerful the threat of losing control is always there, and the consequences severe. That is why Novices aren't allowed to channel unsupervised. Kembial, Allrianne, you two still need to touch the Source, let's see how you do."

She cast another worried glance at Allrianne, realising the girl was threatening to develop a block if she kept this up. She'd really have to have a talk with her in private at the end of class...

Great Teacher Jerinia

Just got a bit angry

The sudden outburst launched Allrianne at least a foot off her desk. She looked at her teacher reprimanding the Tairen and shrunk into her seat. These women were worse than she expected. And as she spoke about the horrible effects of not controlling saidar, fear coursed her veins. She was becoming more convinced she should not touch it. But what was that about it not being inherently evil or good...

She almost jumped again when her name was called. And as she was looked at, she felt like she was being violated. Like Jerenia was undressing her with her eyes, but in an evil, torturous, Darkfriend way. She managed to bring her knees up to her face and wrapped her arms around them. It was literally the fetal position sitting on a chair. In a dress, this is difficult.

She started sobbing while gently rocking on her seat. Every once in a while, though her muted sobs, you would hear a "I don't want to channel. I walk in the Light" coming from her general direction. She thought she heard someone coming, so she peered from between her knees. Sure enough, Jerenia was right beside her. She squeaked in freight and buried her face further into her thighs.

Allrianne Viventi

Indeed has a block. Have fun.

Jerinia had walked over to Allrianne, hearing her whimper about walking in the Light in between sobs, and sighed deeply. Walking over to the girl, she saw her trying to curl up into a ball, uncomfortably reminding her of a hedgehog. And from the looks of it, one with its spikes out, hoping very hard to be left alone by the big bad meanie trying to hurt it. Crouching down, she put her arm on Allrianne's desk, leaning her head on it so she looked up at where her head was behind her knees, her initial anger having left the room along with Katiana.

- "Of course you walk in the Light, I'd expect nothing less. I walk in the Light as well, all of us do. There's something i'd like to know though, if you want to tell me... Why are you so afraid of channeling?"

Her voice was gentle, almost soothing as she talked to Allrianne, tried getting her to talk about what had made her so afraid. There was no doubt that the girl had channeled before, there would be little other than being outright manhandled by the Aes Sedai that had brought her in that would cause this kind of fear. This went too far, too deep to be fear of the unknown... Yet she'd need to get her to talk about it if she was going to talk her through this.

Great Teacher Jerinia

Is trying to recruit more Mintees