DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fantasy Football Week 4

Justen Diablos

Because I enjoy beating Empy to these.

Whitecloak Warriors (2-2) vs. Boyo's Soy Bombers (4-0)

Yes I lost, and no I'm not happy about it, as newbies everywhere can attest to.  My Warriors had good days from Edge James and Santana Moss, along with a huge game from Laverneous Coles.  Wasn't enough though, as Boyo's team is a machine, the whole team scores in the late teens or mid twenties.  He's currently leading the league in points scored by almost fifty over the second highest scorer (The Whitecloak Warriors by the by. *nods*) and looks unstoppable.  The only salve in any of this is that the bombers will probably go undefeated through the reg season and then get beaten in the second round of the playoffs.  *Channels Nelson* Ha ha.  Anyway the Bombers rocked the Warriors 127 to 111 (Corki/Emp/Hax/Boyo all picked this game right while JD picked it wrong (I can't bet against my own team, what am I Pete Rose?))

Corki's No Hopes (1-3) vs. Karana's Crusaders (2-2)

You know once upon a time I touted Karana's squad as the best in the league.  Um, not today.  Starting Carson Palmer probably didn't help.  Of course her whole team underperformed (Marion Barber scored three points).  For the No Hopes Jason Campbell had a good day at QB, throw in a couple good games from Derrick Mason and Jamaal Lewis and the No Hopes cruised to a pretty easy win of the Crusaders 95 to 58.  (Corki picked this game right while Emp/Hax/JD all picked this game wrong)

Emperor's Egomaniacs (3-1) vs. Hax's Hussies (0-4)

Oh the curse of Tom Brady continues.  Hax doesn't look like he'll ever win. Brian Griese (how did things get that bad at QB Hax?) looked horrible, fantasy stud Andre Johnson looked bad, Fred Taylor and Thomas Jones both looked bad, my fellow South Dakotan Adam (used to be a male stripper out in Rapid City SD) Vinatieri was on a bye but I suppose it wasn't the worst idea for Hax to just take a hit this week rather than pick up another kicker for the week.  I mean really, what would have been the point.  The Egomaniacs looked good, the recievers performed, Cutler played another good game, and running back Earnest Graham continues to produce and Empy beat the hapless hussies (and feels way too good about himself over it) 101 to 65 (65.99 actually, but I round down).  (Empy/JD/Corki/Hax (c'mon Hax, you can't pick against your own team, even if you know you're going to lose) all picked this game right)

ibleedorange (0-4) vs. The Yard Chiefs (2-2)

The Yard Chiefs are on a roll.  Amazing how that can happen when Larry Johnson decides to play like Larry Johnson eh?  Also the benching of many of the chiefs and replacement with solid players like QB Trent Edwards also helped.  Though technically the actual Chiefs team had a field day this week so that helped too.  ibleedorange...yeah, sorry dude.  I mean it looks like a good team to start the year.  TJ whateverhisnameis and Chad Johnson, Derek Anderson, Kellen Winslow, Steven Jackson.  All good picks to begin the year...now, not so much.  The Yard Chiefs win despite a huge night by the Steeler defense in a comeback effort 111 to 101. (Corki/Yard Chiefs guy(?) picked this game right while JD/Emp/Hax/ibleedorangeguy(?) picked this game wrong)

Seggie's Sithlords (1-3) vs.  Kynwric's Ghosts (4-0)

Seggie's played a tough schedule to start this year.  Of course this loss didn't have much to do with who he was playing.  His team just didn't score.  I mean Romo/Owens/Boldin all had good days but the rest of his team combined didn't score anything really.    Kynwric continues to get good production from the majority of his team plus...LT...is back people.  Tomlinson had a good day, and his resurgence might just be enough to make sure Kyn never loses.  The Ghosts beat the Lords of the Sith 119 to 85.  (JD/Corki picked this game right while Emp/Seggie picked this game wrong)

Game of the Week

Paityr's Pickles (2-2) vs.  JD's Sucker Punchers (3-1)

This game was 96 to 95 according to the yahoo website going into Monday Night (though there must have been some form of stat correction for the sucker punchers somewhere because his score increased quite a bit) and it looked like it would come down to who had the better night Santonio Holmes or Hines Ward.  Well, Holmes got the touchdown and the Sucker Punchers beat the Pickles in a game that was much closer than it ended up.  Both teams have outstanding RB's and decent wide outs, the difference in the Game was probably Brees going for thirty this weekend.  Sucker Punchers beat the Pickles 122 to 101 (still not sure where like fifteen points came from between monday morning and monday night) um (Corki/Empy/JD/Hax all picked this game right)

All in all it was an interesting week.  The two undefeated's remained undefeated.  Emp and JD (not JD) went to 3-1 while Pait/JD (the real JD (ie. me))/Karana/The Yard Chiefs are all in the middle of the pack at 2-2.  Since the playoffs only have six teams this is where the real battle will take place.  I'm currently well placed because my team is second in the league in points scored so I have a pretty good tiebreaker going for me.  Seggie and Corki are both 1-3 (though Corki picked every single game right this week so I guess he's got that going for him) and Hax and ibleedorange are still winless (and might continue to be so until they play each other, then someone has to win I guess (maybe they'll tie)).

Outlook for next week.

My Whitecloaks will take on Pait's Pickles. No matter what happens we'll cuddle afterwards and it'll be okay. *nods*  :P  Anyway I'm going to pick me in this one, because my team is coming together (and back from their bye week thank God) and Pait's RB's (the bread and butter of his team) have tough games (Gore playes NE and Portis plays division rival Philly) so I'm going to call this one for me (I mean who am I Pete Rose? (and yes I know Rose never bet against the Reds, just putting it out there, not trying to be all factual and stuff))

Karana's crusaders play Kyn's undefeated Ghost's next week.  Since Miss Karana's team looked really bad this week I see no reason to have any confidence in her to beat the powerhouse Ghosts, especially since Braylon Edwards will be on by this week.  The Ghosts should win this game and go to five and 0.

For the second week in a row Empy gets to beat up on an opponent who'll put up no fight whatsoever, as the other 0-4 team comes to call in ibleedorange.  And for the second week in a row his opponent will have half their team out for a bye (the Browns have a bye this weekend so no Derek Anderson or Kellen Winslow).  I can't imagine Empy losing this one so the Egomaniacs should hit 4-1.

Larry Johnson looks good, the Yard Chiefs look good.  Unfortunately he's now going to get tested by playing against the best team in the league the Bombers of Senior Boyo.  Basically the team that scored more points than any other this week (the Bombers) is welcoming back one of the premier RB's in the league (Joseph Addai) so he'll probably put up even more this week.  I'm going to give this one to the Bombers (and continue to do so until he loses) and call this one for Soy.  5-0 anyone?

Seggie really did look aweful in week four.  And then Hax comes to town.  Hooray(exclamation point)  I think Seggie will manage to bounce back this week and beat Hax (much like Soy I'm going to keep picking Hax to lose until he actually pulls out a victory).  So we'll give this one to the Sithlords (plus TO and Romo are playing the Bengals this week in what could be a shoot out (or not I guess, since it didn't happen between Cleveland and Cincy))

Game of the week candidate I think will be JD's Sucker punchers against Corki's no hopes.  The no hopes did get their first win this last week and now Peyton Manning and laurence Maroney are back from bye's.  Throw in Reggie Bush just having an amazing fantasy season and the No Hopes will be competetive against a very good Sucker Puncher's team.  Brees might have a tough game against the Min defense (then again he might not) but Purple Jesus (Adrian Peterson) should be able to run on NO.  *shrugs*  I mean it all comes down to who I'd rather see win as to who I'll pick.  One guy stole my name and the other one feels the need to curse me publically. 

I got nothing.

Call it push.

JD,

'Chan

Damn it!  I was about to jump on this.  But I like reading what you write as well.

Pait might be putting in Ronnie Brown.  I am awaiting his reply to tell me what to do. 

My bro did make 26 points on Monday night compared to Pait's piddly 5.

I am going to crush F Horn this week.  I may even put in some of my bad players to make it more fun.

I saw Hax takes it down this week and Sham (Chief fan) continues his winning steak.

When DID Karana's team get so bad?  The Moose pick up was genius. 

You beat me by one point...

dipsh*t.

:P

Hey trade me one of those backs by the way.  I'd prefer Portis but I'll take Gore if you want, and I'll give you whatever you want for em.  Pick a reciever, pick a RB, pick one of each (two for one works for me).  Whatever you need Pait.

JD,

Loser

win = womp

Points are irrelevant.  :P  ;D

And I wasn't quite accurate with my last post. I didn't need to play my THREE highest scoring players to beat you.

Neener neener!

*added*

You know, I just realized something else. If all I had played this week were those three aforementioned players that sat on my bench, I STILL would have beat you by 11 points.

Paityr

Womping JD since before he was born

Archived