DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fantasy Football Week 3

Justen Diablos

Because I can.

First up lets do a recap of week three.

Whitecloak Warriors (2-1) vs. ibleedorange (0-3)

T.J. Housh... yada yada yada had a big day but otherwise the entire 'orange' team fell short.  Apparantly already giving up 'orange' started Justin Fargas even though he's been injured.  Not that it would have mattered.  My Warriors are on a roll right now riding Philip Rivers league leading touchdown tosses and two more outstanding performances from Julius Jones and Santana Moss the Whitecloaks roll 113-65.  Corki/Emp/Myself all accurately picked this game

Hax's Hussies (0-3) vs. Yard Chiefs (1-2)

Hax... dude.  Without Tom Brady the hussies just look lost and alone in a world that hates them.  There wasn't one solid performance from a single hussy.  On the other hand the Yard Chiefs had good days from Trent Edwards (not a Chief) Felix Jones (not a Chief) and the Philadelphia Defense (none of whom are Chiefs) and the Yard Chiefs finally took a stand against sucking balls and pimp slapped those hussies 85 to 66.  Corki/Empy/Myself all picked this game wrong

Emperor's Egomaniacs (2-1) vs.  Kynwric's Ghosts (3-0)

Aside from Jay Cutler the Egomaniacs did nothing to advance the ego of anyone.  Looking bad from top to bottom Empy's squad got smacked around without much of a real good day from the Ghosts.  Aaron Rodgers continues to play well, as does rookie running back Matt Forte.  The others on the team just showing up and dressing was enough to win this otherwise unimpressive game.  The Ghosts pop Empy's loser cherry and defeat the Egomaniacs 92 to 73 in a game that didn't look like two undefeated teams going at it. Empy/Corki/Myself all picked this game wrong

Boyo's Soy Bombers (3-0) vs. JD's Sucker Punchers (2-1)

Boyo's team looks really good right now.  With old Kurt Warner still throwing the ball all over the place and the two backs racking up over fifty a game it's sick when Boyo can showcase a receiver of Fitzgerald's skill as well.  Then his defense scores over twenty.  No chance for anyone.  JD's sucker punchers didn't play bad Brees looked good and Roddy White looked great considering it was...Roddy White, but still he lost to the Bombers a whopping 143 to 95.  Empy/Corki picked this game while your boy JD picked this game wrong

Seggie's Sithlords (1-2) vs.  Karana's Crusaders (2-1)

Oh Carson Palmer how we love your re-emergance as a fantasy baller.  Add this to Karana's exceptional running back play and the fact that Karana has the one Chief that doesn't suck (Bowe) and he outscored fantasy studs T.O. and Boldin combined (10.3 to 10.2) it was destined to happen.  Romo was no good, Parker was no good, McFadden was no good.  From a feast of points last week to Seggie's closest relatives disowning him in embarrasment this week the Sithlords fall to the Crusader's 110 to 65.  Empy/Corki/Myself all picked this game wrong while the lovely Karana called her shot and picked this game.

Game of the Week

By Default more than anything else because it was technically the closest.

Paityr's Pickles (1-2) vs. Corki's No Hopes (0-3)

Paityr has ungodly good backs on his team.  The fact that he never seems to check in on his team seems not to matter, it looks like they can win without him.  For the No Hopes Reggie Bush was game, but a dissapointing performance from Peyton Manning left them just a touch short.  Paityr picks up his first win 96 to 86.  Corki/Myself both picked this game wrong

Meaning I picked just about every game wrong.  Shows what I know huh.  Anyway lets do a quick check on next week. 

This week my Warriors will take on the mighty Bombers of Soy Boyo.  Since Randy Moss/Marvin Harrison/ and Julius Jones are all having a bye week at the same time I can't imagine winning this game, even taking into acount Addai is off for the Bombers.  I'll give this one to Soy though I might be game enough to keep it within twenty.

Corki's No Hopes will face off against Karana's Crusaders and while Corki will be sans Peyton Manning Karana will be without Dallas Clark and Plax Burress.  I'd be hard pressed to pick against Karana here in any case, so I imagine she'll pull up to three and one.

Emperor's egomaniacs will take on Hax's Hussies in a battle of two teams who were absolutely aweful in week three.  Empy doesn't have any of his starting line-up on bye this week but with how they were playing I don't know if that's a good thing or not.  Hax is still pretty hapless though without Tom Brady so I'll have to pick my boy Empy to take this one in a squeeker (or a rout, one of the two).

ibleedorange against the Yard Chiefs.   I have no desire to recap this game, nor pick a winner.  The Yard Chiefs are on sort of a roll right now coming off their first win but ibleedorange is eventually going to see a good game or two from some of the studs on that team (kellen Winslow/Chad Johnson).  How about this, you all remember what happens when the Browns and Bengals play against each other right? If you answered Points/points/more points you're right.  And since they're playing this week I'll call it 'orange'.

Paity's Pickles vs. JD's Sucker punchers.  Pait's got fantasy beasts on his team in Gore and Portis and he really doesn't even need to be around to coach this team.  If McNabb has a good day I think Pait will win this one, otherwise Emp's brother has a good team as well, so he could easily take it.  This could be the game of the week, but I find it hard to hand it over to this game since Pait is such an absentee coach.  In any case I think I'll call this game for the Sucker Punchers, because his players have better matchups.  Still could be very close.

Sithlords vs. Ghosts.  The ghosts are three and 0 and the sithlords are just one and two but I still think this one will be close.  Seggie's team is good, they're just not playing well just yet, Kyn's team is skating past opponents but doing so on the backs of Forte and Rodgers.  Rookies are great, especially rookie quarterbacks...until the rest of the league's defenses have three or four weeks of game tape to look over and then they tend to...fall off.  This will eventually happen to the Ghost's studs, but maybe not this soon.  I'll call this one Ghosts since Seggie's Sithlords have a tough run with Dallas playing Washington this week.

/end thoughts

JD,

2-1

I hate the Chiefs, they ruined my season. I'm still trying to put together good starting line-ups every week, but my limited knowledge of the NFL generally doesn't extend to the people who are Free Agents or on the Waivers, so I'm mostly guessing. I'm guessing I'll be 0-4 next week.

argh! I hate not having the internets at home. I can't access my team at all. Ronnie Brown is on my team? Did he do well this weekend or something?

see? That's how out of touch i am with ff this season. Can't check it at home, can't check it at work (the Dept of Interior has declared Yahoo FF as an 'inappropriate' site), and it doesn't work on my phone.

*sigh*

i suppose i could drive an hour to the library and check my team, but i'm just not that motivated. Empy, could you use your commish powers to act as my proxy this week? You could email me an image of my roster (with week 4 point predictions visible) and an image of my matchup? Then i could tell you who to bench and who to play.

you rock.

Archived