DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wikipedia

Vassili

Maybe Aginor started trying to draw on the True Power as well, once he realized he wasn't strong enough to stop Rand from drawing on the Eye?

In addition to what Luckers said, there is a bit of a misconception here. You imply that Aginor was drawing more and more from the Eye in an attempt to stop Rand from drawing from it. That implies some sort of intent in his actions. There was none. He wanted the Eye all to himself. He was trying to draw all of the Eye at once just so that Rand couldn't have any of it. He wasn't trying to get Rand to draw more and more of it. His words speak of madness rather than an intent to goad Rand into drawing more.

I think it doubtful Aginor even knew that Rand was special. If anything, he was just surprised Rand could channel. He had no reason to try to get Rand to draw more and more on the Power to burn himself out.

He doesn't do that much. Especially because the earlier books came out 15 years ago so the editors had plenty of time to make corrections on reprints.

Unless, like myself, you are still reading the first editions from oh so many years ago. I have found myself arguing quotes from older books only to find the other person is on a much newer reprint that RJ and the editors have corrected. Used to be a thread somewhere that listed errors in the book but I haven't seen it lately. Could have been on a different site too.

Seriously gets everything about this series wrong. Did the people who wrote it up even read the series?

Yes, cheers, four times in the last 13 years ;)

Snigger... that's almost as good as the awkward moment when I went to the Last Laugh Comedy Club in sheffield the other week. There was a woman in the front row in a rather flamboyant dress who was heckling the comedian. He made some jokes at her expense and then got onto the subject of children. He discovered she'd got a 15 year old daughter and said "So Madam, any idea where your daughter is while you're here tonight? Is she on some street corner with a bottle of White Lightening, perhaps, or do you just not really know?"

The woman replied "Well she's in a wheelchair with spinabifida so I hope she's still at home with the carer..."

;)

Archived