DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Red Ajah disbanding

Gholam

I still think they should disband.  Bonding ashamen should not be the basis of an ajah.  It just seems a weak focal point of a whole ajah.  Also, other ajahs have bonded ashamen so it can't even be something specific to the red ajah.

With TG just around the corner, a lot of things are about to change. What says that there will be any Ajahs left afterwards? Or if they still exist, will they keep their current purpose? The Green Ajah faces massive unemployment in that case, once the last rubble of shadowspawn has been cleared out.

And what about the Asha'man? They need to be organised in a new way, that is not focused on creating weapons for TG.

Add to that Egwenes plans to allow aging sisters to retire into the Kin, as well as the "discovery" of the channeling abilities of Windfinders and Wise Ones, plus quite possibly a bunch of freed damane that needs some massive reprogramming, and we have a community of channelers that faces a great deal of upheaval.

Although if the Ajahs stay, I think it would be quite easy for the Reds to find a new task; policing. All they have to do is shift hunting down male channelers to hunting down criminals.

there's already a thread about this but the red ajah is already bonding asha'men. They don't have to be the only ones, like the greens are the most common ajah to get married but that doesn't me other Aes Sedai cant get married. Also that wont be their only purpose, they will also help bring the black and white towers together and also conduct relations between the  like diplomats...

this is pretty obvious.  The Red Ajah is going to disband.  There is no reason for them to exist anymore.  There is no more taint, and besides, there is the rumor that they are Black Ajah going along Randland.

Depends on what you view the Red Ajah's purpose as.  You seem to believe that it's gentling men who can channel to prevent a Breaking.  Pevara and Tarna interpret it more broadly: dealing with men who can channel.  They probably don't know the Taint is cleaned (I used to believe they did, but I was convinced otherwise in another recent thread) and even so, they still believe they're the best to deal with the Asha'man.  Who else is there?

Archived