DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Chipping Away at the Wedge (Attn: Kabria)

Sieve

There was no need for words. Kabria smiled at Perivar and stood up, turning back around to help pull him to his feet. In silence she paid for their meal and linked her arm through his leading him back through the streets. A small smile played on her lips, and everytime Perivar glanced her way she blushed. By the direction she’d taken he had to know what she intended, but that did not make her face any less red.

Interlacing her fingers through his she led him up the three flights of stairs and back into their room. She was glad for the relative dark that the drawn curtains provided because her face was three shades of crimson when she led him into the bed room and shoved him towards the bed.

There was reckless abandon and then their was Kabria and how she was able to behave as she kept Perivar occupied well into the dinner hour.

His mischievous grin had been intended as a playful gesture rather than an actual suggestion.  Going by the smile that Kabria gave him before standing up and pulling him to his feet it seemed as if she took it literally.  He was more than happy to go along with it though he suddenly felt foolish.  He was unsure if Kabria was doing it for him or if she herself really wanted to be alone with him again.  Arm in arm she led him out into the street then in the direction of the bookstore. 

Perhaps she was just playing around with him and would go somewhere other than there room.  Maybe she wanted to go back and begin reading one of the books she purchased earlier.  He actually did not care, he just wanted to be with her.  By the the way she blushed whenever he glanced her way he did not think she intended to go anywhere other than their room.  He did not think her plans had anything to do with a book.  Light the thought of it made his cheeks heat.

Perivar enjoyed the feeling of her hand interlaced with his as she led him up to their room.  Through the study they went without a glance at the recently purchased books which had been delivered to their rooms.  He was much larger than her though she was definately in control as she pushed him towards the bed.  There was something exhilarating about her taking charge.  His blood was coursing through his veins as she tore at his coat with reckless abandon.  Not even the slightest bit of hesitation as some of the buttons from his coat fell to the floor...

Much later Kabria's head rested on his chest as he stroked her pale blonde hair.  His stomach rumbled loudly, it had to be past dinner time though at the moment he had no thought for food.  He wanted to hold her forever and not let her out of his sight. 

Her eyes were closed and she was day dreaming about a small beach house, with no one around for miles and no responsibilities but themselves. Every since she’d laid her head on his chest she’d been replaying over and over, with tiny details changed each time. Sometimes they were both as they were now, and Aes Sedai and a Tower Guard and other times they had never even heard of Tar Valon. In a few she was with child and in other had children almost grown; one thing was always constant in each….their undying love and passion or each other.

Sometimes when she would dwell on their future too long she would begin to think about how long her life would be, and in turn how short his. She would like to think that the day he died she would lay down a die beside him. If that decision had to be faced today or even tomorrow she had no doubt which way she would choose, but the future was uncertain. Who could say would the next 50 years would bring.

Making a small noise she tried to clear her head of death and bring back the sounds of the beach and smiling faces. With her head pressed so close to his stomach she heard it rumble and she looked up and him with  smile. “Are you sure you’re not with child my love? You seem awfully hungry for just a few hours of…exercise. I thought you were in better shape than that.”

With another small laugh she poked him in the hard muscles of his stomach, poking each rib as she laughed. Caught up in the moment she only had time for a small shriek when his fingers began tickling her sides and making her giggle uncontrollably. “Stop…s-stop” she gasped between breaths. Finally he relented and she fell back on the bed trying to catch her breath. It was still some time before her laughter would fully subside. “I think that this is the best day of my life.” She said into his air as she snuggled back against him.

“I am sure by now Loraine has wondered where I have gone..and perhaps your commander has noticed your absence and you know what? I cannot bring myself to care. This has been the best day of my life, and I’ll be damned if anyone will take that from me. I finally feel content and happy.” Rolling over to look him in the eye she gave him her biggest grin.  “You’ve made me the happiest woman alive Perivar”

Perivar laughed at her comment about his appetite and him being with child.  He rose an eyebrow at her comment about his fitness.  She poked him as she laughed and teased him.  Her giggling as he tickled her was like music to his ears.  He loved seeing her like this, she truly seemed happy.  Her words echoed in his head, her words were in line with his thoughts.  He cherished the feel of her body pressed against his as she snuggled with him.  Her grin was priceless and her words from the heart sent shivers through his body.  Did he truly make her happy?  Her grin said that he did but still he wondered.  She was lovely in so many ways and so beautiful that he truly wondered how he was so lucky to have her.

He faced her propping himself up on one elbow.  He caressed her hair as he spoke while smiling lovingly into her eyes.  "These past two days have been more wonderful than I could have imagined.  I keep thinking that I will wake and find that this was just another dream.  I cannot think of a happier time in my life.  Your love is more than I could have ever hoped for.  I do not know what I have done to deserve you though I thank the Light each day that you are mine.  You have made me the happiest man alive and I am the luckiest man I know.  At the moment it is as if the world outside of this room does not exist."  It was no lie, laying with her looking into her eyes it was as if nothing else mattered.  Their time together was so precious, he would take as much of it as he could knowing that it could not last forever.

• 1 year later...