DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wolverine Sneak

Emperor

In the first twist of this year's San Diego Comic-Con, an unscheduled Hugh Jackman bonded with fans and showcased footage from next summer's prequel, X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

"Without you guys, I wouldn't have a career," Jackman told an energized crowd, who had gathered to see Keanu Reeves promote The Day the Earth Stood Still and Mark Wahlberg talk about Max Payne.

The party-crashing Jackman, muttonchops-free and just off a plane from Australia, offered a shout-out to Wolverine creator Len Wein and waded into the audience to shake hands with the comics vet.

Sneak-peek footage from the flick, due May 2009, had a few surprises as well:

Most notable were the glimpses at Wolverine's mutant costars, including Gambit (Friday Night Lights' Taylor Kitsch), Kestrel (will.i.am) and Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds). "You're going to see a lot of beserker rage," Jackman promised the jacked-up crowd, obviously hungry to see more of Wolverine's hard-to-cage anger.

The clip's money shot, according to fan reaction: Wolverine facing off against archrival Sabretooth (Liev Schreiber), and declaring, "I'm going to cut your goddamned head off. See if that works."

Yes, Hugh, in fact it does.

• Community Administrator

I don't even know who deadpool is, all I care about is finally seeing Gambit, one of the x-men that we SHOULD have seen in the orignal movies!

Well, thank goodness we didn't have to put up with that emo Jubelee, sparkles has such a pathetic power! :P

Did you see Blade Trinity.  He was the best thing about that movie.  Now imagine him in tights. 

If some unfortunate accident happens on set though, I would not be unhappy.  Then SJ would be free and she would finally submit to my wit and charm.

Was my boy double R in Trinity?  I've never seen any of the Blade's because seriously...

I mean seriously.

But if the third funniest man alive (Daniel Tosh and Myself are currently 1 and 2) is in it then I'll have to go back in time and check that out.

JD,

Lover of all things Reynolds, of the Ryan variety

Archived