DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Choedan Kal

Aztain

You seem to be mistaking two distinct things as one--just a guess, so forgive me if im wrong. Rand suffers from nausia when he takes a hold of the Source--this is a result of the link between himself and Moridin, which was formed in Shadar Logoth when their balefire weaves crossed in aCoS. His inability to control weaves and wildness of mind resulted from his use of Callandor, which is not properly buffered, and causes increases in the taint and is specific to use of that sa'angreal. Also involved was the 'wildness' around Ebou Dar caused by Elayne and Nynaeve's overstressing of the Bowl of the Winds, also specific to that specific incident in PoD... neither would affect him during the Cleansing.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rand suffers from nausia when he takes a hold of the Source--this is a result of the link between himself and Moridin, which was formed in Shadar Logoth when their balefire weaves crossed in aCoS

really? thats cool.....

so does rands nausia stop when(if) say.. mordin dies?

so does rands nausia stop when(if) say.. mordin dies?

Moridin certainly doesn't seem to think so--it's almost certain he re-issued the 'no-kill' order in KoD as a result of the link, and his concern over what would happen to him were Rand to die. And, given what happens to warders, I'd say thats a fair call.

No, to my mind its far more likely that this link will climax with the bodyswap--we know its growing stronger, and it fits all the prophecies about Rand's 'death'--the only thing to do so.

Going back on topic, can I please get a recap of all of the possibilities concerning the Choedan Kal and why the female one melted, other than the obvious fact that anything that Rand has is too awesome to melt.

8)

Personaly i think its from the way he handled the female source.. Instead of guiding it he kept forcing it and maybe thats what melted the statue?

Archived