DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Best Movie Soundtrack/Theme

Myndrunner

If we're going to pick a single song from a soundtrack, for me it's probably Annie Lennox singing "Into the West" at the conclusion of RotK. It was the perfect song to bring to a close a near perfect film trilogy of a perfect story.

As for other top soundtracks:

1. Once (there's a reason they won the Oscar for "Falling Slowly)

2. Garden State (the Shins, Simon & Garfunkel, and Imogen Heap. Need I say more? Ok, so there's also Coldplay, but I'll forgive that as a temporary lapse of judgement on the part of Zach Braff. But he's so adorable that it just doesn't matter)

3. Titanic (even I cry at the end when Celine starts to sing at the end, after Rose goes to bed and finds herself finally reunited with Jack near the clock on the grand staircase and everyone starts to clap and cheer when they kiss...  *sniffles*  I love that movie! Wait...is that supposed to mean that Rose dies that night??  *starts bawling*)

Speaking of finding the perfect song for a particular scene, it doesn't get much better than this:

Oh dear, I constantly think of new songs that deserves mentioning.

Maybe not the best, but definitly one of the most emotionally powerful songs in a film must be Billy O'Donnells version of Fields Of Athenry in Veronica Guerin.

And I just have to mention Ederlezi from Le Temps des Gitans. Goran Bregovic is a pure genious! http://youtube.com/watch?v=DwA_Zg_z-FI

Top Gun really has the best soundtrack ever. Not just Danger Zone, which makes the movie at points, but also take my breath away and playin' with the boys for the volleyball scene.

Star wars is also just amazing.

And I like the Highlander score. I think Endgame had Queen, Dust in the Wind "Kansas", and also Bonny Portmore (a beautiful song) so quit bagging on the Highlander. Those songs all fit really well with that movie/series.

Oh and I also want some love for Peter Cetera on the various Karate Kid soundtracks. He was doing it big back in the day and ya'll know you loved the Kid as much as I did.

JD,

The Highlander.

Archived