DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why is Min such an unpopular character?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very fond of Min, I would even go so far as to say that her POVs are my favourite. I can see what people mean that she's become Rand's lapdog and she doesn't have a big enough role anymore, but in all of the recent books, she was the character that really made me smile.

I think I like her because she loves Rand. She actually loves him, and she acts like it too. In KOD she's in a mood with him before the Trollocs attack, but instead of putting my teeth on edge like when Elayne is unhappy with him, I still smiled.

Of all 3 of Rand's ladyfriends, I'd go for Min anytime. It must be a tremendous comfort to Rand to know that when all else falls down, even his own sanity, Min will still love him and be there for him, no matter what. "And through it all, she offers me protection..." springs to mind. Even Rand thinks once 'If Min turned away from him, he did not know whether he could stand it.'

Perhaps my favourite moment in the whole series is at the end of KOD, when Rand accidentally brushes Min with his newly acquired arm stump. The love Rand feels from her through the bond does not waver at all.

Gotta love Min!

ILS

Min is a stump. SHe will redeem herself through Herid Fel's notes and books and then become interesting. When she shows thought aside ffrom being a love-sick sop than she'll be a character worth noting. She has potential that is why she is not totally hated by yours truly.

But man, blah. For saying she doesn't like those fluffy girls that go to mush around a guy... Min sorta has that wrapped up even though she does stick to her guns. But that strikes me as more jealousy/"my man won't be hurt by anyone other than me." mindset

She needs a fighting weapon other than knives, like how mat got his ashiendra.(how the hell do u spell that?) She could be more spirited also, I could totally see her twirling two scimitars (or a weapon of your choice) falling trollocs left and right or even fade or something like that.

That would make it more interesting don't you agree?

She needs a fighting weapon other than knives, like how mat got his ashiendra.(how the hell do u spell that?) She could be more spirited also, I could totally see her twirling two scimitars (or a weapon of your choice) falling trollocs left and right or even fade or something like that.

That sounds more like something out of Hollywood, than something that belongs in a good story. If RJ had turned Min into something like that, I think there's a good chance I would have stopped reading, and set my books on fire.

I would at least have lost all respect I have for RJ.

"She needs a fighting weapon other than knives, like how mat got his ashiendra.(how the hell do u spell that?) She could be more spirited also, I could totally see her twirling two scimitars (or a weapon of your choice) falling trollocs left and right or even fade or something like that.

That sounds more like something out of Hollywood, than something that belongs in a good story. If RJ had turned Min into something like that, I think there's a good chance I would have stopped reading, and set my books on fire.

I would at least have lost all respect I have for RJ."

What i am implying is that Min should take an more aggressive role than just being Rand's girl...say a girl that fights along side him like saldean wives

What i am implying is that Min should take an more aggressive role than just being Rand's girl...say a girl that fights along side him like saldean wives

That would be Aviendha.

Min should be just the way she is, not every single character can be this awesome super-warrior, überstrong channeler or something similar. A good story demands that some people are quite normal, otherwise...Hollywood.

artsy? philosophical? Isn't Min the tomboy?

Artsy in a way of combing through Herid Fel's books. The reader. She is looking for hints to help Rand succeed and reading between the lines. i definitely see her as a philosophical person.

She is a tomboy insomuch as she wears britches rather than dresses and kept her hair shorter than most female characters. But most of her behavior with Rand has been decidedly female to me. Avi being all warrior out to kill as a maiden was much more tomboy imho.

Archived