DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[MOVIE] The Orphanage

Haxorsist

I saw The Orphanage the other day. It's a Spanish horror movie that I noticed got some good reviews, so I had to check it out. It was a produced by Guillermo Del Toro, which reminds me I haven't seen Pan's Labyrinth yet.

Anyway, the movie follows Laura, her husband Carlos and their adoptive son Simon who have moved in to an old orphanage. Guess what? Simon has invisible friends who wants to play a game.

This movie creeped the hell out of me. It was nice to see a horror movie, where the bad guy doesn't show up with a chainsaw after 6 minutes. Yes, 6 minutes. Most of the time, not seeing the baddies and not knowing really who they are is much scarier. I almost peed myself during the Red light/Green light scene.

I also really liked the plot. There were some flaws to the plot, but they didn't bother me much. As far as horror movies go, this is the best one I've seen in a while. I highly recommend it.

This is a Fantastic movie!  Possibly one of the best thrillers in a Loooong time.  I think I may have reviewed it when I saw a special screening of it many months ago, that may be why you have it in your queue, Empy. 

This was one of the rare movies that had a point where the Entire theatre jumped in thier seats. 

There's an American version supposedly in production soon to re-make it.  That makes me kinda sad, although I DID like the American Grudge better than the original, so I dunno, it Could be better, although I just don't see how.

I thing DelTorro is a master of showing things that are disturbing without them being gorey or gratuitous.  There were a couple of instances in this movie that I don't want to give away, but I don't know any other movie maker that could have pulled them off in such an artful, Needed to See way.

Great Movie!!!

Archived