DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How is dice played?

The Dragon Champion

Can anyone tell me how dice is played? I'm aware that there are different types of dice, like two, three, four or five dice. The only dice game I know how to play is with three dice:

-roll til you get a pair, they cancel each other out, the remaining dice is your score (highest wins)

-if someone rolls three of a kind, they add together, and only a higher three of a kind or a 4,5,6 can beat them.

-If the highest score is matched, you push, re-buy in, and the die go around again.

-4,5,6- automatic win

-1,2,3- automatic loss

Ever since I started reading WOT, i always wanted to know how Mat plays dice. I get the drift the five dice game is the one he plays the most. Does anyone have any idea how he plays? I don't know if RJ ever went through it... any help would be great!

well, in Suikoden they play dice with 3.

If two dice show the same number the third is your score

if all three show the same you win by double, unless they're all ones, then you lose by double.

4,5,6 wins by triple

1,2,3 loses by triple

you get three throws then it goes to the other guy.  they go into a bowl.  if 1 or more dice fly out of the bowl you lose.

There are different sets of dice to play different games. Some sets have images on them (crowns, Tar Valon flames, etc), others have pips (dots). In some games you automatically win when you get five single pips, in others that's an automatic loss. In others you win when you get five sixes. Or five crowns. And those are just the rules I seem to recall being mentioned when Mat made his escape from Tar Valon, dicing in all the taverns and building up gold.

Archived