DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

mmmmm Scarlett news... *licks paper*

Emperor

Phillip Noyce is set to direct and Scarlett Johansson to star in costume drama "Mary Queen of Scots" for Capitol Films and Relativity reports Variety.

The feature is a biography of the woman who became Scotland's queen at nine months in 1542 and, later, a rival to the English throne.

Mary, a Roman Catholic, was imprisoned for many years on charges of plotting to murder Elizabeth the First, a Protestant. Elizabeth eventually had her beheaded in 1587.

James McGovern ("Crackers") wrote the script, and Melanie Johansson and Alexandra Milchan will produce. It will shoot in London and Scotland starting in April.

Samantha Morton played the role of Mary in last year's "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" whilst Johannson stars in "The Other Boleyn Girl" later this year playing Mary Boleyn, the aunt of Elizabeth the First.

If they give her a scottish accent I.will.scream.

Mary, Queen of Scots spoke french as her main language and had a french accent when speaking english. Samantha Morton gave me hives.

I did a big study on Mary, Queen of Scots last year. This better be good.

Sorry Maj, but a french accent would be the correct one. I just hope they don't let her keep her American accent. Marie Antoinette, directed by Sofia Coppala, really suffered, I feel because of that. Some actors were heavily americans, others heavily british, and there was some over the top french too. It just didn't fit for me  :-\

The costumes should be interesting. Actually, I'm pretty interested how they'll portray the whole period. Scotland and England were quite different at the time and I wonder how they'll distinguish between the two.

Though I'm also interested in to how anti-english they'll make the film. I wonder if they'll go the same way as Braveheart.  ;) And who they will get to play Elizabeth I. Should be an interesting choice.

Ah well, I'll definately be seeing this when it comes out. :) I'm hoping it'll be good!

Archived