DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

CARAI AL....

Ashandarei arrives at the entrance gates of a massive wall with archers peering down at him. Dusk is falling and the last rays of the sun fade behind a nearby hilltop. The distinct sounds of merriment tumble over the walls, music to his ears. The big banner with "Shen an Calhar" confirms what the sounds of merriment hinted at. Ashan had finally found what he been searching for for many months.

After taking a deep breath he bellowed "CARAI AN CALDAZAR, CARAI AL ELLISANDE." Now it was all up to chance and as he had heard from a wise man many years ago, chance and luck was a horse to ride like any other. So he patiently waited and adjusted the knives located all over his body under his coat as he noticed some suspicious shapes lurking in the growing darkness. "Probably my bloody imagination," he muttered to himself.

Guest Cadsuane

*opens the doors to welcome Ashandarai to the Band*

Welcome! Come in, make yourself at home, and have a brew or three!!

Try the Flaming Shots, the official Archer drink, because the best Regiment deserves the best Brew!!

*hands Ash a line of flaming shots and a mug of brew*

*watches the massive doors swing open*

hmm... that looks interesting...

*accepts the flaming shot, and downs it in one go, only to start a coughing fit as it hits him*

*drinks the bandy to soothe his burning throat*

*nods at both Cads and Goldy* :) Why thank you both for the intense flaming shot and the bandy to wash it down with. And with that, I think I'll join the festivities.

*heads off into town in search of a Hell*

edit---

at which point Steel intercepts him with a jovial offer of a bandy.

"Hey, thanks, I appreciate it, cavalry eh? nice."

The third bandy makes him just a bit tipsy and he walks off into town, once again heading for a good-old, dangerous, Hell.

I would have replied last night, but I was dead tired (and annoyed), so didn't! Anyway, it is a nice sunny morning here in the UK, and I am feeling happier!

*Corki nods at the gatekeeper to let the lone stranger enter the Camp*

Greetings, Recruit Ashanderei! For you have just made the best decision of your life - to join the famous Band of the Red Hand! Below is some brief detail on us, and what we do!

The Band of the Red Hand is the Travel and Music ORG of DM. Below are ways how to earn points within the Band. As a Raw Recruit, nothing will stop you from earning points as you make your visits to each Regiment (as assigned by Executive Officer Footman) and find your home. Such ways to earn points include:

- writing reviews on places to visit/holidays you have been on

- writing reviews on music albums and gigs

- replying to other people's reviews and asking questions

- composing Jak O' the Shadow verses

- getting articles published in our monthly newsletter, The Hornsounder

- monthly roll call in the Band's private boards at DM

- any DM project we may have (currently a Battle Project, and if you are interested, speak to F Horn of Valere)

- and much much more I cannot think of right now!

Of course, we are not all about working 24/7, as we do let our hair down now and then! We are famous for our bar brawls, which happen frequently! There will be one soon...as soon as I say the magic word! ;) We also like jokes, tales, funny pictures - things that will make us laugh!

Watch out for Redarms, the Band's police force! They uphold our Laws, and can bring anyone to trial for punishment, or spot fine a person with lines. As a Raw Recruit, you escape this for now with 4 free strikes. Once those are used, or you become a full member of a Regiment, you face the Laws like any other Bander! Laws are currently being reviewed (we have a final vote up at the moment), but the basics are the same - but the wording has been changed to make it tougher for Band criminals!

We also have many games - here at DM, which can be found in the stickies, and on the off board site as well! Also, take the lessons to learn our ORG Game, based on the luck of dice! You get the selected weapons of your Regiment, and can fight anyone in the Band! It is currently being revised, but the ideas will all be the same!

If I have left anything out (which I expect I have!), do not hesitate to ask questions! Someone will be able to answer them for you!

One last thing...

*hands Ashanderei a Marshal-General's Special Battle Brew*

CARAI AN SHEN AN CALHAR!!!!!

Guest Froix

*tries to teach Ash the tune of the band*

"We'll drink the bandy till the bottle ish dry,

And kish the girls so they'll not...

cry, I thhink.

And tosh the dice until we fly..

By the way, never tooss dice with the mashter

where wash I?

To dance with Jak o' the Shad...."

*falls asleep*

watches as Gold walks up to the amusing guy lying in the middle of the street snoring and intently stares at Froix for a full minute, after which he simply mutters something about Talents.

*walks up to Gold*

"Can I help you? This is my new bud Froix, he was mumbling incoherently something about tunes and teaching the Jak O' the.... well, something. You know him, i presume?"

Archived