DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

FYI - WoT jewellery

Tayol

http://www.dragonmount.com/News/?p=325

DM is now offering a substantial discount on Badali jewelry.  It's the best discount of any WoT fan site. Also, I think we earn a small commission on the items sold, so it's win win for everyone.

Rumour has it, DM staff can possibly in the future give discount coupons on jewellery but im not sure how it works yet

For restaurants, I start at double the tax (15.5% - 16%, depending on the city I'm in), with a minimum of $2, and start counting dollars up depending on the quality of the service.

For pizza delivery and such, I round up to the nearest $5, with a minimum $3 tip. Even if it's a small order (like $13), I'll drop a $20 on 'em for the trouble of driving it over.

Good question! Hmm... generally speaking, I've only seen services charges included with parties of certain sizes (8 or more, 10 or more, etc.), to prevent the frustration of stiffing on tips after having done so much work for such a large group.

In those situations, I would probably take the service charge into consideration when determining the tip, but a 10% service charge wouldn't replace a tip completely, being a bit low.

Now, if an establishment includes a service charge on every check regardless of party size, I would be a little put off... it's a bit out of the ordinary, and gives the feeling that you're not trusted as a customer to tip. It's possible that mild offense would reflect slightly in my tip, but I would still likely stick to my minimums.

Archived