DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Meeting the Roomie

The DarkLord

Singing a small catch of song that she had stuck in her head Adanna buisly swept the floor of her small Novice room. She actually enjoyed the simple task of sweeping a floor, Light knows she never swept one back home. The momentary thought of Chachin and her mother and father brought a feeling of utter sadness to her. She quickly pushed the feeling down inside, she would not cry over being home sick, she wouldn't! She noticed that she had been sweeping the same patch of floor for the last ten minutes and that she had already swept clean the entire floor. With a start she set her broom up and sat on the bad and allowed herself to think of home.

Melianna muttered to herself as she followed an Accepted down the corridor. Appearantly, they needed to move her to a new room. No explanation or nothing. She had quickly gathered her few things up and put them in a bundle. Now she stood in front of a door that looked exactly like her old room. The Accepted already wandered off. She never even told her the name of her new roommate. She knocked and gave a quiet "Hello, I was assigned to room with you."

Melianna

Novice

The door opened to reveal a Kandori standing in the doorway. Thank the Light! A fellow Borderlander. Melianna was so glad she did not get one of those sissy southerners who thought Trolllocs were imaginary.

"Hi, my name is Melianna. I was assigned to your room. I am of Arafel. What's your name?"\

Melianna Tsunami Hollmen

Novice

"And peace favor you, Adanna. I suppose I'll put my things here." She said going towards the unoccupied bed. She sat down and noticed that these sheets were softer than her old ones. Walls were cleaner, too. Interesting.

"So how long have you been here?" she said cheerfully.

Melianna

She chuckled. She often did when the that topic came up. She brushed her hair aside from her face and replied,

"I didn't really come to the Tower. My father and I were delivering some food to the Tower. I was in the kitchens keeping my eye on some of our less trustworthy workers. Suddenly, an Aes Sedai of the Gray Ajah told me I could channel and wisked me off to the Mistress of Novices with hardly a word to my Father."

She gave a quick sniff and held back some tears. She missed her Father. But she was going to be Aes Sedai. Nothing would stop her.

"So how did you get here?"

Melianna

Adanna sighed.

"I have always been interested in Aes Sedai, I told my parents that I wanted to come to Tar Valon to become one but my mother said I had a duty-"

She grimaced, She missed them both terribally but she would not marry someone she did not love just to have children.

"to my family to get married and have children, but I couldn't stand the thought of it! So I took some money and ran...and that's how I got here."

"So I suppose it's equally hard for us both. You ran away from duty, and I got yanked in without a sound. Let me tell you, I won't let you fail or turn back, and I hope you don't let me either. Too much has happened to us to fail or turn back now. I intend to be Aes Sedai no matter what, and I think you do, too. let's show those Aes Sedai what Borderlanders are made of. We'll take their worst with open arms,a nd we'll make it!"

Melianna just then realized what she was saying and turned bright red. She was usually not that aggressive. Normally, her emotions were in check. Maybe this woman will bring her out. Interesting. Thoughts went back to the Nightingale. Why on earth was she thinking about that now!?

Melianna

Adanna wsa surpised at Melianna's words and at the sametime invigorated by them. She was of course right.

"You know what? Your right! I won't let you fail and you won't let me fail. I will be Aes Sedai and so will you if the Light wills it."

Adanna stood up and gave the other women a hug.

Melianna was slightly shocked at the hug. Not what she expected after her speech, but very welcome and assuring. She hugged the other woman back with equal angst.

"Well, very nice to meet you, but I have chores and I odn't want a strapping for being late. I'll see you later. Peace be with you."

Melianna