DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Shadowspawn Class

Shaneevae

Gazing out the window, Shaneevae looked down upon the overflowing gardens of the White Tower and sighed.  She would rather be anywhere than cooped up in the classroom on a day like today. The only consolation she could manage was that she was teaching one of her favorite subjects, Shadowpawn.  Crossing her arms beneath her breasts, she turned in preparation to greet the students that began to file into the room. Catching sight of one familiar dark haired man, she maintained her calm.  Catching sight of a second young man caused a bit of concern to her well earned calmness. Dropping her gaze, she shuffled through the leaflets that had already been laid out meticulously in an effort to order her thoughts and features.

Once her Aes Sedai demeanor was firmly back in place and the seats were full, she raised her face and spoke, “I am Shaneevae el’Edware.  Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah and today we shall discuss the bane of the Light’s existence, Shadowspawn.”  Walking out from behind her desk, she tucked her hands behind her back and circled the classroom, “Many of you may not belief in the existence of such beasts. That they are simply fairytale or stories told to frighten children into behaving.” 

Turning abruptly, she stood at the back of the class, “I assure you that they are as real as you and me.” With all backs to her, she weaved quickly creating a mask of mirrors .  The pretty Aes Sedai gone and in her place a hulking figure with a snarling snout and claws, she reached forward and tapped the young man nearest her on the shoulder.  When he turned, she growled lowly and warder training proving as efficient as ever, he jumped back, desks and chairs scattering as he went for a weapon.  Shaneevae laughed, an odd melodic and decisively feminine sound coming from such an atrocious beast.

“Please,” she said, letting the illusion fall away.  “It is only little ole me.  I will not hurt you…….unless you want me to,” she added with a wink. When everyone took a collective sigh of relief, she walked assuredly back to the front of the class.

“If you’re to be a part of my classroom then I have a few rules you must adhere to and I will neither bend nor break these rules.”  Pushing the long golden, brown hair behind her ears, she then smoothed the neckline of the deep blue dress. The gown was the cut she favored, Tairen and off the shoulders revealing a wide expanse of shoulder and bosom. “I expect each of you to be on your best behavior, to show respect for myself and your fellow classmates.  I expect you to keep your focus upon the task at hand and I expect you to participate in class discussions.”

Hands on her hips, she continued, “If you should disrupt my class I will extract punishment, not the Mistress of Trainees and not the Mistress of Novices, but me.  And I can promise you, the punishment will be severe.”  Arching an elegant brow, she asked, “Is that understood.”

Allowing a small smile to play across full lips and a mischievous twinkle to light in her sleepy blue-green eyes, she continued, “Now that I’ve properly scared you and caused you to wet your breeches, I’d like you each to take turns introducing yourselves.”

Shaneevae el'Edware

Brown Ajah

OOC: Please RP your response to Shaneevae (5'5, brown wavy hair, overly curvaceous with freckles) and your fellow classmates. Any of the male characters can respond as the one she played the trick on.  RP your introduction as well.  We can have a lot of fun with this, so let's do!

Megain gave a low whistle of appreciation when she realised that the fearsome Shadowspawn had been a mask of mirrors around Shaneevae Sedai. She wished fervently that she was able to create such an illusion, but she was all too aware that it would be years before she attained that degree of proficiency.

"Impressive," she whispered to Sorna, the only novice she'd yet managed to befriend in the White Tower. "I still can't believe that those things are actually real, and not just something out of a bard's tale."

She fell silent again as Shaneevae walked past her and turned around to address the class. When she asked their names, Megain hesitantly raised her right hand, her left one nervously fiddling with her dark hair.

"I'm Megain Kestharin," she said, and despite her nervousness her voice was clear. "I've not been here very long," she added, feeling a need to add something to what she had already said.

Melianna saw near the front with a big grin on her face. She had met Shaneevae Sedai before, and she felt very comfortable around her. Maybe she could see the Nightingale again! When the Troolloc appeared out of nowhere, she was only half-scared. Being from Arafel, Trollocs were just another part of life to her, even being a trader.

After the first novice spoke, Melianna raised her hand.

"I am Melianna Tsunami Hollmen. I am of the Sea Folk and of Arafel. I have been here nearly a month." she said in a clear, confident voice, and then gave a smile of satisfaction after she was done. She was going to enjoy this.

D'Ashan walked quickly down the hall and into the classroom. When he had heard about the topic of the class, and being from Arafel he was interested, he had eagerly signed up to see what these southern folks knew. Early as always he noticed others already seated. Looking down at the floor, embarrassed at not knowing anyone, he took his seat near the front of the classroom amidst the novices of the Tower. He almost groaned as he looked up at the Aes Sedai teaching the class. It was Shaneevae Sedai. His pulse raced as his eyes met hers but he quickly shot her a winning smile and went back to looking around the class. No need to make this awkward. The rest of the class filed in and he busied himself with looking at them instead.

While introducing herself and the topic of the class, she tucked her hands behind her back. D'Ashan almost blushed at a rain-soaked memory, but quickly brought his attention back to her words.

“Many of you may not believe in the existence of such beasts. That they are simply fairytale or stories told to frighten children into behaving.”

D'Ashan snorted in agreement. Some people's ignorance. In Arafel there were trollocs and more that were not simply children's tales. Increasingly as he had traveled south, he had heard people in the Inn's laughing about stories of  shadowspawn. Glancing back at the tail end of her sentence he caught sight of just such a beast. His instincts warred with his head and he sat there calmly as the Sedai scared the Light out of another young man. Shaneevae laughed, soft and melodious, and D'Ashan groaned softly. This was going to be torture.

“It is only little ole me.  I will not hurt you…….unless you want me to,”

D'Ashan bit his lip and sunk lower in his chair. He considered getting up and walking out. This was extremely uncomfortable, but the right thing to do was to stay and so he did.

I expect you to keep your focus upon the task at hand and I expect you to participate in class discussions.”

See? There it was. He needed to stay on task! D'Ashan straightened in his chair and listened as the class started to introduce themselves. One girl Melianna, looked strangely familiar and D'Ashan filed it away for later consideration. Rising to his feet he made his introductions.

"My name is D'Ashan, I am a Tower Guard Trainee from Arafel, and some of you I have already met." Scanning the crowd his eyes lingered on Shaneevae meaningfully before returning to his seat.

OOC:Tigara, Melianna and D'Ashan are both from Arafel. If you want they could have known each other growing up, or he had just seen her once, take it where you want  ;)

Sorna entered the classroom quietly and peered around.  There were a number of students present.  Men as well as women, she was surprised to note.  She took a careful seat next to Megain and smiled at her friend.  Near a window, Sorna spied Shaneevae and blinked in surprise.  She had seen the buxom brown around the Tower but had until now been unable to put a name to the massive mounds that appeared to have been squished around in such a way to make them look even larger.  Sorna tried to imagine herself in such a dress and came to the conclusion that it would probably just fall off.

Shaneevae turned from the window and introduced herself to the class.  As the Aes Sedai walked around the room, Sorna twisted in her chair to show that she was paying attention.  She was surprised to see how many of her peers rudely kept their backs to the instructor.  Her disappointment was not quickly overtaken by stronger emotions, though.  First curiosity, as she thought she noticed something strange about Shaneevae and then fear as she was sure there was something strange.  She was a Trolloc!  She had read of Trollocs, she had heard of Trollocs from the men who did business with or came to visit her father.  She had even seen pictures of Trollocs but never did she actually see one.  Run!  That was what she had been told to do if she ever saw one of these creatures.

Deciding that it was better to error on the side of caution, Sorna leaped up from her chair but, twisted around as she was, stumbled into her desk and caught herself at the last second.  With a gasp, she plopped down into her chair when the illusion disappeared.  As Shaneevae started to speak again, Sorna examined her left wrist, which she had somehow injured when she fell into her desk.  She was supposed to request healing for any injury or sickness but concluded that nothing was sprained or torn and that the pain would go away on it's own.  Megain whispered something and Sorna smiled and nodded, hoping that she gave the impression that she had heard what was said.

The other students were introducing herself so Sorna decided that she should follow suit and stood up, carefully this time, facing her teacher.  "I am Sorna Ulend," she began as she twisted her hand in circles, trying to work the dull pain out of her wrist, "I haven't been here very long myself but I'm eager to learn."  She smiled brightly and brushed a stray lock of black hair away from dark brown eyes as she sat back down.

((Sorna is 5'7", of Kandori and Sheinaran heritage, incredibly thin, and appears and sounds sick even though she's healthy.))

Arturus raced down the halls to get to the class. He was going to be late he was sure. He was surprised to  walk into the class and see a Trolloc standing in the back of the room! With a snarl and a fierce look his sword went to his right hand and two daggers came to his left. He was about to throw the daggers as he charged in to leap off a desk. But the illusion dropped revealing Shaneevae and the daggers which he was already in the process of throwing instead went into the desk of the student he was leaping over, and a slight twist in the air and a foot barely catching a desk in time allowed him to change direction to a corner of the room. Landing in a heap and cradling his sword so as not to damage it no one except Shaneevae seemed to notice anything happened at all. He had not made any noise. Returning his sword to his scabbard and ghosting past the student who was unfortunate enough to have been sitting at the desk his daggers split, he wrenched a dagger out with only a slight creak. The student turned as he wrenched the second out and gave a look of shock and mild anger. Arturus gave his best smile and took a nearby seat.

The others were introducing themselves so as soon as the others finished he said "I am Arturus Logres from Andor." Shrugging, that was all he had to say.

OOC feel free to be the student who nearly got a dagger in the chest if you wish :)

Hall sliped in early and found a seat to the back of the room, it was more then anything by hearsay he had heard about this class. And had asked his mentor when he found the person if he would be able to attend, or would need to wait. Only a week into his stay here in the yards he found himself stumbeling through the hall's, trying the best to follow directions, and not loose himself in the splendor of the white tower.

He was glad to see more students filing in soon after him, and hunched down slightly in his corner. It had been an eventfull week, and he was slightly overwhelmed by everything, from  living a simple life on the saldean countryside, to the bussy Tar Valon had been a huge change.

He watched the Aes Sedai, she seemed friendly enough. his thougths where wandering home, wondering how his sister was doing. The growl made him snap back and his head turned aside, looking futher down the row of desks, on the other side of the room a trolloc stood hunched over one of the other male students in class. Shock and disbelif went through him first, his hand slowly sliding to his side seeking weapons not there, and a low growl in his troath of frustration as his mind realed. Then it was gone before he could think on more to do, and their teacher was standing in its stead, Aes Sedai tricks. From that moment he paid attention, though as he understood the reinforcement, and specialy after hearing some of the coments before class started, he wasnt sure he was trilled about it. The spawn of the dark one was not something to joke about, he had seen the effect of them, the ruin they could make. The thougth of what the savage beasts could do to anything living made him shiver slightly, luckily they lived far enough from the border to avoid raids, most of the time anyhow. It was needed to keep the horses safe among other, but close enough to send the horses up there at need, and he had been with his father herding beasts togheter with other breeders often enough to have a good perspective of the dire reality of the beasts. 

He waited till the turn came to him before standing, "I'm Hall, and rescently arived to the yard from Saldea." he sat back down.

ooc Hall's bio http://www.shayol-ghul.com/z-members/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4

Melianna turned back in surprise. She knew that voice. It was only a year or two ago that she heard it. She heard the man announce himself as D'Ashan and she knew right away who he was. he had tried to steal 50 crowns worth of furs about two years ago. She had to watch him after he was caught. They conversed, yes, but most ended with her saying "Shut up and sit still. Now!" Not the best memory, but he was the only person he had met before the Tower. She was going to keep her eyes on him.

Having nodded and made note of all in attendance, Shaneevae clapped her hands, “Now, shall we get on with more important matters?” Hopping slightly to sit on the edge of her desk, she started her lecture, “Aignor as you know is one of the Forsaken and no, he wasn’t invented to simply scare children into behaving either. He was renowned biologist during the Age of Legends and a very powerful Aes Sedai.”

Dangling her feet like a child, she continued, “In fact, he was a genius and probably the brightest man of his time and most assuredly our time.”  Cocking her eyebrow and tilting her head she asked, “What brought him so low, you may ask?  Well, being the genius that he was led him into some incredible experiments.  Experiments involving hybridization of humans and animal and it was these experiments that caused the Hall of the Tower to issue an official edict preventing him from continuing his experiments.” 

Hopping from her desk, she began to circle the room, “What were these creations? Why Shadowspawn of course and while Aignor was indeed a genius he was also as mad as a badger. Though I think most of us scientists are a little short on sanity.” She added winking at a very sickly looking girl and fighting the urge to check her for fever.

“His area of expertise was a science called genetics and the most I can gather from his writings is that these tiny codes in our body make us who and what we are and somehow he found a way to manipulate these creating what we know as Shadowspwan.”  Shaneevae shrugged.  This entire matter had always perplexed her and more often than not left her envious of such advancements. There was even the rare occasion when she thought she would give almost anything to discover Aignor’s secrets.

“Now,” she said, touching Arturus casually on the shoulder in passing and smiling at each student letting her eyes linger on D’Ashan for only a brief moment. “I want each of you to tell me what you know of Shadowspawn, any personal experiences, maybe what kind of trollocs you’ve seen or heard of or even what kind of animals you think Aignor may have used in his experiments.”

Leaning against the window, she crossed her arms beneath her breasts and mentally sighed. Maybe she would be able to maintain her composure long enough to get through this class, at least more efficiently than she dealt with her love life. Shaneevae smiled and nodded her head in approval as the first hand went up.

Shaneevae

OOC:  Describe your thoughts and RP your experience with Shadowspawn.  If you have none, say you have none, but tell what you've heard rumored or even read in the past concerning them. :)

Melianna's hand went up right away. Shadowspawn, she knew.

"I have seen Trollocs before, Aes Sedai, and a Myrdraal as well. One day when my Father and I were delivering supplies to a fort near the Blight, it got attacked by those horribe beasts and we were trapped in the fort for several hours. I even shot one down with a bow, by some lucky chance."

"As for the animals used, the most frequently occuring Trollocs are from wolves, boars, goats, and eagles, but there are known to be others as well." she finished with a very proud grin.

Melianna

Arafellan Novice

Arturus shook his head. He had never actually seen any Shadow spawn. "I have seen the tracks of Dark Hounds and a male channeler, but that is the closest I have ever been." he didnt have much to add and the others who came from borderlander kingdoms looked at him as though he was not right in the head. (Was it something I said?)

Sitting back in his seat he was glad when the next student spoke up.

D'Ashan spoke quietly into the following silence at first, growing louder as he went on.

"I have seen these beasts as well Shaneevae Sedai. There was a time when my mother and I wandered too close to the blight asking after my father soon after he left. We were at an Inn on the outskirts of a town when a Raid hit. There weren't many of the beasts that came that far out but I watched one drag a child from her mother. I will spare you what happened after. The Light knows I wish someone could have spared me."

D'Ashan sat fiddling with his fingers as he spoke. His voice trailed off and he blushed looking up, realizing the class was all looking at him.

In the sudden silence after the Warder trainee spoke, Megain shuffled nervously. "I've never been near a Shadowspawn, Shaneevae Sedai." She smiled sheepishly. "I have long believed them to be a story for young ones..." Now everyone was looking at her. The one who had last spoken was almost glaring at her, and she didn't blame him. Light, what a stupid thing to say! "I believe in them now, of course," she added hastily.

She breathed a sigh of relief when Shaneevae Sedai nodded and turned away. "That was embarrassing," she muttered to Sorna, feeling her crimson cheeks. "Light, I hate speaking in front of people."

Hall waited his turn, trying to remember all the stories he has heard. When he was up he tried to keep his voice steady, "I seen a battle from afar, they where a mitchmatch of creatures, though the banner I could see was that of a wolf, the horses we where hearding did definantly not like the smell drifting on the wind. I was told later it had been of what they thought of as the bigest tribe. " he paused a litle trying to remember, "I can recal a man buying horse of us when I was a child, I dont remember most of what he said, but for to run if i ever saw a red trident banner."

Hall had a feeling there was something else, a regiment who had been out to spook his sister, then it came to him " the eagles...I also heard they are considered to be the more vicious ones"

He settled back, "Most of it is by hearsay, or seeing the vounds on surviving horses, enough to know that any sane man would respect and have a healthy fear of the beasts" And at the path he was at, he migth one day find himself facing one, but he would be ready  by then, and the borderlands so needed ablehanded men to keep the rest of the population safe. Halls memory flickered to his precious babysister, he hoped she would find happyness.

Sorna stood up; her wrist was feeling better and she no longer held it.  With her strained but steady voice, she said, "I never saw any of these creatures, unless the illusion you just made is accurate, but my father has many visitors who have.  Several books have descriptions as well.  Trollocs seem to be part beast and part human but nobody knows how--", she broke off and her face turned slightly less pale, "That is, it seems that nobody outside the Tower knows how that happened.  I haven't heard of any female Trollocs but they must exist since the creatures are so numerous.  My father's friends would tell me that nobody knows fear until they meet the gaze of the Eyeless.  They, and the books, say that when a Fade looks at you, you want to run but your legs won't let you."  She had more to say but the last few words rasped out in a whisper so she sat down as she tried to work some moisture back into her mouth.

With a sheepish grin she leaned toward Megain, "I like to talk but it takes a lot out of me."  Her voice was a barely audible whisper but it gained a bit of strength towards the end.

Guest Arie Ronshor

Ooc: 6'2", large boned, Blonde blue-eyed, mostly scruffy and one really wicked flirty grin.. I know my Shadowspawn, so this is just good RP fun for me. I'll have him 'catch up' some other way unless Shan wants to take him aside and beat him with the SP Handbook. :D

Late, as Promised. :D

IC:

"You get in that Classroom, you Lazy Swine!"

It was with a little bit of a crash, a stumbling steps and then a bravado of putting his hands through is hair as Conor flew through the Tower door no thanks to his own mentor who had decided that it would do him some good to gain a bit of Aes Sedai wisdom. He mentor was getting a lot more foolish notions and her verbal abuse was getting worse with her pregnancy. Of course he admitting-ly did not help by deciding to snack out on honey buns from the very sweet Mistress Laras of the White Tower kitchen in the comforts of the common room instead of going to a class that sounded like more work than it was worth.

Looking up to the front of the room, a rather busty -a very nice bust, he might add- of an Aes Sedai was attempting to hide a smile behind a laugh. Or was she trying not to laugh to hide a frown? It was hard to say as he felt terribly embraced. But, *cooling his looks and ignoring the closing of the door, Conor strolled smoothly to a desk chair and took his seat, leaning back in it in a very non-chalant style.

Conor Palfery

Trainee

Arms crossed beneath her breasts, Shaneevae circled the room listening intently as each student told their story. Surprise was what she felt mostly. Eyebrows crawling higher and higher with each retelling, uncharacteristic number of students had first hand experience and the other had enough natural fear from first hand accounts told to them.  They knew more than she had when she’d first come to the Tower. Growing up far from the Borderlands, trollocs and myddraal were not even part of her vernacular before her first Shadowspwan class. She had been blessed with an idyllic childhood.

“Excellent,” she said softly. “For those of you who haven’t had first hand experience or for those who came to the Tower still believing them to be fairytale.  Do not fret.  I too came here without the knowledge that such atrociousness existed…….and look at me now.” She added with a twirl and a deep bow. “Your friendly resident Shadowspawn expert.” Wiggling her forefinger in a no, no, no gesture, she added, “No, I do not claim to have more trolloc kills than anyone nor do I claim to have faced them in battle an exorbitant number of times.  What I do know is their behavior, their habits, and their anatomy in depth, their culture and their society.  I study their physiology in order to enable our soldiers. I study these things in order to aid our cause in an effort to dispatch them more quickly and more efficiently.”

“And you are here to learn what I know, so……..”  Shaneevae’s next thought was interrupted by large blonde youth with an utterly charming grin skidding into the classroom in helter skelter fashion, haphazardly ramming the door frame. Comically, he ran his hands through his hair and all but strutted to a seat in the back. Hiding her grin, she stood at the front; all progress halted and put her hands on her hips to observe the new arrival.

“Well, well, well,” she said strolling to the back with her own cocky strut.  “Look who has deigned to join us today, class?”  Surveying the other students, she flashed her brows and said, “Oh that is right, we don’t know who he is.” Crooking her finger at him, she indicated for him to rise and walk toward the front of the class. Weaving Air, she popped him soundly on the backside and said, “Yes, the seat in the front. That one.  Thank you Fairy Floss, which will be your name for the remainder of this course.”

Heading back toward the front of the class, she said, “Now that is settled, we’ll continue.” Lifting herself onto the edge of her desk with a little bounce, she crossed her legs at the ankles and did just that. “Trollocs are massive, maybe 8 feet tall, half man, half animal.  Various animals were used in the experiment including but not limited to wolves, bears, and birds of prey.  If you notice, all animals used were predators and that choice seems obvious since a killer bunny does not quite inspire fear or loss of bladder control.  As you can imagine trollocs are exceptionally strong, but they are notoriously lazy and must be driven by fear, which I will discuss more in tomorrow’s lesson.”

With a little jump, she pushed herself off the desk, “We’re done for today.  Please arrive,” Shaneevae gave Fairy Floss a pointed glare. “on time. If you have any questions, please feel free to stay after and ask what you will.  Thank you all for your attention and come prepared tomorrow to learn each of the trolloc tribes and what their eerie connection with the eyeless is.” Clapping her hands with a single sound, “Class dismissed.”

Shaneevae

OOC:  Respond to Connor's entry. Respond to someone in the class. Respond to Shaneevae's words or actions.  Stay after class and ask her a question, I'll gladly post extra for the entertainment value.  ;D  Choose at least two of the above suggestions.

Melianna jumped at the sound of the door being lung opened. She quickly turned around in a spray of her long hair to see what happened. A blonde boy came crashing in. She watched Shaneevae Sedai smack him with Air and snickered. She very nearly burst out in laughter when his name was decided to be "Fairy Floss".

She continued listening intently to the class, occasionally snickering about Fairy Floss. When the class was over, she went to Shaneevae Sedai to ask a question. Information was conflicting, and she also wanted to look for the Nightingale.

"Shaneevae Sedai, you said all the animals used in making Trollocs were predators, but I have seen Trollocs with the horns of a ram or the snoutof a wild boar, and those aren't predators." she said poliely, while bobbing and shiftig trying to see if the Nightingale was anywhere.

Melianna

Arturus was relaxed to see Conor come in far more late than he was. He thought it was rather embarrassing that he was forced into the class by a screaming mentor but almost turned red when he recalled that he had nearly killed the teacher and a student with his own entrance. He grinned as the student was led to the front of the class and dubbed "Fairy Floss". Arturus knew that the nickname would stick well beyond the end of the class and would be a common taunt in the training yard.

At the end of the class Arturus rose and stood in line to ask a question. With his best smile he asked "What can I do for extra credit?"

Megain gave a start when Shaneevae Sedai dismissed the class. She had been so intent on what the Aes Sedai had been saying that she hadn't even realised the time.

She remained in her seat for a few moments, digesting the information she'd been given. The magic sy-ence called genticks - or was that jeneticks? - sounded interesting. She wished Shaneevae Sedai had said a little more on the subject. But maybe it was a forbidden subject or something, because it involved a Forsaken? She had no idea.

She looked around the class. Most of the other students were beginning to get up and move about. As she started to get up, an Accepted who she didn't know passed her and muttered under her breath, "Party in the unused Aes Sedai rooms at midnight tonight. Be there."

Megain frowned as the Accepted moved off, giving her invitation to others in the room, before leaving the class. "A party...?" she said quietly.

Normally she wouldn't even consider it, but she'd been so stressed lately, a party sounded a wonderful idea... "What do you think, Sorna?"

((OOC: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,23907.0.html - If you want, you can either decide to go to the party or run off to tell the Mistress of Novices ;) ))

• 2 weeks later...

Sorna watched the warder trainee stumble in and get scolded.  Fairy Floss?  Was she supposed to call him that, too?  As she pondered how serious the Aes Sedai was, Megain whispered to her again.

"I'm not sure...we're supposed to be asleep then.  We could get in a lot of trouble if we go."

OOC: Sorry about the length of time.  December is always a hard month for me to find a few minutes.

Guest Arie Ronshor

He raised an eyebrow at the name 'fairy floss' before taking his seat. If he didn't know better Conor would have guessed that she had appealed to his smooth and wonderful charm. (Ha!) and dubbed him something worth remembering. As the lecture carried on, Conor was still smiling at her with this idly worshiping glow while he thought on some way to make this all even better.

Ah yes, he will make this class far more terrifying. And it won't be the Shadowspawn.

Ooc: Short post. Next class? :D

Megain nodded in reply to Sorna's cautionary words. "Yes, I guess you're right..." She hesitated. "But surely it'll be the Accepted who gets most of the trouble? I don't know, I've just been a bit... I think I need a release from all this pressure we are under." She smiled at Sorna. "I won't go if you're not feeling up to it, though." She was well aware of her friend's fragile health and although Sorna had been getting a little better with regular trips to the Yellows, she was still very frail.

Thinking about the Yellows automatically sent Megain into a daydream about which Ajah she would choose if she got to be Aes Sedai. It would be wonderful to Heal people. But that's not of much use in the greater scheme of things - you can only Heal one person at a time. A Gray would make a much larger effect, but that would force me to do more public speaking...

She blinked, coming out of her reverie to catch the end of Sorna's reply. "Sorry, I was daydreaming - what did you say again?"

Shaneevae Sedai, you said all the animals used in making Trollocs were predators, but I have seen Trollocs with the horns of a ram or the snoutof a wild boar, and those aren't predators.

Shaneevae smiled at the novice pleased with her catch, “Excellent, Melianna. Now, wild boar will eat just about anything as do ram and will hunt when necessary.  While they are not typical predators they have an extremely aggressive nature, which is what Aignor was looking for in the beast half of the equation. Good question,” she said patting the girl on the back and turning her attention to Artrus.

What can I do for extra credit?

The Aes Sedai smirked and gave him a very pointed look, “Make your way to my laboratory and I’m sure we can arrange something.”

Shaneevae was relaxed, her mind clear and organized as strolled into the classroom.  Scanning the classroom, she decided that enough were present for her to start.  Without pause, she started before she even closed the door behind her.

“Aginor created the Trollocs during the War of Power as soldiers for the Shadow.  Trollocs are carnivores and are routinely fed captives taken during battles with humans.”

Circling around the desk, she opened the drapes and let the sunlight flood the room, “Unlike other creatures of the Shadow, Trollocs are social animals and form into clan-like bands, such as Dhai'mon, Ghar'ghael  and Ahf'frait.”

Turning, she began writing on the board furiously listing the names of the tribes and their animal likeness calling them out as she wrote. “Ahf’frait are of the hawk variety. Ghar’ghael are the boar. Ghob’hlin, wolf Gho’hlem, bear. Ko’bal, eagle. Dha’vol, ram and Dhai’mon are the goats.”  Dusting her hands upon her skirt, she turned back to face the class, “I’m certain there are tribes we are unaware of, but that should give you something to chew on.”

Making her way down the side of the class, she made note of who took notes and who did not, “Some trollocs are capable of rudimentary human speech, but usually they converse amongst themselves in their own guttural tongue. Trollocs also have a written script, surprisingly enough in the form of angular runes, which proves they are not as stupid as most people assume.  They are, however, very lazy and only kill for the pleasure of killing or out of fear, which is why they have to be driven by the next Shadowspawn on our list, Myrdraal.”

Sitting on the edge of her desk, she continued, “Myrdraal are genetic throwbacks to the human form that was used in creating trollocs. So yes, female trollocs do exist. Only male Trollocs are allowed to participate in raiding parties, but females do exist and remain cloistered in camp.”

Standing, she stretched, “Your assignment before leaving today is to write a short essay spilling forth all you know about trollocs, no matter if it’s factual or fictional. Turn it in to me before you leave.” With that said Shaneevae took a seat behind her desk and picked up a book to read while she waited.

OOC:  Respond however you like, but include in your post the body of the essay and then turn it in.