DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sweet WoT Art

TheReignmaker

I really like most of his art.  His portrayal of Faile is the best I've seen, captures her personality, her description, and actually makes her look like a Saldaean somewhat.  Asmodean, Sammael, Birgitte, and Logain are all well done.  I really like the pose Aviendha's in, it captures her struggle between Wise One and Maiden of the Spear.  However, I think Morgase and Elayne look a little...fake somehow.  Don't know why exactly.  And Taim I think looks too much like a weasel.  Must be that sloped forehead.

I think the reason it's so great is that, while he has a distinct style, his people all look as different as any two people do in real life.  A lot of artists get trapped in a particular facial or body shape (which is my biggest complaint about using Mike Miller on the comic book... he does great with Ultimate Spiderman, but there aren't that many main characters in Spiderman).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also really love his art ;D.  He is the first artist I have seen that paid such good attention to the descriptions of the characters.  Aviendha, Min, and Faile(to be honest, I don't like her character so I generally don't pay attention to her pictures) are the hardest of the main characters to find good pictures for but this guy did an excellent job.  They are exactly how I pictured them.  The three taveren are how I pictured them also; however, since Rand is my favorite character you know I am going to be more critical of his picture. While Seamas did an outstanding job on him, he does need more developed pectorals because they look kinda flat. Also, he needs a slightly curled, slicked back hairstyle since he runs his hand(s) through his hair so much. His updated edition of Rand is also very good but the thighs are way too skinny and he is suppose to have nice legs not chicken legs. Other then that I agree his work is outstanding.

Singin Hobo's wallpaper has most of Seamas art on it but I have included a link to his website which has a little bit more WOT artwork, enjoy.

http://seamassketches.blogspot.com/search/label/wheel%20of%20time

( *whispering* pssst you know who else did an exellent Rand, Madeleine Gusdal. I don't see her art work here so I had to go to this sites rival, wotmania, my appologies. :-X)

Here is the link for it:

http://www.wotmania.com/artview.asp?ID=48&Pic=B

This is the perfect Rand (face only since the shoulders are not broad enough nor is he big enough and even in TEOTW there is plenty of evidence that Rand is a very strong young man.)his eyes are so captivating.

• 7 months later...

Archived