DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Whitecloak women?

Sila Darklover

Trakand, I don't know if carridin sent Sheiane because, as I remember it, Moiraine said that the dagger would do funny things to Shadowspawn and uber-darkfriends.

I think everyone that says Crusaders as describing whitecloaks are right and Trakand is also right about them being religious party.  Christianity is what I know best; so I will use that example.  When Christianity first formed they had lots of competition from established Roman religions.  So in order to win they demonized their opponents.  They gave the devil an appearance similar to other Romans Gods and demonized it.  This is the same thing the Whitecloaks are; they were in competition with AS so they demonized them.  It has since spread to all women.  I don't believe that women are affiliated with the whitecloaks in any way.  They may be tolerated but only a few WC seek marriage.

Incidentally, you see the reverse of WC's in the Red Ajah and a comparison.  Reds started out hating male Aes Sedai, for they broke the world but most HATE all men.  A select few like Pevara, Tarna and some others do not hate men and now can't afford to hate male Aes Sedai, though they don't know the taint is gone.

I was just going on the passage where Sammael appears to Carridin in his rented palace in Ebou Dar - at the time that Sammael appears Carridin is in a meeting with the Lady Shaien as she calls herself. Sammael actually freezes her mid-stand as he opens his gateway. This is the passage where he tells Carridin he will 'send someone to help' with finding the cache of angreal - what turns out to be the Gholam that nearly killed Mat and Elayne whilst Nynaeve and Lan are fighting Ispan and another black sister downstairs in the Rahad.

I dont know if Carridin sent Sheain (sp?) to kill Mat / Rand when Mat was under the influence of the dagger, but he's definitely using her and her circle to scour Ebou Dar. The reason we know who she is is that Mat spots her at the racecourse (the 'Golden Circuit'), recognises her and follows her across Ebou Dar, the journey during which he 'accidentally' buys his fox ring.

Archived