DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tia mi aven Moridin isainde vadin

cloglord

i happen to agree with cloglord on the naming of moridin. noone knows for sure how he was given that name.perhaps he gave himself that name.

and kudos for giving us something more to discuss than who killed asmo, or which character is most hated.

I always assumed he was given that name, seeing as the DO personally named all the Forsaken he revived....couldn't the DO just as easily be trying to twist prophesy as Moridin himself. Though by reading the inscription, I can't see what they would hope to achieve...

Still, Ishy did like to assume names he'd no right to...

You forget that the Do gave Ishy the reincarnated name of Moridin.  Unless you belive that the DO wanted to forefill a prophecy incicating his failure you must assume that Moridin in inscription refers not to the person but death itself.

This is assuming that the DO knew the prophsey. Think of it like this:

A link of channlers come together, to create an ultimate wepon based on what they knew of the pattern. One of them has a Fortelling, and the group decides it needs to be on the Horn (I can't come up with a reason they would, though). Then then create this most powerful of ter'angreals, made to pull part of the world into TAR, or posible vica-versa, but they die in the process. Then no one would know that the incription was ment to be a prophesy, and would only realize what the Horn does when they test it.

kudos for giving us something more to discuss than who killed asmo, or which character is most hated.

Thanks Lou, I consider that one of the niceset compliments I've gotten on these boards.  I try not to post things that have been discussed to death, which is hard, and often has be scraping the bottom of the discussion barrel for loony theories that I can argue intelligently.  I haven't even visited an Asmodean thread in months, let alone post to one, (except maybe to interject some comments about equine necro-sadism.)

Archived