DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

21 Questions Movie Game - ROUND 3 (ironcross)

ironcross

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

Hmm, So either way it apeared in us theaters after that date, or it was orginally released in europe at least a day before that date..

Perhapas it is a film festival winning comedy that came to the us.

Sin... is that a question for Ironcross?  Instead of asking your question, we could go broader and ask if it won ANY awards (this should be a standard question instead of our Oscar question).  Of course if your question is answer and it is right, then we have just narrowed down the field considerably.

Maybe we should narrow down by continent first, starting with Europe.

We could also ask if it was a bomb in the US by asking it's gross box office.  Usually less than 40 million constitutes a bomb... but if this is foreign we may want to go lower.

We could also determine if the actors are unknowns in the US.

Umm...  I think I know the answer now.  Damn, Brazil was nominated for Oscars. 

We could also determine it's popularity but asking if it rates above a 5.0 on IMDB.

Q1: Does this film star Kevin Bacon?  NO

Q2: Was the film made after December 31st, 1992? NO

Q3: Did the film premier in theaters after December 31, 1982? Yes, in the US

Q4: Was the films original foreign release in English? No, but unsure

Q5: Is the movie a martial arts movie? NO

Q6: Is it an animated film? NO

Q7: Is it an Action, Adventure, or a Comedy? YES

Q8: Is it a comedy? YES

Q9: Was the film (including actors for roles in the film) nominated for any Oscars or Golden Globes? NO

Q10: Did this film apear in theaters after december 31st, 1987?

Q11: Is the title, as seen on movie posters and trailers, more than 2 words? YES

Q12:Was the movie a box office bomb in the US?  (did it gross less than 30 million in the theatres) NO  acording to imdb it grosed more then 30 mill.

So by my count, we are looking for a possible foreign comedy that grossed more than 30 million in the US, not nominated for an Oscar or GG, not animated and released in the US between 82 and 92.  We have 9 questions left.  Ideas?

i am afraid i was wrong on where it was originaly released.  maby anyway.  so i will let you guys have q 14 back as imdb dose not say that the movie was released where i thought it was and indeed sayes that it was released in euroup first.  im sorry bout the mixup, i probly should have picked a diefernt movie, but this one is one of my all time favorites.  so you still have 8 questions left. sorry cadds

Q1: Does this film star Kevin Bacon?  NO

Q2: Was the film made after December 31st, 1992? NO

Q3: Did the film premier in theaters after December 31, 1982? Yes, in the US

Q4: Was the films original foreign release in English? No, but unsure

Q5: Is the movie a martial arts movie? NO

Q6: Is it an animated film? NO

Q7: Is it an Action, Adventure, or a Comedy? YES

Q8: Is it a comedy? YES

Q9: Was the film (including actors for roles in the film) nominated for any Oscars or Golden Globes? NO

Q10: Did this film apear in theaters after december 31st, 1987? No

Q11: Is the title, as seen on movie posters and trailers, more than 2 words? YES

Q12:Was the movie a box office bomb in the US?  (did it gross less than 30 million in the theatres) NO  acording to imdb it grosed more then 30 mill.

Q13: Was the film originally released in Europe? Yes, but iron wasn't sure at first (a hint maybe)

AHA!

So a comedy.... maybe French.  I can't imagine a German comedy and do not know many foreign comedies that would do well in the States....Could be Italian as well. 

I am having trouble finding popular comedies with more than two words in the title that were released between 82 and 87 in the states. 

i never realised how much info you have to know to be the hoast of this thread.  for this being a movie i thought i knew so much about and all.  i guess its kinda like when i lived in mexico for a year, when i first arived i thought i knew spannish, within 10 minnets of getting there i was dispelled of my illusions.

Archived