DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Training Post (level 1)

Castle

Kuroshiro stood infront of his mirror in his room. The room was not small but neither was it large. There was space enough for a decently made double bed that was in the middle of the left hand wall with the bottom end pointing towards the centre of the room. There was a small writing table under the window on the right hand wall with a wardrobe and a dresser, with his mirror, on the back wall. There were no elaborate tapestries or even plain tapestries on the walls. Kuroshiro preferred the surgical white of the room, along with everything else being neat.

Running his hand down his face so his thumb and fingers met at his chin, he studied the cleanness of the shave he had just performed and nodded. His jaw was chiseled and always clean shaven. Only in the evenings would there be any form of stubble aparant but that just made kuros look rugged. Moving his head so he could see his cheek he carried on the examination of his shave. Kuroshiro's cheekbones were high and pronounced his face however was nowhere near gaunt but he was also not chubby. His shoulder length blond hair fell in front of his eye as he tilted his head and using a strong hand he pushed it back into place feeling the smooth hair between his fingers.

Kuroshiro stepped towards his dresser, his nakedness was of no matter this day, as the sun was not even at its peak and the unnatural heat made sweat already glisten on his forehead. His muscles tensed and flexed as he strode, each one in perfect proportion to the rest, and when he reached into the wardrobe for some his clothes his muscles rolled across his shoulder blade. Dressing slowly, as the day was not meant for haste, he finished by pulling his black boots on which had gold worked into the turned down tops in the form of blazing suns that encircled them. Stamping his feet into them to settle his feet quickly, he picked the bag up from next to the wardrobe and attached it to his belt. Striding for the door and pulled on his gleaming white cloak and headed out of his room, with it billowing behind him.

The air was no less thicker in the corridors of the fortress but atleast that unnatural sun was not on him yet, although he knew he would be spending most of the day in it. The thought did not make him sigh however. He had his duty to do and he was always the first to do it. He hated shirkers just as much as he hated untidiness. As he strode down corridors, his glares came at recruits and servants alike that had become disheveld. Upon stopping one recruit who seemed to be too sure of herself and was wearing her clothes as if they were trying to fall off, the excuse he was given was that it was "Too hot". Kuroshiro looked at the woman, no she would be to him a girl now. "Too hot girl child!" his eyebrows rose on his head, not through suprise but sometimes facial expressions were needed for the ignorant. "If you are so hot then we should help you cool down." Kuroshiro pulled a knife out from his belt and slit down the front of the girls clothes and pulled them off of her. Tearing met the sounds of peoples gasps, some even stopped to stare but quickly moved about there business with their heads down after Kuros' gaze fell on them. "You will train like this as well as live like this until the rain next falls, and may the Creator spare you if you should break my order, as I will not. It may make you realise the more important things in life!" Kuros left the topless girl there in the corridor crying and visibly shaking.

Finally Kuroshiro reached the place he had posted for the recruits who were ready for his lesson to meet him. The sun was crashing down on him, his cloak was heavy and he could already feel sweat rolling down his back. He looked towards the sun and stood patiently, clearing his mind of any thoughts relaxing his muscles and slowing his breathing.

OOC:

Please all are welcome who want to learn hand to hand, stance and fitness. I require an entry post of entering the courtyard of the fortress, with a description of yourself and also your greeting to Kuros. Whoever is first gets a reward, pray you are not late...I have a time and day in real life when this thread will move on, any one who posts after this gets to have more fun with Kuros. It is not a penance it is just fun.

Bert shook his head. He wasn't used to being up this early. He never got up this early. Never. Ever. So, he'd decided not to go to bed at all. It had seemed a smart choice at first, but when both his roommates had turned their cloaks on him and gone to sleep, all he had to entertain himself with was throwing his dagger into a table, something which more often than not awoke and summoned the wrath of his so called friends. Bastards they were. Yawning and tilting his head backwards to get the shoulder length hair out of his surprisingly brown, though blood shot, eyes, Bert entered the courtyard from the halls and looked around. Not too many children were about, but over in a corner he thought he could make out a rigid shape, standing at the ready, awaiting recruits. That must be Kuroshiro. Using his left arm, the one with the nifty scar, to rub his bare, somewhat chubby, belly, Bert started towards the waiting Child. Bert foresaw the day would be hot, and had as such decided not to wear any shirt or piece of clothing on his upper half. He would've dropped the pants too, if he didn't know what the officers did to streakers. He'd felt it himself, and had a burn mark on his left buttcheek to prove it.

Taking deliberate ease not to seem to eager as he approached, Bert thought he saw a slight hint of disapproval in Kuro's eyes as he eyed the bare chest of Bert. Though muscular, bert had always had a great love for food, and it showed slightly on his abdomen, though beneath the thin layer of fat was finely tuned muscles. Raising his left arm, trying to display his scar once more so he could recount the lie about the trollocs, well... More of a mis-remembered memory. Bert didn't like the word lie. And tripping over a rock was in many ways like getting attacked like Trollocs. Finally getting to the man, Bert saluted lazily and greeted him. "I'm Bert! How fare you?"

Zoe combed her black hair slowly, looking at her reflection in the mirror. She didn't know why she was bothering to tidy up when she knew she had a long tiring training coming up, one that will undoubtedly make her misrable. But like her mother used to say, without pain there was no gain. It might have been an irritating reality, but it was a truth that could not be denied.

Lowering her eyes to her left hand, Zoe considered the burn scar for a moment. It was a constant reminder to the hate and disgust she had for the witches. Whenever she was lacking determination or strength, the mark on the back of her hand gave her the push she needed to finish whatever she started.

Her cloud gray eyes darkened for a moment as the death of her mother played in her head. She put her anger aside. No doubt it will come in handy in the Training Class. Anger was a different kind of power that you could wield. Sometimes that very emotion was what made the difference between winning a fight or losing it. It was all about focusing it to where she needed it.

Leaving her room, she found her way to the courtyard in no time. She could see Bert from afar, approaching the person who seemed to be their instructer. Catching up with him, she arrived at Bert's side just as introduced himself to the man who was looking at him with a half annoyed and half mad expression, unsure which should take over his face. Zoe smiles at Bert. He wasn't wearing a shirt and was rubbing his belly, grinning at her. He had an unnatural sense of pride when it came to his belly. Zoe has to stiffle a laugh.

Tilting her head in respect towards the man, she wasn't sure how to refer to him. She didn't know his name nor his rank, and decided that tilting her head was sufficient. "Recruit Zoe, reporting, Sir." For a moment, her seriousness disappeared, as she appriciated the handsomeness of the man in front of her. A crooked smile escaped her lips, but she quickly smoothened her expression. He seemed prettier with a mad expression.

Her thoughts escaped her when Bert poked her side with his elbow, pointing at his belly as he made it ripple. All self restrain was gone and Zoe bagan laughing softly.

Zoe

Child

Kuroshiro looked at the disgrace of a man that had sauntered up to him. He was a mess, and an embarassment to the Children of the Light. Kuroshiro's fury flashed across his face, a rareity for him to get so angry, but he moved it from open view quickly. The fat man stood there with a smug look on his face. He obviously thought that it was suitable to wander around the fortress as he was. Other officers looked at Kuroshiro with disapproving looks as they walked by the two. This now meant that Kuroshiro was being judged as a poor disciplinarian by his peers. Kuroshiro's face bloomed scarlet for a second with pure anger. This time it was more of an effort to shove the emotion to one side. The straw that would have broken the Donkey's back, had another trainee not  arrived was when the man spoke to Kuroshiro. "I'm Bert! How fare you?"

Kuroshiro looked at the girl and he realised slightly too late that he still held anger on his face and definatly in his eyes. He would have to deal with this disrespectful man in a moment, as he himself was not going to disrespect the girl that had just arrived. He pulled a smile which he could not tell whether it was succesful in ridding the anger from his face. The girl spoke, "Recruit Zoe, reporting, Sir." Kuros saw the small smile but let it slide. Just before he could say something in reply Bert nudged the other recruit and wobbled his belly. Kuroshiro's eyes fell on Bert with a long stare of bloody murder, and just as the girl started to laugh Kuros moved with a sudden fluid movement, his fist planted itself into the mans over large belly. In his movement he had swivelled his body and aimed an inch behind the point where he hit to ensure a good contact was made. The grunt that came out of Bert was loud and he toppled to the floor doubled over in a wheezing mass. He was sucking in air as hard as he could through his teeth but it was never enough, the groans that were coming out of him were sufficient enough for Kuroshiro not to add a swift boot to his belly.

He turned away from the curled up recruit and looked at Zoe. Her mouth was hanging open in shock. There was no trace of the amusement on her face any longer, and when Kuroshiro tilted his head her jaw snapped shut with an audible click and her eyes dropped slightly. Kuroshiro began to talk.

"Welcome Recruit, I am 2nd Lieutenant Kuroshiro" The man paused in his speech and looked at the girl, "I would normally expect you to tell me your family name when you give your name to anyone of higher rank, but for this first introduction I will allow a reprieve. Ensure it does not happen again" Turning on his heels Kuroshiro walked over to where Bert was trying to get onto his haunches, and upon reaching the man Kuroshiro grabbed his hair and hauled him up. "Even more than Rudeness, I hate blatant disregard to authority!" His voice indicated danger and his face indicated that he did not mind following through with his thoughts. "You have embarassed me on your first lesson...even before it started, and now I shall embarass you!" Kuroshiro let his hand fall from the mans hair and watched as Bert tried to steady himself, still slightly hunched from the blow to his stomach. "Firstly I will name you Recruit Piles, and secondly..." Kuroshiro stepped back, "Strip all of your clothes off. You will train in your skin only! Do not think I am joking Recruit Piles, because if a smile cracks your lips you will be severley punished." Turning back to Zoe he smiled once more, "You will find I am strict but fair. Do as you are told and you will be rewarded. Cross me and you will be punished. Do you understand my simply rules Recruit....?"

Kuroshiro waited for the woman to tell him his family name before going on.

Waking up, feeling refreshed, Edalia jumped out of bed, washed and dressed and raced down to the training yard.

She was eager for her first training lesson. She tried not to show it though as she walked into the training area and was disappointed to notice that she wasn't the first to arrive. Puzzlement was etched on her face as she saw the instructor punch the guy to the ground and snarl at both the guy and the girl standing in front of him.

Walking slowly but confidently up to the Instructor, she waited for his acknowledgment before speaking.

"My name is Edalia C'anthau, Instructor, I am here for the training lesson."

Inclining her head slightly she could not help but glance sideways at the man who was currently taking his trousers off. Arching an eyebrow at him, she suddenly caught herself and looked back at the Instructor.

Kuroshiro did not get a reply straight away as he was interrupted by another recruit arriving. She had an heir of  confidence to her walk, however there was something in her eyes as she came closer, slight uneasiness came through, and was most likely to do with Recruit Piles stripping to his bare skin. Kuroshiro gave a quick glance to the man, checking his slow progress and barked at the man, “When I give an order you will follow it with the appropriate speed! Pace and Passion Recruit Piles! Pace and Passion!” That last part was delivered with the force of an order and made Recruit Piles speed up his snails pace to that of a Tortoise on herbs to make it fall asleep. Kuroshiro smiled at the clear insubordination of the man, and vowed himself to whip him into shape, whether it be through words or the whip.

Turning back to the new arrival Kuroshiro held his smile, but he could still feel a slight warmth of anger in his eyes. This was not meant for Edalia but she was standing in front of him. “Welcome Recruit C’anthau. There is no need to call me Instructor.” The smile grew on Kuroshiro’s face, he always liked politeness and formalities, and the second he expected. “You will address me as Sir and nothing else. You may only refer to me by my name when I cannot hear you.” He looked at the three recruits standing in front of him and meant that speech for them all. “Now then, we will begin the lesson. The first thing we will do is stand to attention and call out your name. He looked at the recruit on the left hand side of the three and clicked his heels together, stood his back straighter than it was before, and placed his right hand on his sword hilt that hung at his hip. The sweltering sun shone down and was still making Kuroshiro sweat under his white cloak, but that same sun reflected the brilliance of the cleanly pressed cloaks that were dotted around the courtyard of the fortress.

Twisting and pulling his left sock off, and throwing it in the little pile of clothing next to him, Bert stood up straight after having finished his unclothing. Part of him wanted to smile at the irony of the situation, seeing as he had infact preferred going out au naturale this morning, but was, as always, hindered by the strict rules of the children. The other part wanted to punch this Kuroshiro back for the punch he himself had just recently received, though he knew this was hardly the wisest course of action. His stomach still hurt from the blow, but he'd be damned if he rubbed it and showed weakness infront of the instructor. Instead he affixed a blank and obedient look on his face and stood upright, not even blushing at his nakedness. Passing children cast him strange looks, but when they saw Kuroshiro they seemed to accept Bert's state of clothing and wandered on to their own little private doings and whatnots.

Standing there, feeling the wind and sun on his naked body, Bert felt strangely at east, the pain and anger at the punch nearly forgotten. Tilting his head slightly upwards, but not too much so that Kuro would notice, Bert gazed at the blue sky, dotted with white clouds and as a burning fire at the top of the world, the sun itself, the symbol of the children. Bert smiled a private smile to himself and tried to concentrate on the lesson at hand. Bert stood attention. He called out his name. He thought some bad thoughts about Kuroshiro.

Zoe was bemused. She suspected Kuroshiro did not realize how comfortable Bert was being naked. Hell, the man would have forgo clothes totally if it was socially acceptable. At times it seemed that, for him, wearing clothes was a liability. And here he was... his dream practically made true. And all thanks to an instructor who was really trying to penalize him. Oh, the irony was overpowering.

Risking a sideways glance to Bert, Zoe worked hard to hide her smile. The disapporoving looks from other CoL walking by only made her task harder. The whole situation suddenly seemed hilarious. Smoothening her expression, Zoe's face redened a bit. She suspected that if she dared let out the faintest laugh, she would be handled roughly. She thought that Kuroshiro had no problem hitting a woman. An assumption that Zoe suspected she'd prove in the near future.

"Now then, we will begin the lesson. The first thing we will do is stand to attention and call out your name." Zoe looked at Demi as he did as ordered, seemingly quite at ease. Zoe rested her hands to her sides, stood straight, with her heels touching each other. "Zoe Soneal, Sir." Zoe Pursed her lips to prevent a smile, as she caught Bert scaratching one of his butt cheeks, from the corner of her eye. Closing and reopening her eyelids, she concentrated on remaining serious. Something that seemed nearly impossible around Bert, and a naked one at that!

Zoe

Child

Edalia nodded at the Instructors' words, trying hard not to look at the stripping recruit. She got into line and waited for the others to bark out their names. While waiting her turn she stood up straight, shoulders back and tried her best to emulate the Children she'd seen on around the Barracks. When the recruit next to her finished shouting her name, Edalia inflated her lungs and belted out: "Edalia C'anthau, Sir!" then settled back on her heels, looking straight ahead.

She so wanted to impress here. She hadn't had much chance to prove herself, but here amongst the Children of Light she hoped that she could make her mark.

Kuroshiro looked at each recruit as they shouted out there name and enscribed each one to memory. He had a good memory for putting names to faces and now he would not forget their names. He gave no preferential treatment in his lessons, well at least he thought he did not, but as the recruits in front of him have already noticed he will come down hard on ill disciplined recruits. Looking at Recruit Piles he noted that he was not paying enough attention and he was distracting one of the other recruits. This was not how it should be. Anger once again brimmed in him, but he now did not let it touch his face, his yes however burned hotter than the sun itself.

"Since we all seem to be enjoying this day too much, I think we will start our lesson!" Kuros paced up and down in front of the three raw rectuits. "I think I will set some rules! Recruit Piles, as you will be advantaged by the start of the lesson you will not allowed to be able to drink any water." Kuros smiled at the other two recruits. "We are going for a run, this will test your fitness and I will be able to see what you are made of." Kuroshiro turned and set off at a fast pace towards the gate of the Fortress and shouted behind. "Follow me, and keep up...if you can!"

OOC: Right, please remember Kuros has been involved in battles as well as being fit and used to working in the CotL garb. Also remember it is very hot and the sun is not at its peak yet. We will be running at a good pace for 1 hour, but the pace will slow as you get tired. So please RP your experiences. We will be running along the road, there will be other peple about, and then we will cut off into fields and then into a copse where we will settle in a clearing. Please have fun with your writing, do not be afraid.

Setting off after Kuroshiro, Edalia hoped that she wouldn't make a fool of herself. It'd been a long while since she'd run any distance and, although quite fit, she didn't think she could keep the pace he had set for long. However she was determined not to embarrass herself, she concentrated on her breathing, in through the nose and out through the mouth...Light it was getting hot, she started to sweat....in through the nose out through the mouth...

Her legs were already feeling the strain and her lungs were burning. Kuroshiro looked as if he had no intention of stopping yet, the man wasn't even breaking a sweat for Light's sake! Glancing around at her fellow recruits nearly had her on her nose as she stumbled on a stone and nearly bumped into a passing Child. Fortunately she managed to recover herself before she crashed to the ground and turned it into an ungainly stumble.

Trying to shut out the pain from her aching muscles she returned to concentrated on her breathing..in through the nose out through the mouth...inhale, exhale....

Light, he had a cute backside, it was very distracting...inhale, exhale....

She carried on looking forward, not daring to see how the others were getting on after the last stumble, inhale, exhale...

Light! she could use a drink, it was already hot out there and the sun hadn't even reached its noonday peak! 

Edalia had a feeling it was going to be a long day.

• 2 weeks later...

Bert ran. He could feel his privates slapping against his thighs. Jogging at a fast pace behind Kuroshiro, Bert couldn't help but grin once more, as he sensed the heat emitted by his fellow children. Running naked had it's advantages. Though, he had to admit, his feet hurt something awful, and he was certain something small and pointy had stuck itself inside his left foot. Breathing heavily, Bert jogged on, much more fit than his gut would propose. Looking around him as they jogged, he noticed a few queer looks from passerbys, both children and civilians. He waved at some farm girls who subdued to a giggling fit as he jogged by. Smiling widely before he remembered how tough this whole jogging scheme was, Bert jogged on, forever on and on. After a while, once the sun rose, Bert started wishing for clothes again. Sure, nudity had its perks, but as the sun's rays caressed his skin roughly, hurting him more than the wind blowing in his face would soothe, Bert could feel a nasty sun burn working it's way into his system. Fixing a steady expression on his face, Bert jogged on, forever on.

More time passed, it felt like days, though Bert knew hardly three quarters of an hour could've gone by. He'd just remembered how much he hated running. And it hurt. Everywhere. He wanted to run up behind Kuroshiro and strangle him. If only he could catch up with him. By now, Bert had fallen behind the lead, and was jogging docilely with the rear guard, who seemed to be shunning him. Bert figured it was the nudity. That or the smell. He figured jogging nudely would produce a lot of bodily fluids, and by the Light, he was right. And forever on he jogged. Until they stopped.

• 3 weeks later...

Zoe sighed. Running wasn't exactly one of her hobbies. While she wasn't terribly bad at it, it wouldn't be something she would chose to do in her spare time. Walking was more to her liking. It was relaxing, refreshing, gave place for a pleasant conversation. Running, on the other hand, was tiring, made you sweat and was, more often then never, painful.

But she had to persevere. Giving up was easy. But it also marked you weak. And Zoe was anything but weak. She maintained her breathing best she could. Her throat was growing dry and she started to cough, which disrupted her breathing. She had to work some moisture to her mouth to stop coughing and she quickly returned to inhaling and exhaling, her lungs already starting to burn. Sweat was rolling down her forehead. It was unpleasant, but against the pain in her legs and hips, it was almost unnoticed. Almost.

The only thing that saved her from collapsing in the endless run, was Bert. Seeing him run in the state he was, gave her both amusement and strength. If he could withstand the run so bare to the sun and the rough ground, what excuse did she have for not making it? None. She had to stay true to her goal and carry on. Even if that meant slowing down. The important thing was not quitting.

Zoe

CotL

Kuros was hot, he had sweat running down most of his body. He could feel that prickly heat on the base of his spine which was starting to turn into a dull ache. Kuroshiro was not the greatest fan of running in the heat, but these children needed to learn what work was. The run lasted a long while, and with the occasional check behind he slowed the pace of the run down accordingly to what the group required, but still pushing them beyond their comfort zones. He also noted that Recruit Piles was enjoying himself too much, Kuros however smiled at what was to come.

Eventually the group reached their destination. Looking around they were standing in a clearing in a wood. There was a lightning cracked stump in the middle of the clearing and to one side lay a large stream. "Go down to the water and wash the sweat off. Amuse yourselves for the next 30 minutes and present yourselves back at the stump in line!" Kuroshiro barked the order sternly and turned expecting the recruits to move without any need for any more prompting.

Walking up to the stump Kuroshiro placed the sack he had carried with him and pulled out three lead balls the size of his fist, three lathes and a small tripod and ceramic bowl. Placing a ball and lathe at exact distances around the trunk Kuroshiro smiled once more. He set the Tripod up in his usual spot inside the trunk and started a small fire underneath the ceramic bowl which was now placed on the tripod. Placing some different herbs in the bowl with a touch of water he let the herbs burn for a while taking in the heady aroma and then went into the woods for the last 5 minutes to search for the last thing he needed.

OOC: Sorry for the long wait however I have been on Holiday in Scotland. I am back now however.

Please interact, wash look around, observe Kuros, anything you want you can do. Do not forget however be back in 30 minutes. You do not want to be late...or do you? This is your chance to mix with your fellow students.

• 2 weeks later...

After being slightly disturbed by an odd smile from Kuroshiro, Bert trotted down to the water, chuckling to himself as the other children had to remove their heavy armor to cool themselves in the refreshing spring. Bert himself merely jumped in. It would probably be better if he hadn't landed on a rock, but he still didn't complaint. First after a few minutes in the water Bert started noticing the burns. The sun had been less merciful than he'd thought, and, he had to admit, it hurt like something out of the pit itself. As he was splashing happily, and painfully, Bert started noticing looks from the other children. Poor souls, Bert thought, unaccustomed to the physique of man. He waved at them all. Zoe seemed to giggle at the sight of him, so he saw no other option than to smile back at her and continue his trashing through the cooling wetness. It reminded him of the last time he bathed. It wasn't all that long ago, couldn't have been more than a week. He started counting on his fingers. Nevermind that. Feeling he was clean enough, Bert stood up, somewhat abruptly and, as an effect of that, in a cascade of spring water. Walking up to the bank Bert found himself a cozy spot next to a hot rock and lay himself down for some quick shuteye... ZzzZzzz...