DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Your favourite moment

Wolfsbane

The favorite moment so far was early in the series

Book four: The Shadow Rising

Chapter 10: The Stone Stands

Page 197: Beginning at paragraph 6

Everytime I come across a section where Rand is being pompous and snobbish, I remember this scene and realize just how powerful he really is, yet also vulnerable and simply a man.

As the series develops, Rand may act self-absorbed, but I don't believe that is his true nature. He plays the part he is expected to play... the Dragon Reborn, a man that must die to save others, because after all "Death can not be healed."

One of my favorites is in the great hunt when Rand fights the blade master and he says something like

"Lets see what it takes to earn a heron blade on this side of the ocean" (not sure on the quote I dont have a coppy with me otherwise I'd get the actual quote)

I just like how Rand realizes that he is in a lot of trouble and still fights and manages to win

One of my favourites is in Knife of Dreams...

*SPOILER!!!!!*

...when the Trollocs attack the mansion Rand is in, and, for the first time in the series, Lews Therin Telamon takes complete control of saidin from Rand, and shows the Asha'man and Aes Sedai, the Trollocs and everyone else, what channelling is really about!

"My hands! I need to raise my hands!"

Brilliant. I love that bit.

*END SPOILER*

The favorite moment so far was early in the series

Book four: The Shadow Rising

Chapter 10: The Stone Stands

Page 197: Beginning at paragraph 6

Everytime I come across a section where Rand is being pompous and snobbish' date=' I remember this scene and realize just how powerful he really is, yet also vulnerable and simply a man.

As the series develops, Rand may act self-absorbed, but I don't believe that is his true nature. He plays the part he is expected to play... the Dragon Reborn, a man that must die to save others, because after all "Death can not be healed."[/quote']

My favourite part is much for the same reason as this, it's when Rand is fighting Ba'alzamon in the sky above Falme. He knows that he can't win so he deny's Ba'alzamon who he thinks is the DO and then sheats the sword so he can strike Ba'alzamon so Egwene will be safe. I find this is one of the parts in the book where we see Rand's true character.

Rand's return from Rhuidean and his acceptance as the Car'a'carn is amazing, that whole episode is entertaining. His scenes with his father, Tam, are always very touching too.

Also, any bits to do with Aviendha fascinate me. She has to be the only one of the women that I like 100% of the time although Verin comes a close second.

SPOILER !!!!!!!!!!!

I loved the scene in KoD pg 437 with the 3 Malkieri laughing and crying as they shout "The Golden Crane flies for Tarmon Gai'don". Fantastic moment. I actually liked Nynaeve for a brief second there lol.

Deepest apologies :( that was thoughtless of me. Was so caught up in my own train of thought it never occurred to me.

If its any consolation it doesn't really tell you much there's a lot more to it but I am sorry.

Archived