DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Your favourite moment

Wolfsbane

What was your favourite moment in the WoT series? What captured everything so perfectly, just stood out for you as the pinnacle moment so far- that just reassured you were a WoT-junkie for life?

Lan and the Golden Crane?

Rand cleansing Saidin?

Mat.. just pick somewhere, it's bound to be good.

My personal favourite moment has to be:

With Perrin, after the GIGANTIC battle at the Two Rivers, after destroying thousands of Trollocs, having his wife come in with the cavalry, after he took out a Mydraal with a broken leg, dissed some Whitecloaks- Perrin riding back to the Winespring Inn with Faile in his arms, while the Two Rivers folk are shouting his name, and you know everybody's favourite wolfie is gonna get some.

Best moment, ever.

Pray tell, what be yours?

Picking a favorite scene in The Wheel of Time is like picking a favorite apple from a bushell of your favorite apples (alright, the analogy is stupid, but you get the point).

It's hard for me to pick when even small forgettable scenes like Juilin threatening two Aes Sedai with cooking oil and salt are memorable moments that I love to read again and again.

But if I have to pick an all time favorite scene, I'd go with Mat meeting the Eelfinn. He's just so Mat in that scene. Telling everyone what he wants, and how much he deserves it, when in reality he has NO idea what he's about to get himself into. And it's also such a catalyst for his character and the series. I love it. I've read that scene over and over and over and over and over and over again (along with his visit to the Aelfinn) just to pass the time on a Saturday afternoon, because it reminds me how much I love this series.

Two favorites out of many:

First, in the beginning of tEoTW, when Moiraine tells the story of Manetheren. It's just a wonderful moment.

And second, Dumais Wells when Rand breaks free, stilling a couple of Aes Sedai at the same time. Love that :wink:

okay, all-time favorite? when mat smokes galad and gawyn in the white tower. so freading sweet. put those two pretty boys right in their place.

second place right now is one of perrin's. he's not really my favorite, most of the time. like a lot of us, i've noticed. but when he stomps that bug in knife of dreams, and just says, "burn the dark one." that is some good stuff right there. that's calling the dark one out, right there. that one moment redeemed perrin in my eyes. for all the stuff i didn't really feel like reading about him, for all the times i've just said, "okay, how many more pages until i get to read about someone else?" for all the rest... this puts it all into perspective. from that point on, any time i hear badmouthing of perrin, i just think to myself, "yeah, that's true, but look what he did here."

My favourite bits are those that you forget about until you re-read them, like Mat showing his battle knwonlegde skills with Lan, Thom and his Game of Houses ownage, Mat playing stones with Olver and so many more that i wont remmeber till i read them again

The battle at Cairhien. The beginning of the Band of the Red Hand. And for some reason, I really like when Rand stretches his limits too far and collapses.

I also like when Rand lost his hand. His comment about having to learn the sword again just makes me laugh.

Mat is my favorite character overall, so my two favorite moments are with him.

first is the fight between him and the two royal pretty-boys. He trounces them while weak at the knees.

Second is when he takes command of a section of the army in the battle for Carhein. That set him up as a great general and started the Band of the Red Hand. Great moment.

For some reason, I love the bits when the girls emerge from the ter'angreal for testing Accepted and Aes Sedai, and the reality of what they've just done and completed and survived comes crashing in on them.

Also the description of the time with the Green Man and the Eye of the World - how beautiful and earthy and magickal all at once.

But I agree with Duinn, the best bits are just little things here and there that I forget until it gives me a thrill next time I re-read ...

Dumai's Wells. Definately. Rand bursting out of that box after being tortured for so long... The rest of the battle is frigteningly gory, but vividly told.

The odd thing is that Rand is really my least favorite characther - he's such a woolhead most of the time. But I definately sympathized with him in this scene.

Mission impossible... I've reread Dumai Wells so many times and just watching Rand go mad laughing to himself in the chest then just tear the Aes Sedai apart in rage was pretty awesome.

My favorite battle scene though has to be Mat taking charge and the start of the Red Hand.

Perrin has his moments here and there. Almost all of Mat's moments are pretty good although I didn't really gain an appreciation of how cool he was until he finally stepped up as somebody in the battle at Cairhein and took charge. I like how Rand is so independent and always gets himself into trouble going in over his head, but he usually comes out alright. It was tough reading when he lost his hand though and what's come of him. He's just become so dark and gloomy, although when he goes off in the finale will definitely be a spectacle.

It's hard for me to pick when even small forgettable scenes like Juilin threatening two Aes Sedai with cooking oil and salt are memorable moments that I love to read again and again.

Kadere, I love that part, but my favorite part would have to be the part where Mat spanks Joline. When Tuon kept calling him toy and all that, I really wish he had done that to her.

And Wolfsbane, I also love that part after the HUGE battle at the Two Rivers.

"Mother's milk in a cup!" :lol:

(sorry, no refs to where...)

When i read that I laughed so hard i had to put the book down!

• 3 weeks later...

Hasn't someone already created a swear word thread yet?

Egwene walking into the grand hall and all of the novices standing and waiting for her to sit was pretty good, especially coming from someone who has been less of an Egwene fan from the start.

As well as Birgitte and Min and Aviendha desperately trying to get drunk in order to ignore the feelings and sensations while Elayne and Rand get better acquainted. I couldn't stop laughing.

*yawn* a late night thread bump

wolfs

Hasn't someone already created a swear word thread yet?

Egwene walking into the grand hall and all of the novices standing and waiting for her to sit was pretty good, especially coming from someone who has been less of an Egwene fan from the start.

As well as Birgitte and Min and Aviendha desperately trying to get drunk in order to ignore the feelings and sensations while Elayne and Rand get better acquainted. I couldn't stop laughing.

*yawn* a late night thread bump

wolfs

Guest Lord Captain Valda

I have 2 but the first one by far.

1.When Nynavae(sp?) cured Logain. At that point I dropped the book and said, out loud,"NO WAY!" RJ had me so convinced so trusting in his fact that it couldn't be done and then BOOM! It was so exciting the way he described it and it was the impossible come true. I can't remember what book it was in but it was definately my favoritr"wow" part of that book.

2. Dumai's Wells. I have read and reread that part so many times I've lost count. For me, it was the unveiling of the Asha'man. It stunned me what harsh things Rand had created because up to then in the series he hadn't "hardened" into was he was at the end of KoD.

Guest Lord Captain Valda

I have 2 but the first one by far.

1.When Nynavae(sp?) cured Logain. At that point I dropped the book and said, out loud,"NO WAY!" RJ had me so convinced so trusting in his fact that it couldn't be done and then BOOM! It was so exciting the way he described it and it was the impossible come true. I can't remember what book it was in but it was definately my favoritr"wow" part of that book.

2. Dumai's Wells. I have read and reread that part so many times I've lost count. For me, it was the unveiling of the Asha'man. It stunned me what harsh things Rand had created because up to then in the series he hadn't "hardened" into was he was at the end of KoD.

Archived