DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

DejaVu: a type of foretelling? Or dreamwalking?

GrandpaG

I wasn't expecting to see all these comments in this thread, but it is kind of cool.  All the talk of dreamwalking in the books reminds me of some dream studies of my own when I was younger.

Has anyone heard of Lucid Dreaming?  I did a lot of reading/studying on it many years ago.  I even found a book that teaches you how to have lucid dreams.  A lucid dream is where you realilize you are dreaming while in a dream - there are different degrees, but when you are fully lucid, it is pretty amazing.  I can't even begin to explain the feeling.  Again, it reminds me of the talk of dreamwalking in the books. 

I did this for about a year and would have a lucid dream on average about once a week (again different degrees of lucidity - only fully lucid about once a month).  But part of the program helps you remember your dreams and I got to the point where I would remember 7-8 dreams a night sometimes - everynight.  It was really cool for a while. 

I still have my dream journal - that was another part of the program - I haven't looked at it in years.  But then some very strange things started happening in the lucid dreams that I can't even begin to explain, but it pretty much scared the living daylights out of me and I stopped doing the program all together. 

After reading the books I keep wanting to start trying to lucid dream again, because their description reminds me of some of the things in lucid dreaming.  It makes me believe that Robert Jordan is very familar with lucid dreaming. 

Sorry, didn't mean to completely go off on this subject, but the topic brought up some old memories.  I would be interested in knowing if others have had experiences and/or knowledge with lucid dreaming.

y'are, but its fun to read, =]

Whenever I fly, there is always fear, and power. I have to jump into my flights, always, if i start off on the ground. Once im in the air, my flights can either require myself straining to jump as im in the air (somehow) or moving my arms like I am pushing the air down, and myself up. It is never easy, except i cover ground much easier, and I have a surprising amount of control at times.

Can you levitate, too?  There's a street magician on TV who lifts himself off the ground while standing right next to the people watching him.  I dream every now and then that I can do that.  Not very far.  Maybe a couple of inches.  It is a great strain.  I somehow use anti-gravity.  Long, memorable dream.

actually, in my dreams, thats generally what i do when i say flying. im almost always upright when i fly, i didnt mention that before did i? its like i push myself off the ground, through jumping, pushing with hands etc. and i can stear myself by falling in a certain direction, or pushing myself into that direction if i want to go quickly or have to fight a wind

(one dream was amazing, but horribly scary, i was levitating/flying above docks in a storm, and I would land on the docks, get scared i would fall in, then fly back up again, only to realise the wind is too strong that i will land on the docks or land again for certain)

Sorry, didn't mean to completely go off on this subject, but the topic brought up some old memories.  I would be interested in knowing if others have had experiences and/or knowledge with lucid dreaming.

never heard of it, but i think i used to do something like that. I used to need alot of sleep, because i would sleep deeply, yet i dreamt alot, and sometimes remembered my dreams. The scariest dream ive had to this day, i woke up screaming for my mom, as i was in the dream, and i was in a cold sweat. All that had happened in the dream was that 3 rats were coming towards my bed, at a camp i go to yearly, since ive been 2 weeks old. They all had red eyes, and one had orange wings and was flying straight for me, as the others flanked my bed. I know, retarded, but I was , and still am, scared to death of that dream.

Edit: also, im interested, how can i lucid dream?

Hmm...well once I had two dreams where I was on holiday and for some reason it was interrupted. The next week my dad got a call saying he had an interview right in the middle of when we were supposed to go on our hols.

One time when the phone rang, it just popped into my head that it would be my aunt in tears. It wasn't but a minute later someone knocked on the door and it was my aunt in tears.

There's been some other incidents, but I can't think of any more right now lol.

I've never really had a "dreamwalking" experience though, but that'd be amazing.

Monty,

I sent you an e-mail with some more info on Lucid Dreaming. 

ok, i ALMOst deleted it for the kind of spam you dont want, then i thought, how would they know i was interested in lucid dreaming?

Thanks,

Archived