DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Cold And Cloudy Day (Attn: Anyone)

Davian

Demetrius Schezar woke on this cold, gray morning with a slight film of sweat on his face. He hadn't much sleep but instead had kept awake most of the night with memories of old days now long past. Memories of his Soldier days when he had formed a group of young ones with the goal of becoming the elite of the Black Tower. Memories of Dumai's Wells and the destruction he had wrought there. Memories of the dead. His wife. The woman he met afterwards. They would never leave his dreams, forever tormenting his soul.

He rose out of his bed and the dark sky out his window promised little sunshine that would fail to stay for long. He reached for saidin and grasped it, the harsh torrents of death and life flowing through his veins, widening his eyes and waking him completely from his memories. He heated water with a small thread of Fire and washed, dressed, and placed his Sword and Dragon pins on their appropriate collars of his Black Coat. After some pause, he picked up his medical coat and slipped it on.

As he walked through the Tower grounds he could spot the field where young ones ran their Koras Laps and he could recall his physical training, his mentor Collin al'Reyan pushing him past his limits. Walking still he could see the barracks for Recruits and Soldiers, where he had spent much of his time with friends that were now dead, missing, or just on Black Tower business.

He could see stone faced Asha'man coming out of houses similar to his own, the new Recruits, the eager Soldiers, and the groggy Dedicated walking to their lessons or to the Mess Hall for food. Seeing the medical building ahead, he sat down on a rock, bent his head, and closed his eyes.

OOC: you look like you could use some company.

IC:

Drenn focussed his mind as he lifted the sword above his head and thrust down into the weave of earth he had before him. He'd woven a shield of air around his blade to protect it from damage as he assaulted the rock forms he set before himself. Sometimes if it was just out of reach he tweaked the weave and the blade of air extended to reach where steel could not. It was more tiring working both physically and with Saidin but that made it all the better a workout. As he brought the sword around he struck out with his leg to see how high he could get it now. It was above his head so obviously his stretches had been paying off. He continued like this until he saw the sun begin to appear on the horizon, glinted in his black eyes. He didn't really sleep any more and if he happened to drift off during the night, being off in the forest kept him away from others just in case. The smell of burning flesh never left him, no matter how long ago it had been.

Walking back through the odd assortment of houses he wondered if he should make one himself. Every other Asha'man had one except him. Even Rion had made a pretty decent one for himself and Jocelyn. He chuckled at the thought of those two. They made quite the interesting pair. He also wondered how the man might be with Linten back in the yards now. He asked himself the same question. Light, they'd drawn blades on each other the last time he'd seen him before the man disappeared. What a mess his life had become.

As his mind drifted back to the houses he realized there wasn't that much space left even if he'd wanted to make one. He'd have to think of something else. Maybe below? He could use his strength in earth and fire to forge out a home beneath the ground. Speaking of forging, he hadn't been the the smiths in a long time. He missed the feel of a hammer in his hand. He hadn't been in a forge much since he'd finished his sword years back. Back at home. Back when there was a home... His mind was wandering everywhere this morning, thoughts just jumping out at him from the deepest recesses of his mind.

He saw another Asha'man infront of him sit down on a rock and just drop his head. Sitting down on a rock next to him he did the same.

"It's just one of those mornings isn't it..."

O.O.C. Dude... thanks man. :) My hero :D lol, My character is so hard to play now because I've been on LoA so long. I want to catch up with people!

I.C. Some of the sounds of distant training ceased and Demetrius heard a man sit next to him. He only shuffled in his stone seat to make himself comfortable and continued to look at the dust that had settled on the ground.

"It's just one of those mornings isn't it..."

"Looks like it." Demetrius said in a very bland, bored voice. He looked up and noticed the Dragon Pin on the man's collar immediately and the face before him drew up silent memories. He knew of this Asha'man. Drenn Kolgren. He could remember when Drenn was slightly younger and had joined the ranks of the Black Tower. Demetrius had already been an Asha'man for quite some time.

They seem to shoot up the ranks faster than I can keep track of them! Good grief.

"I don't believe we've had the pleasure of meeting. I'm Demetrius Schezar." Demetrius extended a hand and greeted the fellow.

O.O.C. I don't really know where to take this... perhaps we can train or perhaps we can go visit someone? Stalk someone? Kill Trollocs? Whatever you'd like :D We're Ashies, we can do anything lol.

OOC: Well how about we head over to the inn to see what Dash is cooking up for breakfast to give any others an opportunity to join up and take it from there?

IC:

"Drenn Kolgren. And I believe you're right." He shook the man's hand as he completed the introduction. Just when he had been starting to think he'd met everyone here... The man was obviously older then him though not by all that much. All the same, this was someone who had servived being an Asha'man far longer then he had yet. He couldn't help but wonder if it was merely luck that kept some of them from going mad or if there was something else to it. Light, how long had it been since he'd slept properly? The nightmares plauged him constantly. And he sometimes woke up with more then just a memeory... It was then that his stomach growled.

"Well it seems to me that it's about time to find something to eat. Would you care to join me for breakfast?"

OOC: I'm not entirely sure where to take this either. :? I've mentioned quite a few things regarding Drenn that gives you a bit of insight to him. If any of thoe things catch your interest let me know and we could follow that a bit. Or we could hang on and think of something else. Trips to te blight, outside cities, taunt the Children of the light(easy)? I'm for just about anything. :P

Arath mulled over his food, not tasting much of anything. The bacon and eggs at the inn were up to their fine standard, as always, but Arath's mind was elsewhere. Struggling to figure out what he would be doing today. It was one of those rare days at the Farm where he was completely free. No classes to teach, no patrol duty, no other assignments . . . no nothing. Odd that he stressed more over his free time than his scheduled time. He vaguely supposed that it would be a good time to get to work on his own house, but already suspected that it would be just one more thing he would procrastinate.

The door opened and Arath watched a pair of Asha'man enter. Drenn and Demetrius. It still surprised Arath at times to see men with the Dragon pin that he remembered without any pins at all. But it was a far better thing than remembering the many men that had fallen since that fateful battle at Dumai's Wells.

Not having anything better to do, Arath watched the other two. If they were also looking for something to do, he was sure he could think of something to persaude them into. Houses just didn't build themselves you know . . .

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Mind if I join?

IC:

Bratr was wandering again. He paid little attention to his surroundings as he was engrossed in a book he was reading. It spoke about the Hawking Era and about the siege of Tar Valon. He was at the moment reading about Arthur Hawking and his beginnings. It wasn't that interesting but Bratr wanted to get past the section quickly so he could finally start to read about the legendary battles, and how Hawking forged his empire.

Bratr was careful to look up from time to time so he wouldn't bump into anyone. Then just as he was reading about some weird city old customs he heard the sound of hoof beats. Bratr looked up and had only time to jump sideways of the road as the horsemen thundered by. The man didn't stop but continued quickly on.

Bratr had jumped without looking, accordingly he landed in a way he didn't exactly want to land. Bratr flung out his hands to break his fall. He he fell against the wall of the inn and tore up his black cloak.

Great, that will probably earn me extra duties if there is an inspection. I guess reading in the street wasn't such a bright idea.

Bratr dusted of his book. Some dirt had got caught in between the pages. Books were precious things. He needed to get the dirt out.

I need a place to sit and do this right.

Bratr then took bearings on his surroundings and looked up to see the inns sign. As if on cue his stomach growled.

"Good a place as any." Bratr mummbled to himself and then pushed the door to the inn open. Most of the tables were taken so he took sat down at one near the back. The table right next to his was occupied by an Asha'man.

Bratr tried to act inconspicuous as he ate. It wasn't that he was doing anything wrong, it was just that he was a soldier and he wasn't doing anything. If the Asha'man saw him, Bratr would probably spend the day soveling dirt and Bratr wanted badly to read.