DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Delectable Delights - Fun with Food!

LadyWordsmith

Once upon a time- I think maybe before we swapped to forums- we had a thread about foods people were making. So I thought it might be fun to have a spot to talk tasty treats, and share ideas (and occasionally recipes should we be so inclined). 

Recently I've started down a new dessert research track (different from my usual cookies and cakes): Custards! Starting with this, my first ever crème brûlée! (Yes the recipe in the cookbook said to bake in a rectangular pan, it's a very old recipe). It turned out to be much simpler than I was anticipating, and delicious! Custard based desserts are some of my favorites. Also - Broilers work VERY fast! I made this when we had friends over this past weekend for a slightly-late St. Patrick's Day get together. 
May be an image of food

Edited by LadyWordsmith

Something fun that has been going on lately is our SCA Principality has been doing a 'bake-off' challenge at every event (that also fuels a bake sale to help raise money since our Principality is new).

So I made something new a couple of weeks ago! These are "Candied Orange." Cookies. Sugar cookies stuffed with orange marmalade, and topped with honey and pecans. Fun and fast! Will definitely make these again.

May be an image of dessert and indoor

Thank you! They turned out to be quite popular. ? (I hadn't realized how many people really like orange marmalade). And my husband has already requested a version with strawberry. I think pretty much any fruit that comes in a preserved form would work in these nicely.