DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The big reveals you are looking forward to.

Scarloc99

24 minutes ago, Agitel said:

Not strictly a reveal, but I really hope we get the Rand-Maiden dynamics. I love how some treat him as a little brother, some as a big brother, and a few as a son. I want to see Rand run himself to exhaustion at Cairhien and the maidens get increasingly concerned and have to guide him back to camp with sympathy in their eyes and voices.

Adding to that: I wonder how much they will keep the "I will not put a woman in danger" aspect. I guess some see it as sexist/misogynist but I'd like to have at least some of it

2 hours ago, DaddyFinn said:

Adding to that: I wonder how much they will keep the "I will not put a woman in danger" aspect. I guess some see it as sexist/misogynist but I'd like to have at least some of it

Yeah that is a tough one because even women are really divided over that one. Some want to feel protected by "their man" while others take it as an insult.

I'm rather hoping that these episodes are later revealed to be nothing more than visions, induced by the taint, within some poor doomed man's mind, that are subsequently replaced by accurate representations of Jordan's works.

At this point though;  the only characters I would be interested in seeing are the Forsaken, the Snakes and the Foxes.  Oh, and even though he was not an accurate representation of the written character;  Padan Fain/Ordeith was always good for a sardonic laugh in the books.

On 11/26/2021 at 4:55 AM, DaddyFinn said:

Well it absolutely is sexist of Rand to have that view. That doesn't mean it's sexist/misogynist to keep it in the show, the narrative is constantly punishing him for it (quite literally and physically on at least one occasion). As long as they do a good job of making it clear it's a character flaw of Rand's, rather than a common thing in world, I think it's fine. I can understand why they might want to steer clear of it, but I do like tension it adds to Rand's relationship with the Maidens.

VERIN. Of course.

That Moiraine is still alive!! Can you imagine this with Rosamund Pike voice over when Mat reads Thom's letter, or a flashback to her writing it, a couple seasons after she "dies"?!

The Black Ajah Hunters, when they first catch a Black Ajah sister with the Oath Rod (just read this part again, so awesome)

The Cleansing

Rhuidean sequence/flashbacks

Nynaeve healing Logain

On 11/28/2021 at 3:13 PM, Kudzu said:

As long as they do a good job of making it clear it's a character flaw of Rand's, rather than a common thing in world, I think it's fine. I can understand why they might want to steer clear of it, but I do like tension it adds to Rand's relationship with the Maidens.

The way to handle this correctly IMO is to very clearly link it to the fact Lews Therin killed Ilyena as a major source of this character trait for Rand, it becomes more about his personal guilt and struggles over who he is and fear of making the same mistakes. Could be done a number of ways with Lews Therin comments, memory flashbacks at key moments, etc.

Birgitte asking Mat: "Which language are we going to speak, Hornblower?"

That is one of the funniest scenes in all of WoT.  It will get cut most likely if they cut the Tylin thing... but they could also easily fit it in somewhere else - as long as the set it up nicely.

Of course, the follow-on where Nyneave and Elayne are forced to apologize to Mat due to Birgitte's badgering... that is also comedy gold.

Edited by 2RiversFan

Some reveals I'm excited for:

- The wolf dream and the dream world being the same thing

- The forsaken being back

- Rand is an Aiel

- This is "our" future after a hyper-advanced society falls

- The Jain Farstrider reveal

General moments I can't wait to see:
- Mat, Moiraine, and Rand in the Stone of Tear with the arches

- Everything in Rhuidean 

- Dumai's Wells

- Cleansing Saidin