DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Interviews and News Articles

WhiteVeils

12 minutes ago, Meskell said:

Called Perrin fancying Egwene immediately on episode one and that causing the problems in the marriage. Was told that I was completely wrong on this forum, despite the obvious way it was directed. 

I never saw anything like that even after I read that several others did. Guess that just depends heavily on perspective

6 hours ago, Meskell said:

Called Perrin fancying Egwene immediately on episode one and that causing the problems in the marriage. Was told that I was completely wrong on this forum, despite the obvious way it was directed. 

Yep, me too. It seemed so obvious to me.

1 hour ago, MasterAblar said:

I honestly didn't catch on to that at all. Granted, it's probably partly because it's not in the case in the books, and also I'm having a hard time seeing what the point is to it in the show. 

I didn't see it in the episode.  I think I said elsewhere that I saw tension in relationship to Leila and Egwene in the forge part of the episode but I extrapolated that Egwene had done something to Leila and not Perrin.  But, accepting the Perrin has a torch for Egwene as true, and where it is going...

Spoiler

It sets up Berelain/Faile conflict.   

4 minutes ago, TheDreadReader said:

I didn't see it in the episode.  I think I said elsewhere that I saw tension in relationship to Leila and Egwene in the forge part of the episode but I extrapolated that Egwene had done something to Leila and not Perrin.  But, accepting the Perrin has a torch for Egwene as true, and where it is going...

Hide contents

It sets up Berelain/Faile conflict.   

Ah yes, surely the best part of WoT.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/tv/amazon-prime/the-wheel-of-time-tv-series-book-adaptation/

One of the few articles I've seen that discusses the changes in depth and overall describes the show as a missed opportunity instead of merely reviewing it as a standalone piece (as i've been saying, the show is decent if a bit generic, but it had the potential to be a masterpiece).

Edited by TheMountain

On 11/27/2021 at 1:37 AM, Skipp said:

This article was a fantastic read.  The 2 authors play off of each other nicely. They are familiar with the books but not too familiar. 

Warning there are some spoilery references to the books.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/11/wheel-of-time-book-reader-recap-episode-4-who-is-the-dragon-reborn/

Here is their Episode 5 article

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/12/the-wheel-of-times-fifth-episode-is-bookended-by-funerals/

User celebrimbor on Dusty Wheel discord found this

https://www.bbfc.co.uk/release/the-wheel-of-time-episode-qxnzzxq6vlgtmtawmdmzmtm

Some spoilers in the ratings info and episode description

Episode 6

Spoiler

Rated 12

in this episode, Moiraine faces the consequences of her actions.

violence
There are scenes of moderate violence, including masked stabbings.

threat and horror
There are scenes of moderate fantasy threat when characters are possessed by evil forces and magical powers are used against them.

language
There is moderate bad language (‘bitch’), accompanied by other milder terms (‘shit’, ‘bastard’, ‘arse’, ‘bloody’ and ‘damn’).

sex
There are moderate verbal references to sex.

Episode 7

Spoiler

Rated 15

in this episode, Moiraine's companions ponder her strategy and try to figure out which one of them is the Dragon Reborn.

violence
Scenes of violence include stabbing and slashing with swords and spears, resulting in heavy blood spurts and bloody injuries. A heavily pregnant woman is stabbed, but the baby is unharmed.

There is moderate threat and mild bad language ('bloody', 'bastard').

Episode 8

Spoiler

Rated 15

in this episode, Moiraine and Rand's journey is interrupted by the Dark One. 

violence
There is a strong violence when a woman is stabbed through her mouth. In another scene, two women are beheaded in a scene that includes brief sight of gory detail. There is also sight of a rotting corpse.

There are also scenes of moderate fantasy violence and some bloody injury detail. 

Edited by DaddyFinn

17 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

User celebrimbor on Dusty Wheel discord found this

https://www.bbfc.co.uk/release/the-wheel-of-time-episode-qxnzzxq6vlgtmtawmdmzmtm

Some spoilers in the ratings info and episode description

Episode 6

Hide contents

Rated 12

in this episode, Moiraine faces the consequences of her actions.

violence
There are scenes of moderate violence, including masked stabbings.

threat and horror
There are scenes of moderate fantasy threat when characters are possessed by evil forces and magical powers are used against them.

language
There is moderate bad language (‘bitch’), accompanied by other milder terms (‘shit’, ‘bastard’, ‘arse’, ‘bloody’ and ‘damn’).

sex
There are moderate verbal references to sex.

Episode 7

Hide contents

Rated 15

in this episode, Moiraine's companions ponder her strategy and try to figure out which one of them is the Dragon Reborn.

violence
Scenes of violence include stabbing and slashing with swords and spears, resulting in heavy blood spurts and bloody injuries. A heavily pregnant woman is stabbed, but the baby is unharmed.

There is moderate threat and mild bad language ('bloody', 'bastard').

Episode 8

Hide contents

Rated 15

in this episode, Moiraine and Rand's journey is interrupted by the Dark One. 

violence
There is a strong violence when a woman is stabbed through her mouth. In another scene, two women are beheaded in a scene that includes brief sight of gory detail. There is also sight of a rotting corpse.

There are also scenes of moderate fantasy violence and some bloody injury detail. 

Oooooh Juicy - these waits for Friday are killing me

https://www.looper.com/320881/the-untold-truth-of-the-wheel-of-time/

This is an older article from earlier in the year, but I did not find it on this thread (but if it is there feel free to delete).   The main reason I brought it up was because it covers a lot of nice topics.  And for anyone waiting to binge the show might still be useful.

For example I now know exactly where the wolves come from (rather than just the info Marcus Rutherford shared at the premiere):

Spoiler

The wolf-dogs came from the Z Molu Es Kennel in the Czech Republic. They'll probably be playing the wolf pack that the blacksmith Perrin encounters in The Eye of the World.

It talks about characters and how none of them have been invented out of thin air:

Spoiler

Judkins also revealed that none of the new characters on the show are totally original creations. "There's no one fully invented. Anyone 'new' is either a character pulled from somewhere in the series and changed or a composite of groups or types of characters personified in one individual," he stated.

And gives hope that the editing & pacing for Season II is going to be a solid step forward

Spoiler

"The nice thing about this is that we will now have all eight scrips going into prep for season two, which will let us do such a better job with it, and it lets me focus more on the scripts and the editing that we're doing right now because were not shooting," Judkins explained during his appearance at JordanCONline, a virtual Wheel of Time convention. 

Also it mentioned that all scripts were read by Harriet McDougal 

Spoiler

Specifically, McDougal has been spending her time on The Wheel of Time set in Prague, where she personally reads all of the scripts and gives her feedback to Judkins. 

I think if I had seen this article pre Episode 1 I would have found my first watching to have been a little more enjoyable & been more prepared (similar to if I had gotten immersed in the WOT community prior to early November) - but by the 4th view I'd say I have increased my enjoyment of that episode by 20-25%.

And last but not least it is kewl to learn more facts behind the production that either I didnt notice or got forgotten.  Like the clip on how Tams sword was created.