DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Subtleties of the Trailer Show that Rafe is Doing it Right.

Elder_Haman

On 9/4/2021 at 3:47 PM, king of nowhere said:

The trailer starts immediately with egwene being thrown off a cliff, and it has a few more sequences of that,

I think book fans should understand the scene of Egwene coming up out of the water, even if not immediately.

And the Logain scenes, with the exception of Moiraine, Lan and Nyaneave being there, shouldn't come as such a great surprise because we do hear about the battle.

On 9/3/2021 at 6:37 PM, Elder_Haman said:

Nynaeve's sad, knowing smile.

So I also took this smile differently, not as sad and knowing, nor as happy and approving. I thought she really looked like Nynaeve there, more than any other shot. She was smiling to cover that she felt uneasy, overprotective, and maybe even a bit jealous.

7 hours ago, DragonFairy said:

The whole Witcher series was confusing on first watch, and it was a great success! I'm sure the second trailer will give us a better overall understanding of the story. This one was meant to be exciting.

I thought the whole dual time lines for Witcher to be unnecessary confusion. It was around the 3rd episode when I realized what was going on with the timeline. I can understand using it for the right reasons, I could give examples but that would be huge spoilers for the examples, but for Witcher, they should have had the "18 years ago" caption.

On 9/5/2021 at 2:00 AM, Mavin said:

So well put!!!!  I agree completely. I also LOVED the three quick images of overhead shots of circles. The dancing circle cuts to the circle of apparent dead Sisters which cuts to an overhead shot of the circular room in the Tower.  I just loved ALL OF IT SO MUCH!!!!!!  OMG I cannot WAIT!!!!

For me, this has become the best part of the teaser (the very first time, it was the Fade :-)).

After a couple of times, I realized that the circle shots together with Tams words IMO capture the soul of the books. To me, that is the most important. I accept that there will be (has to be) changes compared to the books. I hope they don't do them "just be different". I hope they do it because that makes a better TV show while staying true to the spirit of the books. The LOTR movies were very true to the books, and all the changes felt "natural". I hope the same will be true for the WoT TV show. After having seen the trailer, I'm quite confident they will do an excellent job.