DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Egwene Reborn? RJ, more of a genius that we expected?

Beau

To be clear, the men's memories that were given to Mat by the Finn's are not just from Generals. There are some from Generals clearly but the vast majority of his memories are from regular soldiers. He has memories of men on different sides of the same battle, he has memories of walking guard on a tower, he has the memory of dancing with a Seafolk noble far above his own station, he has the memory of being one man then the memory of being a boy barely into manhood killing that man.

1000's of men's memories ranging from a few hundred years before the Trolloc Wars to Hawkwing's rise covering around 1400-1600 years worth.

And he is NOT Hawkwing. Any soul that has been spun out already can not be called by the Horn as evidenced by Gaidal Cain not being present at the Last Battle when Olver blows it. Birgitte had already told us he had been spun out prior to even her getting forced out of Tar by Moggy. Reiterated by her again after being called by the Horn after dieing that Gaidal is already born and her time is coming.

Obviously Hawkwing being present when the Horn is sounded rules out that Mat being him reborn.

Something I have always wondered at, is every soul stored in the weave? Does this mean the creator limited how many people can exist in the world as a max and is this one of the triggers for the breaking? 

So humanity reaches the zenith of its technological peak, people live longer, disease is cured and population grows and grows. The last soul leaves the wheel and that triggers the breaking of the dark ones prison, mass destruction and death and at a level the world doesn’t recover from for thousands of years? 

On 8/28/2021 at 6:59 PM, Thrasymachus said:

That said, it's entirely possible that Egwene is Eldrene reborn.  Or Latra Posea Decume, or Mabrium en Shereed, or even Bonwhin or Tetsuan. 

Maybe multible of them... Latra to Eldrene to  Deane Aryman to Egwene....

On 9/1/2021 at 8:35 PM, Thrasymachus said:

Only that only that Dragon's reincarnation is certain and sure.

I am pretty sure Elan Morin bound with Dragon...

On 9/8/2021 at 7:54 AM, Finnssss22 said:

The Finn's have specific titles for him..."Gambler", "Trickster", "Son of Battles" that clearly indicates his Soul is specifically known to them and directly tied to the Wheel, spit out for a purpose.

This is not beacuse they know his soul because they know his timeline... They have different kind of understanding of time... They know future events for example... Moraine explains it best after they got out from the archway... But yeah he can be Aemon...

Edited by qlorin

On 12/17/2021 at 1:33 PM, qlorin said:

Maybe multible of them... Latra to Eldrene to  Deane Aryman to Egwene....

I am pretty sure Elan Morin bound with Dragon...

This is not beacuse they know his soul because they know his timeline... They have different kind of understanding of time... They know future events for example... Moraine explains it best after they got out from the archway... But yeah he can be Aemon...

It's the line right before that that implies something more though..."to once more be a part of something that once was".

If they're not talking about the Band of the Red Hand there, I don't know what else it could be with that specific wording.

On 9/1/2021 at 6:18 AM, SinisterDeath said:

It is clear, that Every soul in the wheel of time is reincarnated/reborn. We only have a few known knowns. 

It's rather silly to claim that only Rand al'Thor's soul, in the Wheel of Time is the only soul ever to be reincarnated...

image.png
image.png

image.pngimage.png

I have to respectfully disagree.  I can't see where you get this certainty.  There are a number of hero's who are in the book text bound to the wheel to be reborn as the wheel wills.  Unless they are summoned by the horn between reincarnations they do not remember their previous lives when spun out. This included LTT.  Rand doesn't remember a thing until the taint starts a past life memory or multiple personality disorder.   In an exposition by Brigitte to Elayne she says the hero's do not die as others do.   Now the real metaphysical question is whether if you die and your energy is dispersed into the cosmos but that energy is recycled but without personality or memory is it reincarnation.  It is cannon that you don't go to Tel' aran'rhiod unless you are a hero.  Therefore you don't exist.  Now where you are probably coming from is when, say the third age, comes again the pattern weaves out something similar to the last third age.  

There is someone spun out that had your role in the last third age.  But that person has no memory or continuity with the previous soul.  It is like saying everybody with the role of Hamlet has been reincarnated.  If you have specific evidence to the contrary please cite it. 

• Community Administrator
2 hours ago, Spiritweaver1 said:

I have to respectfully disagree.  I can't see where you get this certainty.  There are a number of hero's who are in the book text bound to the wheel to be reborn as the wheel wills.  Unless they are summoned by the horn between reincarnations they do not remember their previous lives when spun out

Reborn/Reincarnation =\= remembering past lives.

The two are mutually exclusive, and are not always paired together.

2 hours ago, Spiritweaver1 said:

I have to respectfully disagree.  I can't see where you get this certainty.  There are a number of hero's who are in the book text bound to the wheel to be reborn as the wheel wills.  Unless they are summoned by the horn between reincarnations they do not remember their previous lives when spun out. This included LTT.  Rand doesn't remember a thing until the taint starts a past life memory or multiple personality disorder.   In an exposition by Brigitte to Elayne she says the hero's do not die as others do.   Now the real metaphysical question is whether if you die and your energy is dispersed into the cosmos but that energy is recycled but without personality or memory is it reincarnation.  It is cannon that you don't go to Tel' aran'rhiod unless you are a hero.  Therefore you don't exist.  Now where you are probably coming from is when, say the third age, comes again the pattern weaves out something similar to the last third age.  

There is someone spun out that had your role in the last third age.  But that person has no memory or continuity with the previous soul.  It is like saying everybody with the role of Hamlet has been reincarnated.  If you have specific evidence to the contrary please cite it. 

Sorry, I'm confused as to what specifically you are arguing against.

We know for a fact souls are specific and reborn all the time.

The broadest example is channelers in general. RJ told us channeling and channeling strength is tied to the soul and that a soul that can channel. in any Age where channeling is present, will always be able to channel and will always be the same power level every time that soul is spun out.

And once again, Rand is not the only one with memories from a past life in the books.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 3:34 AM, Sir_Charrid said:

Something I have always wondered at, is every soul stored in the weave? Does this mean the creator limited how many people can exist in the world as a max and is this one of the triggers for the breaking? 

So humanity reaches the zenith of its technological peak, people live longer, disease is cured and population grows and grows. The last soul leaves the wheel and that triggers the breaking of the dark ones prison, mass destruction and death and at a level the world doesn’t recover from for thousands of years? 

This would actually make sense.  It is not something I wondered about but now I'm curious.  If the pattern did have a finite number of souls to spin, it would make sense that when the last one is spun, some thing needs to happen to kill a lot of souls to return them to the pattern to be spun out again.  Although would it really run out?  I mean, there would still be people dying of old age... but if people are being  born faster than they are dying...  I really like this theory!