DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wanna Make a Movie?

Barmacral

For those of us who remember (and enjoyed) Andy Kaufmann style humor, we could have an intermission, and set it up by showing a clip of the prologue of EotW, and have Rand, and a few others (at least Mat for comic mischief) there to rip the scene. Only to have Rand flip out LTT style and go bonkers, then knock over the cameras and cut to intermission, and have everyone let the audience 'in' on the joke.

Failing that, theres the back up of having Semirhage (now stilled, imprisoned and what not) commenting on the horrors of Tuon. Of course we'd have to subtitle the finger language the Blood uses.

Another possibility is to have Moiraine talk about the impossibility of keeping an eye on three Ta'veren at once, only to have the boys stumble in from celebrating thier respective marriages, dead drunk and practically fall in her lap.

Halima/Balthamel would be a ton of fun to rip too.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Barmacral

I'd enjoy doing a spoof on Rand and the Maidens, doing subtitles for the maiden handtalk would be lots of fun. Especially if we made the hand talk use a lot more than their hands...

LOL, I have this image in my head of Rand and the girls surrounded by the maidens all watching a montage of Aviendha & Rand, Min & Rand, and Elayne & Rand.

The maidens are making exaggerated hip movements, and the like while Avi is read as a beat, Min is hiding her face, and Elayne is trying to be Stoic as possible and showing no emotion, right up until the maidens collectively bust out laughing hysterically. We're talking a massive catfight.

Guest Barmacral

As interesting as Katie Holmes might be as the star of our movie, it is highly unlikely that she will be cast for the movie, and we really don't need her audition.

Guest Barmacral

I realize that it was a bot, my comment was somewhat sarcastic... and organizing things? We need something to organize first, what we need is for people to come up with their idea's and plans for a mockumentary. Its discussion time, so discuss!

I realize that it was a bot' date=' my comment was somewhat sarcastic...[/quote']

yes i as well was being sarcastic... not working too well is it, hard to express that kind of thing in a post but anyways,

shall the mockumentery be about just one person or all the characters, with little segments for the main ones?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Barmacral

Basically where you left off, I can't put anything further up in the Definate section until we as a group come up with something to put there.

The problem is that nobody is doing anything here, and my pushes are near useless.

Guest Stefania Sedai

Oh, Barm, you sound so sad. I'm sorry people quit posting.

I love the idea of using "archive" footage of TG and then showing the interviews with the characters about what happened. For instance, I can just picture Rand sitting in a chair, talking to the camera all cocky like, and saying, "I knew I could take ol'(insert Forsaken's name here)He never stood a chance against me" then we show a clip of the battle where Rand blows that Forsaken's head off. In the next shot, a headless body with wisps of smoke rising off the scorched neck area is in the chair and it's gesturing like it's talking to the camera, but we've got captions at the bottom instead "Well, I really thought I had him. If I'd just moved a little quicker, but the sun was in my eyes and I hadn't slept good the past couple nights....." (oh, by the way, in my idea of what the Last Battle will be like I see Rand having to blast through some Forsaken to get to the DO)

ya that sounds really good, we could also do something like elayne talking with aviendha and min, and they talk for a second, but every sentance or so they're saying something like "you sure you havnt seen rand anywhere?" something like that

Guest Stefania Sedai

'Nother idea. Rand is sitting in the chair talking to the camera again and it is like he has been asked to explain something and when he starts, he ends up arguing with LTT. Ex: "What is balefire? Where that's a tricky thing to explain. You see it's dangerous because not only does it destroy some one or something, but it also....(rolls eyes like he is trying to see in own head and is clearly no longer talking to the camera)No, that's stupid. Why would I explain it like that? I never said that. No I didn't. I'm not calling you stupid, just your idea. Hey! Oh, yeah. Well, I know you are but what am I! I know you are but what am I! Your mama! No, your mama!Now don't bring her into this........"

Guest Emperor

We might want to couple this discussion and draw in some Illuminators as they are pretty crafty.

Good ideas!

I check this post quite often.

• 2 months later...

Weeeeee! A sticky!

If I'm wrong Lawyers, correct me, but at this point I don't think legal matters would be an issue, as this is a wot fan site that this is being created on. The way I think it works, we could make it as far as a script before we ever need to go through the red tape. After that we'd have to run it by RJ if we ever wanted to see the movie on the big screen. But all the rest like costumes, pictures, script, idea's we could do before then. But those are all for later. For those of you who aren't such a fan of the WoT idea, you can suggest other things as well, at this point idea's for anthing at all will be cool.

[glow=red,2,300]CORRECTION[/glow]

We would need the copyright holder's permission

Archived