DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello WoT Community

TohIsOwed

I'm a brand new reader of The Wheel of Time, currently making my way through Lord of Chaos.  I'm reading each book in about 2-3 weeks depending on how much time I have.  I don't have anyone to talk to about the books and I heard the WoT community is great and enjoys discussing it with first timers, so I thought I'd give this a try!  Please let me know if you have any questions or comments, looking forward to what lies ahead, thank you!

Welcome to DM (and WoT)!

Got any favourite scenes or characters from the books yet??

The community here IS pretty awesome, have a look at the different clubs and feel free to message/ask more questions on any of the themes/topics you like ^.^ hopefully you'll love it as much as the series/we do!

@Cass - Favorite scene so far has to be Moiraine's death due to my emotional response.  I was so shocked and saddened I had to put the book down for the day, it's the only time that has happened (so far lol).  Favorite character (as of now) is Perrin, I relate to him the most.  He's genuine, has a kind nature and has a simplified way of looking at and solving problems, but he will bury an axe in your face if you threaten him or the people he cares about.  I'll be sure to check out the clubs, thanks for your response Cass!

@Liitha  I absolutely love the books so far.  I try to predict what is going to happen with different story lines and am completely taken aback when I am wrong or something totally out of left field hits you leaving me wide-eyed saying "WOW!"  I have not read New Spring, is it worth the read?

Welcome to DM!

Let us know your reactions as you read. It's always fun to follow a first time reader. 

You can read New Spring when you want to. My bf finished the series last year and he read it as the last book.