DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (attn: Ursana)

Arette

"My Sister..." He took a drink as he thought about how to describe her. A smile spread on his face unnoticed as it normally did when he thought of her these days. He still had a share of resentment at the back of his mind, but it was no longer in the front as it had been when he had first come to the Yards. He had realized a while back that it would probably always be there under the surface somewhere, but they had learned how to get around it when he had learned how to control his anger towards her.

"Rosheen is the most dedicated person i've ever met. She trains hard and is extremely talented with her weapons. If you ever meet her, you'll never forget her." He said. "That's just kinda how she is. She's always been really good to the people around her and I think I remember that the most when I was little. She didn't laugh when I pretended to be a Borderlander, anymore than she laughed the time we had a Gleeman travel with us and I pretended to be him too. She took it in stride and let me play. When she left no one else played along, though they let me keep at it myself."

He shrugged. "That's my big sister. But you're right. We judge ourselves by who we are, or we should if we're smart enough. I try. It's a bit difficult at times though, when i'm training in the Yards and people look at me and I know they're thinking 'That's a blademaster's brother?'"

Ursana Tahn Sakhr

Holding his hand, Sahra just listened. Rosheen sounded like a very special and interesting person indeed. She was certain that she would encounter the woman at the Yards and maybe even like her if she was as social as he said she was. And a Blademaster, huh? She could sense that he was still hurting a bit from her leaving and she felt sad for the little boy who had lost his best friend and play mate. She brushed his cheek slightly with her free hand.

"And what does it matter what they are thinking? What kind of implication in your opinion does being a blademaster's brother carry? Should you become one too? The more important question is, do you want to become one and if so, is it just because of her?"

Sana gave Sahra a half smile as he shook his head. "I honestly don't know. It's something I'm still trying to work out myself. But it does matter if people look at me and think less of my sister for it. Rosheen worked hard to get where she is and I don't want people to think less of her because of her ties to me. As much as it shouldn't happen, people think like that."

"But I am trying to find my way still, trying to understand if what i'm doing in the Yards is still for her, or if it's for me now and the answers don't come easily. I've spent too much of my life wishing she were a part of it again. Now that she is, I can't tell if what I do is her choice or mine." He signed again. "I enjoy it. I know that I do. But the drive to be better... I don't know where that comes from. To be the best, or simply because she is and I feel the need to match her. But enough of that." He said.

"Tell me more about you. Tell me what you want to do with your life. Tell me about the future and the dreams of my lovely lady."

Ursana Tahn Sakhr...

Sahra frowned when Sana said that people would think less of his sister because of him. She wondered why he thought that. Had someone made him feel inferior by doing or saying something or was it just something he feared? And if he enjoyed training, maybe he shouldn't analyse the reasons why he did that hard. Only if the drive to better himself interfered with it.

And then he had to go and ask about her dreams. She knew that he could tell him and that he wouldn't laugh but there was still a but. Just two more weeks and she could surprise him in the Yards. She didn't want to remind him of her age. He couldn't be that much older, just by two or three years and even if she was mature for her age, it might matter to him.

"I am happy to work here for now but I'm not going to stay as a barmaid forever. I want to be something and make a difference in the world." She couldn't elaborate more because right then it sounded stupid and pompous to her. She shrugged. "I thought that I would become an Aes Sedai but I cannot learn to channel. I do have a backup plan but it is not entirely sure yet." In hopes of distracting him, she flashed him a charming smile. "I have a dream about our future for tonight, though. More dancing." With those words she pulled him to his feet and toward the dance floor.